Getting Sunday Ticket discounted or free

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some odd reason I don't think I want it this year.......like others I seem to get it for free or a great deal but I think I want to be outside more on sundays with my kiddo than in the house yelling at the tv in front of him =)

That's what the DVR is for.

Record it and watch it after the kids gone to sleep or whenever.

Watching Chan led Bills did have a way of upsetting my Sundays as well but I would not miss this year for all the money in the world. We may get our A$$ kicked but it wont be for the lack of effort. Go Bills

That's what the DVR is for.

Record it and watch it after the kids gone to sleep or whenever.

I dont want to know the outcome of the game and watch it.....takes away from the idea of watching something....same with movies and books.....if its spoiled then why even waste the time?

I dont want to know the outcome of the game and watch it.....takes away from the idea of watching something....same with movies and books.....if its spoiled then why even waste the time?

That's the point -- go hang out with your kid and stay away from the TV or scores on your phone, etc. Then watch the game "fresh" later.

Personally, I relish spending NFL Sundays in front of the TV...but I don't have kids or I might feel differently. My wife knows Sundays in the fall are football days; we worked that out a long time ago. It's one of the reasons I don't watch a lot of college football; Saturdays are for her.

That's the point -- go hang out with your kid and stay away from the TV or scores on your phone, etc. Then watch the game "fresh" later.

Personally, I relish spending NFL Sundays in front of the TV...but I don't have kids or I might feel differently. My wife knows Sundays in the fall are football days; we worked that out a long time ago. It's one of the reasons I don't watch a lot of college football; Saturdays are for her.

besides having a FT job and a PT job, on weds friday and saturdays I have class for 3hrs, 5hrs and 7hrs......and I work out 6 days a week..so sunday is my free day..... Edited by Jerry Christ

besides having a FT job and a PT job, on weds friday and saturdays I have class for 3hrs, 5hrs and 7hrs......and I work out 6 days a week..so sunday is my free day.....

Didn't ask for your life story, man...you make your own choices.

My wife knows most Saturdays & every Sunday in the fall is devoted towards football. Every once in awhile she say "I am sick of you watching football every weekend." which I simply say "you should of married someone else then." I am a piece of work ain't I? Hard to believe she has put up with this crap for 12 years now.

didn't ask for your advice but you gave it to me ?

You didn't? It appears you entered a thread devoted to folks talking about the deals they got on ST and bemoaned how you might not get it because you want to be outside with your kid. If that's not a "look at me" attention grab of a post I don't know what is.

Same deal I have with my wife. I also run a fantasy league so Sunday is busy from when I get up to late Sunday night.

Same deal I have with my wife. I also run a fantasy league so Sunday is busy from when I get up to late Sunday night.

Last year was the 1st since 1986 that I wasn't in a FFL. It was nice to actually sit back and watch games w/o rooting for/against certain players scoring, not looking at the web to track every game, and not changing channels to keep up.

I always record the game and watch it later at night. I spend my day doing things with my family and wife.

whats a game genie?????? Nice deal I am about ready to make my call

Guessing he meant the "mini" -- each subscriber is only permitted one Genie, but you can have up to three minis for other rooms that work off the Genie's tuners.

whats a game genie?????? Nice deal I am about ready to make my call

Guessing he meant the "mini" -- each subscriber is only permitted one Genie, but you can have up to three minis for other rooms that work off the Genie's tuners.

AKA C31: http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=c31&d=directv-c31-rvu-genie-mini-client-for-use-with-directv-hr34-and-hr44-genie-dvr-receiver-%28c31%29&sku=185463000979

Anyone have a Genie installed recently? Are they installing the newer model?

Last year was the 1st since 1986 that I wasn't in a FFL. It was nice to actually sit back and watch games w/o rooting for/against certain players scoring, not looking at the web to track every game, and not changing channels to keep up.

Red Zone Channel!!!