Getting Sunday Ticket discounted or free

Hey... So here's what i got from DTV.... The Genie, a Mini Genie, Free NFL

> Sunday Ticket with redzone, free HBO, Showtime, Skinimax, and sports pack

> for two months and $15 a month off my bill for a year. The person told me

> to call in a month and I should be able to get the Genie to go for

> nothing. I did try to get the MLB package for the rest of the year but

> best she would do was $75. Can't win them all!

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Genie install is on this Saturday. I'll report back on whether it's an HR34 or HR44.

Anyone have a Genie installed recently? Are they installing the newer model?

Red Zone Channel!!!

Trust me, I know all about the RZC. I just watch it less since I'm not playing FFL.

I'm going to cancel my sunday ticket renewal today.

If Kolb is our starter by game 1, I'm not renewing jack. I hate the guy that much.

If Manuel is our starter by game 1, I'm going to get the st for free. I'm out of contract and I have mad sales skills.

I'm going to cancel my sunday ticket renewal today.

If Kolb is our starter by game 1, I'm not renewing jack. I hate the guy that much.

If Manuel is our starter by game 1, I'm going to get the st for free. I'm out of contract and I have mad sales skills.

really you won't renew to follow your favorite team if kolb is starting first week. BS your just playing ST Poker

Just got my DTV this past week.

• Free Sunday Ticket for 1st year
  • $38 off the bill per month for 1st year
  • 3 months free premium channels
  • 1 Free Genie and 1 free mini Genie
  • Installation free

Only downside is a 2 yr contract. Paid $7 initially for getting it set up. First bill is due August 1st for $65. Got the Ultimate package which is on grade lower than the Premier package. Not sure what taxes setup fees are. I just know that when I signed up the package I ordered was listed at $49/month. I'll have to wait for the following month to see if the bill stays at $65. Perhaps I'm paying extra for the Genie per month. Guess I'll have read the billing statement to understand a little better.

After reviewing the bill, I see the Genie is 25/month!!! Wow.

Edited by Rockinon

I have been a DTV/ Sunday Ticket subscriber for 7 years, and recently have moved from Alaska to Vermont. I have never called before for a ST discount. I have 2 months left on my 24 month DTV contract, and my equipment is badly outdated. Dish network is offering me the Hopper DVR, HBO and Showtime for free for a year, a free I Pad, and a $200 Visa gift card to switch over. While I prefer DTV for the ST, I could definitely watch all the Bills games down the street at the bar if needed.

What approach should I take with DTV? I'm thinking about asking for ST for free, free HBO/Showtime for a year, and an equipment upgrade (Genie/Mini Genie). Should I see what they offer first, or take a more strong handed approach? I am truly prepared to cancel, and pay the early cancellation fee ($40), if they do not give me what I am asking for.

Thoughts?

I have been a DTV/ Sunday Ticket subscriber for 7 years, and recently have moved from Alaska to Vermont. I have never called before for a ST discount. I have 2 months left on my 24 month DTV contract, and my equipment is badly outdated. Dish network is offering me the Hopper DVR, HBO and Showtime for free for a year, a free I Pad, and a $200 Visa gift card to switch over. While I prefer DTV for the ST, I could definitely watch all the Bills games down the street at the bar if needed.

What approach should I take with DTV? I'm thinking about asking for ST for free, free HBO/Showtime for a year, and an equipment upgrade (Genie/Mini Genie). Should I see what they offer first, or take a more strong handed approach? I am truly prepared to cancel, and pay the early cancellation fee ($40), if they do not give me what I am asking for.

Thoughts?

Tell them just what you told us. Tell them what Dish is offering and you are seriously considering switching.

Johnny, if I were you, I'd take the offer from Dish Network for a year or two(don't know how long they make you sign a contract for). Then just go back to DTV. I do this with my car insurance all the time. The second they up my rates, I switch to another one. Of course with DTV you only get free ST for one yr when you sign a 2 yr contract.

