Getting Sunday Ticket discounted or free

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called and said I wanted to cancel Sunday ticket lady offered me a lame discount and I said no thanks. She said ok and canceled my ticket and Im thinking oh crap what did I do. I told her to connect me to cancelations and got a dude this time. I told him I just canceled the ticket and was looking to cancel DTV all together for Dish Network. He offered me Free Sunday Ticket and $30 per month for a year discount I was like ok I'll do that lol. I'm very happy what a week. Just switched home insurance companies and saved $1200 per year! Thinking about calling Verizon Wireless next since I'm on a roll!

Well actually I'm still under my original 2 year contract, so don't have complete flexibility. Can't totally threaten to quit without cancellation fees, but can cancel ST

Yep they got you under the 2 year contract. They aren't going to give you much if anything because you have NO leverage. That's why I didn't take the genie deal. I took the "FREE" NFL package and a discount on my bill for 12 months. My contract was over August 1st. They wanted to give me the genie too but it would have required a two year agreement so I turned down the genie. I will stick with my regular DVR HD receivers. Genie receivers would have been nice but then I lose my negotiating power for next year which will get me a lot more.

call it what you will I just "rebundled" - added Skin a max and a sport package to HBO (extra), StarZ (extra) and Showtime (extra), all for the same price I was paying before the NFL package kicked in.

- $150 before and now $150 with NFL package

if you have a HD DVR with a slave the extra adds 8 to 10 extra channels.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I just called and said I wanted to cancel Sunday ticket lady offered me a lame discount and I said no thanks. She said ok and canceled my ticket and Im thinking oh crap what did I do. I told her to connect me to cancelations and got a dude this time. I told him I just canceled the ticket and was looking to cancel DTV all together for Dish Network. He offered me Free Sunday Ticket and $30 per month for a year discount I was like ok I'll do that lol. I'm very happy what a week. Just switched home insurance companies and saved $1200 per year!

Thinking about calling Verizon Wireless next since I'm on a roll!

You should. I call on behalf of my parents and get them discounted for all sorts of things.

In the old country of our parents generations, haggling in the marketplace was a way of life.

While marketplace haggling doesn't really exist anymore in the US, dealing with companies like this on the phone is the modern day equivalent.

People should do it and feel comfortable with it and save themselves money.

Yep they got you under the 2 year contract. They aren't going to give you much if anything because you have NO leverage. That's why I didn't take the genie deal. I took the "FREE" NFL package and a discount on my bill for 12 months. My contract was over August 1st. They wanted to give me the genie too but it would have required a two year agreement so I turned down the genie. I will stick with my regular DVR HD receivers. Genie receivers would have been nice but then I lose my negotiating power for next year which will get me a lot more.

it doesnt matter what contract they have you under.........and the genies are worth it......I just reupped.....I love the idea of not waiting for info or the channel to change......and the 1tb of space is lovely as is the whole home dvr and the flawless internet surfing on all tvs.

You should. I call on behalf of my parents and get them discounted for all sorts of things.

In the old country of our parents generations, haggling in the marketplace was a way of life.

While marketplace haggling doesn't really exist anymore in the US, dealing with companies like this on the phone is the modern day equivalent.

People should do it and feel comfortable with it and save themselves money.

I can never reach a human being at Verizon.

it doesnt matter what contract they have you under.........and the genies are worth it......I just reupped.....I love the idea of not waiting for info or the channel to change......and the 1tb of space is lovely as is the whole home dvr and the flawless internet surfing on all tvs.

+1 :thumbsup::worthy:

These days the contract with DTV doesn't mean anything. Verizon for certain and maybe some other providers will pay whatever "penalty" is involved if you ever wanted to change providers before the term with DTV is expired. Genie is great not only because of all of the recording capacity and the five tuners, but also for the PIP feature that is perfect for watching Football. I'll have the Bills game and the Red Zone Channel on the Genie on Sundays.

Well I'm a little behind but I just made my call. They charged me my first full price installment the other day so figured it was time to do something.

First woman seemed a little inexperienced and offered me the ticket for half price I said not good enough. She transferred me to customer retention.

Second woman eventually offered me ticket for fee but could not give me max for free or give me any other discounts to cover the up charge for the max. After a bunch of back and forth I asked for a supervisor.

Once I got the supervisor, it went pretty smooth. Ended up with Sunday ticket max for free and had to agree to a 1 year contract. Didn't get any other discounts.

Seems like the discounts have dried up this close to the season and the whole process took me about 30 min on the phone. I was firm but polite and informed all 3 people I spoke to that I was willing to switch providers if I didn't get the ticket for free. My sister works for another cable company and can get me a good deal on a cable/Internet bundle so ill still have that card in my pocket next year.

Overall not as good a deal as many got earlier( but I'm happy with getting it for free especially this late. Good luck to any other procrastinators out there.

Yeah I called last night and could only get a half price and free max offer. I told them that I'd need to think about it, so I'll give it a few days and try again. I even tried the "I'm a Bills fan and I end up just watching Red Zone channel every week anyway" approach.

These days the contract with DTV doesn't mean anything. Verizon for certain and maybe some other providers will pay whatever "penalty" is involved if you ever wanted to change providers before the term with DTV is expired. Genie is great not only because of all of the recording capacity and the five tuners, but also for the PIP feature that is perfect for watching Football. I'll have the Bills game and the Red Zone Channel on the Genie on Sundays.

Already tested it out. I recommend side-by-side.

Yeah I called last night and could only get a half price and free max offer. I told them that I'd need to think about it, so I'll give it a few days and try again. I even tried the "I'm a Bills fan and I end up just watching Red Zone channel every week anyway" approach.

What kind of deal you get for ST Max seems to be contingent upon a combination of how long you've been a customer, what package you have, payment history, and current/past credits. Another major factor if needed is expressing the willingness to completely cancel DTV and move to another provider.

As much as I love the RZ channel, I can't take away valuable screen real estate when the Bills are on. I'll do the side-by-side when the Bills aren't playing.

As much as I love the RZ channel, I can't take away valuable screen real estate when the Bills are on. I'll do the side-by-side when the Bills aren't playing.

I would Be the same, but watch most games on delay...so no need . Have had the Genie bout a year..love that thing, but must confess never, and I mean never, have used picture in picture. Prefer the doubleplay to watch two things at once, and have had that 8 years.

Called DTV whilst going stir crazy on 95 today, did not much feel for arguing. 10 minutes got Ticket and max for $ 99 and $20 credit for 12 months. Dude was funny, said I will turn off auto renewal cause you call every year and get some deal anyway....then asked why it took me so long to call this year.