Bills interested in Doug Legursky, visiting 6/4 UPDATE: Signed!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He stepped in for Pouncey and did well at C against GB in the SB a couple years ago.

Yeah he looked great when BJ Raji picked him up and threw him at Roethlesburger causing him to fumble.

Raji is an absolute beast who can make any C look bad on any one particular play. So what's your point?

Obviously, Legursky isn't worth looking at. We should have spent $40million to keep our own LG who could look bad against Raji on any given play. :ph34r:

Raji is an absolute beast who can make any C look bad on any one particular play. So what's your point?

The point is you said he played well in the Super Bowl.

In fact he did not.

Pretty simple, no hidden agenda.

The point is you said he played well in the Super Bowl.

In fact he did not.

Pretty simple, no hidden agenda.

Okay, if you say so.

Here's what Peter King had to say about Legursky in the SB against GB:

SI's Peter King says that Doug Legursky played so well in the Super Bowl that Maurkice Pouncey's absence was a "speed bump."

Legursky had constant help, but Packers dominant NT B.J. Raji didn't even make a tackle. It's an impressive performance by the backup as the Steelers allowed just one sack and averaged 5.5 yards per carry. Legursky, an impending exclusive-rights free agent, figures to return as a reserve next season.

But you know better! :lol:

I can find other sources as well who'd concur with what I originally said. Perhaps not as knowledgeable as you though. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Okay, if you say so.

Here's what Peter King had to say about Legursky in the SB against GB:

SI's Peter King says that Doug Legursky played so well in the Super Bowl that Maurkice Pouncey's absence was a "speed bump."

Legursky had constant help, but Packers dominant NT B.J. Raji didn't even make a tackle. It's an impressive performance by the backup as the Steelers allowed just one sack and averaged 5.5 yards per carry. Legursky, an impending exclusive-rights free agent, figures to return as a reserve next season.

But you know better! :lol:

I can find other sources as well who'd concur with what I originally said. Perhaps not as knowledgeable as you though. :lol:

So Tackle stats are the best way to judge a NT?

And I cant find where Peter King actually says.

I can only find something you copied and pasted where someone else says that Peter King said that.

Here is a more realistic summary of the Super Bowl:

BJ Raji vs Doug Legursky (Not Maurkice Pouncey)

Even though stat sheets aren’t going to show that BJ Raji dominated the line in Super Bowl XLV, he and the rest of the Packers defensive line unit did a terrific job.

Pittsburgh’s running backs Mendenhall and Moore were able to average more than four yards per carry and score a touchdown, but most of their rushing success was at the edge rather than up the middle. When a rushing team like Pittsburgh can’t get holes opened between the tackles they are going to have problems as the Steelers did on Sunday.

Also, the Packer’s pass rush up the middle collapsed the pocket on Ben Roethlisberger a number of times. This includes the play where Roethlisberger was forced to make a bad throw that ended up being intercepted by Nick Collins for a touchdown.

Even though stat sheets aren’t going to show that BJ Raji dominated the line in Super Bowl XLV, he and the rest of the Packers defensive line unit did a terrific job.

Pittsburgh’s running backs Mendenhall and Moore were able to average more than four yards per carry and score a touchdown, but most of their rushing success was at the edge rather than up the middle. When a rushing team like Pittsburgh can’t get holes opened between the tackles they are going to have problems as the Steelers did on Sunday.

Also, the Packer’s pass rush up the middle collapsed the pocket on Ben Roethlisberger a number of times. This includes the play where Roethlisberger was forced to make a bad throw that ended up being intercepted by Nick Collins for a touchdown.

http://thepowerrank.com/2011/02/09/super-bowl-xlv-post-game/

Edited by Why So Serious?

So Tackle stats are the best way to judge a NT?

And I cant find where Peter King actually says.

I can only find something you copied and pasted where someone else says that Peter King said that.

Here is a more realistic summary of the Super Bowl:

Even though stat sheets aren't going to show that BJ Raji dominated the line in Super Bowl XLV, he and the rest of the Packers defensive line unit did a terrific job.