You could always just tell them you are switching to Dishnetwork unless they offer you a better deal. They certainly won't want to lose you for a customer. Wait to see what they offer.

Edited by Rockinon

Tell them just what you told us. Tell them what Dish is offering and you are seriously considering switching.

Thanks for the feedback. I think what I have going in my favor is that I just moved. They usually offer incentives to movers anyway.

Johnny, if I were you, I'd take the offer from Dish Network for a year or two(don't know how long they make you sign a contract for). Then just go back to DTV. I do this with my car insurance all the time. The second they up my rates, I switch to another one. Of course with DTV you only get free ST for one yr when you sign a 2 yr contract.

You could always just tell them you are switching to Dishnetwork unless they offer you a better deal. They certainly won't want to lose you for a customer. Wait to see what they offer.

I am very tempted to go with Dish....great reviews about programming, equipment, prices, and customer service. Just something about watching the Bills game sitting in my leather recliner. Beer full of cold, cheap beer, and the wife making me snacks

DTV Installer brought the HR-34.

Thanks. Appreciate the info. My install is on the 28th.

Thanks for the feedback. I think what I have going in my favor is that I just moved. They usually offer incentives to movers anyway.

I am very tempted to go with Dish....great reviews about programming, equipment, prices, and customer service. Just something about watching the Bills game sitting in my leather recliner. Beer full of cold, cheap beer, and the wife making me snacks

Yes they do on movers. My brother moved and he received Genie and Sunday Ticket free plus other discounts.

I have been a DTV/ Sunday Ticket subscriber for 7 years, and recently have moved from Alaska to Vermont.

Thoughts?

You can still wear your tartan plaid, wool trousers?

Just something about watching the Bills game sitting in my leather recliner. Beer full of cold, cheap beer, and the wife making me snacks

You live the good life and yet you have to go all hostile towards the new guy who posts about Brandon Moore?

For shame.

I think Johnny Hammersticks is starting to get Johnny Football syndrome.

Put down the Hammersticks for a second and think about how things were before you got too big for your britches.

I'm not a DTV shill but it's hard to imagine Dish having better customer service. In my experience (16 years) that's where DTV shines -- just read through this thread for ample evidence.

Edited by eball

You live the good life and yet you have to go all hostile towards the new guy who posts about Brandon Moore?

For shame.

I think Johnny Hammersticks is starting to get Johnny Football syndrome.

Put down the Hammersticks for a second and think about how things were before you got too big for your britches.

I am not going to apologize for living life in the lap of luxury. I drink Great Western Champagne, and roll deep in my Subaru Impreza. I look down at you all from my plush new leather recliner. Go ahead SJBF and start a silly new thread. I will taunt you just as I taunted that Brandon Moore shill.

Haters gonna hate...

I am not going to apologize for living life in the lap of luxury. I drink Great Western Champagne, and roll deep in my Subaru Impreza. I look down at you all from my plush new leather recliner. Go ahead SJBF and start a silly new thread. I will taunt you just as I taunted that Brandon Moore shill.

Haters gonna hate...

Damn you and your tartan plaid, wool trousers!

After reviewing the bill, I see the Genie is 25/month!!! Wow.

Not really. DVR fee is $10, HD fee is $10, and whole home DVR is $3. So that equals $23 (for existing customers - somehow new customers get an extra $2 tacked on). For one box, that's ridiculous. But keep in mind that if you have a regular HD DVR, you're already paying the DVR and HD fee. And that's not per box -- if you have 5 DVRs in your house, you still pay only the base $10+$10 (although you do pay I think $7/month for each addition receiver). Of course if you only have one TV, why do you want 5 tuners and whole home DVR? :)

Of course the constantly escalating prices are why people are cutting the cord. According to this, 20% of Netflix users have cancelled cable/satellite service: http://www.neowin.net/news/twenty-percent-of-netflix-users-cancel-their-tv-service