Getting Sunday Ticket discounted or free

I called yesterday:

50% off ST Max

$20 off a month for 12 months

$10 off a month for 24 months

$10 off for 6 months

I'm happy with it. Best part is that I didn't have to extend my contract which is up in Feb. I think next season when I'm no longer under contract I'll probably get even better deals when I call.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did the annual song and dance. I'm coming in as someone who has been with them for 6.5 years, and was out of contract. They put me on the phone with some loser who says the best he can do for me is offer a $10 credit for 1 year, and can give me the ticket for $180 instead of $225. He wouldn't budge on giving me anything else. I tell him no and asked for customer retention.

Without blinking, customer retention gives me:

the original $10 off for 12 months

additional $25 off for 12 months

Free Sunday ticket

4 months of free showtime so i can watch Inside the NFL

And i only had to sign a 1 year contract

Not a bad haul for 30 mins on the phone.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the 14 page Direct TV thread, I didnt want to read each page, but Here is just a litle head's up on how I just got Sunday Ticket (basically) for free:

* I CALLED AND SAID I NEEDED TO EITHER CANCEL SUNDAY TICKET OR HBO, SHOWTIME, ETC AND COULDNT AFFORD TO CARRY BOTH

* I HAD NO REAL INTENTION OF CANCELLING THE MOVIE CHANNELS BUT THEY WE WERE WILLING TO WORK WITH ME ON THE PRICES TO GET ME WHERE I NEEDED TO BE

* I ASKED HOW MUCH 2013 SUNDAY TICKET WAS-SHE TOLD ME $260

* I SAID I NEED TO SAVE AT LEAST $300, SOMEHOW-SOME WAY TO MAKE UP FOR PAYING THAT MUCH

* SHE AGREED TO LOWER MY TOTAL PACKAGE (ULTIMATE I THINK IT IS CALLED) BY $15 PER MONTH FOR ONE YEAR..I SAVED $180 THERE, AND THEN SHE THREW IN SHOWTIME FREE FOR A YEAR SAVING ME ANOTHER $144

TOTAL SAVINGS= $324, JUSTIFYING THE $260 NFL SUNDAY TICKET COST, AND THEN SOME!

THESE PHONE REPS WILL WORK WITH YOU, YOU MAY JUST NEED TO AVOID THE NFL SUNDAY TICKET CONVERSATION AND LOOK AT OTHER PRODUCTS YOU PAY FOR LIKE HBO,ETC.... THEY HAVE SOME LEVERAGE TO LOWER THOSE PAY CHANNELS....

GO BILLS!

I had DTV and Sunday ticket since the first year but canceled DTV two years ago due to signal issues and just overall bad service

I purchased Sunday ticket through PS3 last two years which was ok, better then nothing but as most know had its problems

I was planning on purchasing again but decided to buy the Madden Anniversary edition which includes Sunday Ticket Max online which I will Airplay to my TV. I'm concerned about the performance but can't see it being worse then PS3

Edited by Max997

Not sure if it was mentioned in the 14 page Direct TV thread, I didnt want to read each page, but Here is just a litle head's up on how I just got Sunday Ticket (basically) for free:

* I CALLED AND SAID I NEEDED TO EITHER CANCEL SUNDAY TICKET OR HBO, SHOWTIME, ETC AND COULDNT AFFORD TO CARRY BOTH

* I HAD NO REAL INTENTION OF CANCELLING THE MOVIE CHANNELS BUT THEY WE WERE WILLING TO WORK WITH ME ON THE PRICES TO GET ME WHERE I NEEDED TO BE

* I ASKED HOW MUCH 2013 SUNDAY TICKET WAS-SHE TOLD ME $260

* I SAID I NEED TO SAVE AT LEAST $300, SOMEHOW-SOME WAY TO MAKE UP FOR PAYING THAT MUCH

* SHE AGREED TO LOWER MY TOTAL PACKAGE (ULTIMATE I THINK IT IS CALLED) BY $15 PER MONTH FOR ONE YEAR..I SAVED $180 THERE, AND THEN SHE THREW IN SHOWTIME FREE FOR A YEAR SAVING ME ANOTHER $144

TOTAL SAVINGS= $324, JUSTIFYING THE $260 NFL SUNDAY TICKET COST, AND THEN SOME!

