Bills interested in Doug Legursky, visiting 6/4 UPDATE: Signed!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe ChanOverChin was right about that veteran guard.

Maybe the Bills didn't like what they've seen so far?

Was a depth guy there could be first off the bench at guard or center here, even if someone looks good

There's a question: whether they see him as an upgrade as a starter or as an upgrade as a reserve.

As a lower tier guy, could be hopefully 1, worst case 2

I haven't seen a ton of him but it seems like a low risk guy that won't change our ceiling much but helps solidify the floor.

Edited by NoSaint

Like Brandon Moore, he's a bit shorter and lighter than most guards.

A bit younger than Moore and of course Legursky can play center as well.

It might make sense for Hackett's offense then, since they might be going for people who are smaller and faster and can keep up with the pace of their attack.

Seriously, I would be happy with this. I've still been a little shaky about guard, and this would do a lot to make me feel better.

It might make sense for Hackett's offense then, since they might be going for people who are smaller and faster and can keep up with the pace of their attack.

Seriously, I would be happy with this. I've still been a little shaky about guard, and this would do a lot to make me feel better.

Which goes back to letting Levitre go. Some of the arguments where he was no road grader.

But i know he was great at the second level and downfield blocking and certainly quite decent in PP.

Regardless of money his shoes need to be filled and it appears it's not that easy . Who knew ?

Where is Brandon Moore again ? he is quite servicable i have heard

Gotta love that name......Legursky. I don't think there's any doubt that the Bills are on the look out for a replacement for Levitre. B. Moore is who they want, but they're not going to pay him the $3M/season that he's holding out for. His demands will eventually come down, but the Bills may not be able to wait him out while other viable options pass them by. Sanders/Young/Brown are all OG experiments. C. Scott (another former Steeler) may actually be the best OG of the bunch I've been told. I look for Whaley to rob the Steeler cubbard early an often both this year and in future years. He knows their personnel and greatly respects their talent evaluators. FYI, SS Palomalu is said to be on his way out of Pittsburgh as well. Just sayin'..............

Marrone didn't make a point of acquiring Syracuse players. Many thought he'd want Nassib, we take Manuel. Many thought he'd want Shamarko Thomas, with Thomas on the board we take another SS nobody was talking about. Many thought he'd want Alec Lemon, we draft two WRs and add multiple undrafteds, no Lemon.

I'd keep Zach Chibane in mind as a dark horse at LG. Marrone is most likely high on this kid.

We better sign someone to play LG. I believe our OL will be below average if brown, young or sanders is our starting LG. we need to upgrade that spot if ej or kolb are too succeed this season imo