Sanchez throws three picks in OTA, Rex not happy

Rubes

If you look st Bledsoe's stats, you'll see he was about the same in Buffalo as everywhere else he played. The main difference that jumps out is that he took more sacks than usual. I don't think Bledsoe was ever very good. I agree he was certainly nowhere near HOF material IMO.

I think he was an excellent quarterback. Those numbers may not look like much today, but back then 3,500 yards and 20 TDs was a hell of a season. Go through the stats from the mid to late 90s and see where Drew is falling on a list which includes several HoF QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=1996&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=0&qualified=false&Submit=Go

Flutie was (maybe) better than Tim Tebow. Other than that, he is the armpit of NFL QBs and certainly not better than Sanchez. Flutie sucked in every way imaginable. By the time Bledsoe got to Buffalo, he was a has-been and is not even close to a HOF discussion.

My original point was that Sanchez has great historical numbers in games against the Bills. And that is the truth.

If we slaughtered every player who wasn't as good as Tim Tebow there would be maybe 5 or 6 guys left standing at the end of the day. Its an unreasonably high standard. Flutie was every bit the player John Kitna was. That should be the benchmark.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This, plus until last year when equal, the Jets have had a far better record of recent than the Bills.

I'm hopeful about Marrone and about Pettine, but the fact is, they have no track record in the NFL as the people responsible for a team's success or failure.

Fat Rex, on the other hand, does have a record of success and in particular, a record of Pwning the Bills.

I'll wait to laugh at them and predict "4 less wins than the Bills" when

1) I see the Bills field a better team than the Jets over time

2) I see the Bills field a better QB than Sanchez

3) I see the Bills rack up >4 wins

None of the above are gimmes based upon Marrone's lack of track record, the questions about Kolb, Tjax and their track record of INTs, and the questions about EJ's NFL-readiness, and what the Bills looked like last year.

Again, not trying to be a downer - I am hopeful about everything with the Bills this year - but, honestly folks, there are questions and "to be provens"

Meanwhile Sexy Rex has taken the Jets to the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years and they have had a top-10 defense in yards given up all 4 of those years. Where were we ranked?

I'm just glad you weren't trying to be a downer.

@ Fig Newtons

"Fact is, Sanchez is better than every single QB we've had on our roster since Kelly left. Another fact is that Brady is better than ANY quarterback in Bills history."

1) Sanchez is NOT better than Bledsoe and Flutie, i would even dare say Rob Johnson was equal or better. Sanchez's early career success is enitrely, 100% based on the system Rex initially installed relying on a heavy ground game and stellar D. Just because he did well against our team while coached by fossils of football past means nothing.

2) Brady is, and forever will be, the player that made BB look brilliant. To say BB is the luckiest man ever, is probably an understatement. He is amazing, but I would bet a large amount of money that Both Mannings and Brees would put up equal or greater guady numbers as Brady with they system.

"Rex Ryan's style of coaching, along with Mark Sanchez under center, got the Jets to consecutive AFC Championships ... so yes, I do respect that."

Any QB would have been fine those 2 years. Fitz could have done Sanchez's job in those 2 yrs.

"Sanchez is better than EVERY quarterback since Kelly."

See above, because that is clearly just not true.

"The Jets have been better TEAM than the Bills for over a decade."

And the Bills were a better TEAM than the Jets for over a decade in the 90s. Teams go through cycles, simple. Can't suck forever, otherwise the team goes under.

"People need to realize that to slam players, teams and coaches that have been better than Buffalo since the last friggin millenium is nothing but hatred born of jealousy."