THESE PHONE REPS WILL WORK WITH YOU, YOU MAY JUST NEED TO AVOID THE NFL SUNDAY TICKET CONVERSATION AND LOOK AT OTHER PRODUCTS YOU PAY FOR LIKE HBO,ETC.... THEY HAVE SOME LEVERAGE TO LOWER THOSE PAY CHANNELS....

GO BILLS!

LOUD NOISES

I didn't ask for Sunday Ticket b/c I wanted the Genie. I got the new Genie with hardware, 4 months Showtime, 6 months starzs, and $10 off for next 12 months.

In may case it was sorta earned b/c they jerked me around for 1:40 and I had a right to be frustrated.

I didn't ask for Sunday Ticket b/c I wanted the Genie. I got the new Genie with hardware, 4 months Showtime, 6 months starzs, and $10 off for next 12 months.

In may case it was sorta earned b/c they jerked me around for 1:40 and I had a right to be frustrated.

You should have been able to get both at no charge.

I just called Saturday 8/3... I got:

- Sunday Ticket for free

- NFL Max or whatever it's called for free

- $15 off a month for 12 months

- UFC 163 for free

- movie channels free for 3 months

- DVR upgrade for free

-an additional $8 off a month for 12 months to cover the cost of the DVR service

I had no great bargaining chip, like contract almost up, etc ...

It's a good year here!!

Made the call..........

My free stuff

Nfl ST w/ redzone

Genie

Mini Genie

Cinema Connection Kit

$10 off for 12 mos

All the movie channels 2 mos free

Sports Pack Channels 2 mos free

I am already receiving $25 off a month (my normal yearly call to lower my bill in March)

My bill is $83 including tax now for 4 rooms of tv

My sister didn't want to get the Sunday Ticket this year because the Bills will most likely suck and she (and I) are getting tired of watching crap after crap every week every year. Then I told her about this thread. So, she made the call. In about 35 minutes:

- Sunday Ticket free

- Max free

- $20 off for 12 months

- $15 off for 15 months

- offerred movie channels, but she turned them down (doesn't like them)

- had to agree to a 1year agreement

Looks like we'll be watchin more crappy Bills ball this fall! I really hope they don't suck.

Called yesterday.

• Free Sunday Ticket (not max!) :thumbdown:
  • Free 2 months of all movie channels
  • $15 additional off my already $10 off for 15 months

1 year agreement

Not the best I've seen here but I got sick of haggling.

Just made my annual call, and got:

Free Sunday Ticket

$15 off for 15 months

$10 off for 24 months

I pay $75 for the Max upgrade. Not the deal some of you have gotten, but I don't mind paying a little for the Ticket -- being able to watch any game is a beautiful thing. And paying $75 to save $465 isn't too bad.

Call itself took about 15 minutes and was very pleasant.

I've been a customer for 15 years - been getting some kind of discount on the ticket for at least the last 10. Some years for free, some years 1/2 off. I can't complain.

Anyone ever "split" the max package with an out of town friend? Since i got the ticket for free and will watch the games here at home in FL, my friend who just moved to michigan asked if he could pay me to upgrade to Max so he could watch online, using my login.

I am a long time reader, first time poster lol, I specifically registered to post here. I called about two weeks ago and spoke with a normal sales rep. I said I want to cancel my subscription because A. it's too expensive and B. I wanted to go hang out with more Bills fans at the bar and watch the game in that environment. He said he'd offer me 6 payments $29.99. I of course said no, he went lower to 6 payments of $24.99....At that point I said no again and he said hold on and would send me to retention. I spoke with this Awesome guy who just began his shift. He was superb in the customer service arena and asked how he could make my day better. I told him give me Sunday Ticket free and boom it was done. He gave me Sunday Ticket Max a $300.00 value free and also gave me $10.00 off my bill for a year. I still had 10 months left on contract and only had to sign up for another 2 months on top of that to get the deal, so a 30 min call resulted in my butt staying home watching it on my big screen with awesome surround sound again :) Couldn't be happier for Dtv.

Anyone ever "split" the max package with an out of town friend? Since i got the ticket for free and will watch the games here at home in FL, my friend who just moved to michigan asked if he could pay me to upgrade to Max so he could watch online, using my login.

I coordinate with family members so they can use it online if I'm watching at home.

Of course only one of them can be logged in at a time so only two of us can watch at any given moment.