Getting Sunday Ticket discounted or free

I cancelled DirecTV about 6 months and they have been emailing me to come back. So called last week, they offered the free genie, ST, RZ and free movie channels for 3 months. But the price was still $49 a month. I told them to forget it. That would be $1200 for two years to watch the Bills. I ordered NFL Rewind for $29 for the year. Much better deal.

Or $1.60 per day....

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't stand the thought of missing any Bills game, so I made the call earlier this week. DirecTV has the best customer service of any service provider I have ever dealt with!

I had the Sunday Ticket last year. In February I hit some hard times and decided to cancel early. I still had 9 months under contract so I was charged $180 early cancellation fee. I never paid it, nor did I ever return the equipment, which led to another $300 or so being charged to my account. I called in and explained the situation, and the lady said "no problem". They reversed all of the cancellation and equipment charges, and gave me the same deal that new customers get - Choice Extra Programming, Free Sunday Ticket, free premium channels for three months, one Genie and two Mini Genies, all for $69 per month. I just had to agree to another 2 year contract. AWESOME!

They certainly know how to make/keep happy customers.

I e-mailed them 2 weeks ago and they responded back via e-mail with a direct phone # to the retention deptartment. After getting back from vacation, I thought about trying to do this via e-mail. (as I hate haggling on the phone) I requested the CSR to forward that e-mail to the retention dept. I'll let everyone how it goes.

Edited by qwksilver

If you have Sunday Ticket Max, don't forget about the various platform apps:

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.directv.supercast&hl=en

Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sunday-ticket/id390577714?mt=8

There's also a new DirecTV app for android:

DirecTV for Android updated to 3.0, boasts voice commands and new UI: http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/29/directv-android-app-update/

I went online to my account and had a credit of 43 dollars. (Already got the ticket and the ticket max for free)

I dont know where that came from. I'm also not going to call to find out either. I'll take $43 credits all day!

I expected a $50 credit. $43 credit looks funny. I'm calling them again. JUST KIDDING.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

Just FYI for anyone still thinking about it. I called yesterday to cancel Directv for real-real because we are moving back to Rochester. Right off the bat the guy offered me Sunday ticket for free. I told him no thanks, we're moving back to our favorite team's broadcast area and won't need it. (And really, with the plethora of options on Netflix and Hulu streaming through Apple TV, I thnk we're going to get by just fine without cable.)

But it seems it's still on the table as an option if you threaten to cancel, so go for it.