I will bash the Jets and Mark Sanchez all day. It is NOT jealousy. I will note that I would rather SUCK something aweful than be anything close to resembling the abnoxiousness of Jets players, coach, and fans and that mentality. I thought the Cowboys were bad in the 90s, but I'd rather listen to one of those guys than hear anything from one of these circus side shows. It's not Talent, or Skill, or Being better. So they had a better W/L record in the last 4 Yrs. You know who else did? The Falcons. You know why no one cares. They didn't win the superbowl. Nothing matters unless you win the game at the end. Oh man they were 1 game away...... No one cares. Want proof? The eagles went to 4 strait NFC championship games..... no one cares. All people remember is the loss in the 1 time they made it all the way.

"Respect those who are better and aspire to be better than them."

"Or just say, "they suck," and pretend the Bills are better."

The problem is.... are they really better? I would bet that outside of coaches, the answer is no. I would bet that swaping coaches, would result in the Jets never making it to those 2 title games and simply having 4 terrible yrs rather than 2. I can't tell you how many time I see games where the Jets clearly should have lost and some how are given the game on a platter.

Don't get me wrong though. The Bills are, a rebuilding team, and I have yet to have confidence on the Bills Coaching staff in many years. Nothing makes me madder than cutsey play calling and not just out right beating the other team, something I think Rex at least trys to convey.

we are 8-12 against them in the last decade. Of the 12 loses, half of the games were lost by 6 or less. So that means, we lost 6 close games and got beat decently to badly in 6. Thats not exactly being destroyed by a team.

Also i'll take a 48-28 lose over a 28-9 lose. Jets just really aren't that good, mostly a product of coaching scheme, and in many cases luck. Sanchez is NOT that amazing, and if you really want to argue, the second they started to ask him to do more than keep the defense honest, the team started losing more and more.

Agreed...never understood why NO wouldn't feature a backfield of he and Sproles and stop futzing around with Ingram and Thomas

pierre thomas is a bit like fred in that he does everything well, but might not have that "special" quality to his running that really pops on tape. doesnt have breakaway speed, isnt running people over, but has great balance and vision, is "good enough" on every measurable and can block, catch etc.... ingram being a first round gets some touches - hes more well rounded than ivory but just hasnt been productive.

ivory has struggled with the blocking, and receiving. some of that is going off word of mouth because they pull him FAST unless its a running play (i know last year one of the only passes that went his way he turned to the wrong shoulder, got awkward and the ball was picked). and frankly the blocking is vital for new orleans. gotta protect the 20 million dollar man, and they dont trust ivory to do it well enough. which makes his runs all the more impressive because everyone in the building knows the ball is going to him when hes on the field. The percentage that it skewed was ridiculous. fortunately for us (and unfortunately for him) he cant stay healthy more than 2-3 games so its hard to rely on him, and its tough for him to grow in the system and learn those skills. we will see what he can do full time, but part time - kid was a BEAST when handed the ball.

Edited by NoSaint

I will note that I would rather SUCK something aweful than be anything close to resembling the abnoxiousness of Jets players, coach, and fans and that mentality.

Let us know when you find something aweful to suck.

I can't wait until Sanchez forces them to go with Geno and then he shows how terrible I believe he's going to be.

If Geno starts day 1 as QB, wouldn't that make him front runner for Offensive ROY according to another thread, killing our chances of having both offensive and defensive ROYs? (sarcasm)

I think he [bledsoe] was an excellent quarterback. Those numbers may not look like much today, but back then 3,500 yards and 20 TDs was a hell of a season. Go through the stats from the mid to late 90s and see where Drew is falling on a list which includes several HoF QBs.

http://www.nfl.com/s...false&Submit=Go

That influenced me a bit. We can debate more another day in another thread.

Sanchez is nowhere the QB Bledsoe was. I hope the QB situation in NY is a circus for a long time!

Flutie was (maybe) better than Tim Tebow. Other than that, he is the armpit of NFL QBs and certainly not better than Sanchez. Flutie sucked in every way imaginable. By the time Bledsoe got to Buffalo, he was a has-been and is not even close to a HOF discussion.

My original point was that Sanchez has great historical numbers in games against the Bills. And that is the truth.

You're not serious, right? . . .