Pittsburgh's running backs Mendenhall and Moore were able to average more than four yards per carry and score a touchdown, but most of their rushing success was at the edge rather than up the middle. When a rushing team like Pittsburgh can't get holes opened between the tackles they are going to have problems as the Steelers did on Sunday.

Also, the Packer's pass rush up the middle collapsed the pocket on Ben Roethlisberger a number of times. This includes the play where Roethlisberger was forced to make a bad throw that ended up being intercepted by Nick Collins for a touchdown.

Even though stat sheets aren't going to show that BJ Raji dominated the line in Super Bowl XLV, he and the rest of the Packers defensive line unit did a terrific job.

Pittsburgh's running backs Mendenhall and Moore were able to average more than four yards per carry and score a touchdown, but most of their rushing success was at the edge rather than up the middle. When a rushing team like Pittsburgh can't get holes opened between the tackles they are going to have problems as the Steelers did on Sunday.

Also, the Packer's pass rush up the middle collapsed the pocket on Ben Roethlisberger a number of times. This includes the play where Roethlisberger was forced to make a bad throw that ended up being intercepted by Nick Collins for a touchdown.

http://thepowerrank....-xlv-post-game/

It's called Google: http://sportsillustr...07/super/4.html

g. Doug Legursky, the Pittsburgh center. The loss of Maurkice Pouncey was supposed to be devastating. Legursky played so well it was a speed bump.

http://www.register-...-his-play/print

Troy Aikman on Legursky's play in the Super Bowl: He performed well — “rock solid,” according to Fox color analyst and former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman during the broadcast.

From another link that's not allowed on TSW: While he may not come with the fanfare of Maurkice Pouncey, Legursky is a young, strong versatile lineman. He has the ability to play either guard or center and could prove extremely valuable not only in the Super Bowl but also in the years to come. In my opinion, Legursky played extremely well in the Super Bowl, being able to block down on B.J. Raji and pulling up field against linebackers and defensive backs.

http://triblive.com/...s/s_754290.html

But what really opened the Steelers' eyes was the performance he had in Super Bowl XLV, when he was forced to fill in for the injured Maurkice Pouncey at center and played well enough to neutralize mammoth Green Bay nose tackle B.J. Raji.

Well Well, what do you know? :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's called Google: http://sportsillustr...07/super/4.html

g. Doug Legursky, the Pittsburgh center. The loss of Maurkice Pouncey was supposed to be devastating. Legursky played so well it was a speed bump.

http://www.register-...-his-play/print

Troy Aikman on Legursky's play in the Super Bowl: He performed well — “rock solid,” according to Fox color analyst and former Dallas Cowboys quarterback Troy Aikman during the broadcast.

From another link that's not allowed on TSW: While he may not come with the fanfare of Maurkice Pouncey, Legursky is a young, strong versatile lineman. He has the ability to play either guard or center and could prove extremely valuable not only in the Super Bowl but also in the years to come. In my opinion, Legursky played extremely well in the Super Bowl, being able to block down on B.J. Raji and pulling up field against linebackers and defensive backs.

http://triblive.com/...s/s_754290.html

But what really opened the Steelers' eyes was the performance he had in Super Bowl XLV, when he was forced to fill in for the injured Maurkice Pouncey at center and played well enough to neutralize mammoth Green Bay nose tackle B.J. Raji.

Well Well, what do you know? :lol:

Well well well . I guess my standards are higher than Peter King's, Troy Aikman's, the local Steelers twit (dude needs to a salad or two and do a sit up while you're at it https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib) and 26CornerBlitz' standards; and I'm OK with that.

I know who won the line of scrimmage in that game, and it wasn't the smallest RG in the NFL.

Edited by Why So Serious?

He'd be a good pickup. I can't imagine his price is too high, and he could compete for the starting spot. Plus, he provides a decent backup center option in the event Wood gets injured.

Edited by RyanC883

Well well well . I guess my standards are higher than Peter King's, Troy Aikman's, the local Steelers twit (dude needs to a salad or two and do a sit up while you're at it https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib) and 26CornerBlitz' standards; and I'm OK with that.

I know who won the line of scrimmage in that game, and it wasn't the smallest RG in the NFL.

so your saying the signing wont win us the superbowl single handedly?