And thanks for stirring up the spirits and stoking the flames of the curse: We are still paying the price for not starting him in that play-off game. A curse that started on the last play of that game, and continues to this day. With the draft EJ, I thought maybe, just maybe, the supernatural forces had finally let it go. But no, you had to bring it up again with an inflammatory statement like "he is the armpit of NFL QBs and certainly not better than Sanchez," come on, have some common sense here, for the good of Bills-Nation, please!

That influenced me a bit. We can debate more another day in another thread.

Sanchez is nowhere the QB Bledsoe was. I hope the QB situation in NY is a circus for a long time!

It has been already but hopefully we drafted the right guy in EJ.... oh, you meant the Jets.

And thanks for stirring up the spirits and stoking the flames of the curse: We are still paying the price for not starting him in that play-off game. A curse that started on the last play of that game, and continues to this day. With the draft EJ, I thought maybe, just maybe, the supernatural forces had finally let it go. But no, you had to bring it up again with an inflammatory statement like "he is the armpit of NFL QBs and certainly not better than Sanchez," come on, have some common sense here, for the good of Bills-Nation, please!

Yes, he's serious. And he's right...the guy rode a top 3 defense to 2 wild card berths...big whoop.

I didn't bring Flutie up. That would be Mr. Ball. E. Ball.

And the only Flutie curse was bringing him to Buffalo in the first place. The guy just plain sucked and was the Locker Room Cancer Poster Boy. And I don't want to hear any of this, "he got us to the playoffs" crap. If that holds water, then so does "Sanchez got the Jets to consecutive AFC Championships."

If Geno starts day 1 as QB, wouldn't that make him front runner for Offensive ROY according to another thread, killing our chances of having both offensive and defensive ROYs? (sarcasm)

Going after Alpha-dunce a little? LOL.

at this point, i'm just going to assume Fig Newtons is trolling. Proof has been brought up that sanchez is not amazing, and simply the enjoying the benefits of the team he was on at the time he was there. Basically Trent Dilfer.

That's a pretty hefty accusation.

My original point was that Sanchez has owned the Bills. He has. He had one lousy game, as a rookie, in which he threw 5 INTs. That happens. The rest of his stats are very respectable against the Bills. Jets teams with Sanchez under center won 75% of their match-ups with the Bills.

I never said Sanchez was great. I said he's better than any Bills QB since Jim Kelly. I stand by that.

As far as benefitting from a team one is on ... why did no one benefit from a top 3 defense in Buffalo all those years?

And as far as Dilfer goes ... again, not a great QB by any means. But he's a Super Bowl champion QB. That doesn't happen to QBs who suck. Add him to the list of better than any post-Kelly Bills QB, too.

Game 1: (210 rushing yds / 1 TD)

10/29

119 yds

0 TD

5 INT

Terrible Game, but hey, kids a rookie.

Game 2: (249 rushing yds / 0TD)

7/15 (46.7% / 6.9 YPA)

104 yds

1 TD

0 INT

All Run game and Jets D, Sanchez did basically nothing

Game 3: (227 rushing yds / 2TD)

14/24 (58.3% / 6.7 YPA)

161 yds

2 TD

0 INT

All Run game and Jets D. Sanchez did just enough nothing special.

Game 4: (129 rushing yds / 2 TD)

20/28 (71.4% / 8.2 YPA)

230 yds

1 TD

1 INT

First Good Game against Bills

Game 5: (138 rushing yds / 0 TD)

17/35 (48.6% / 5.1 YPA)

180 yds

4 TD

1 INT

Meh stats, but put up 4 TD, did what was needed, but did not exactly destroy the Bills.

Game 6: (118 rushing yds / 1 TD)

19/27 (70.4% / 9.9 YPA)

266 yds

3 TD

1 INT

We all know what happened here. Bills vanilla D got stomped, Third good game against the Bills in a row.

Game 7: (134 Rushing Yards / 0 TD)

17/35 (48.6% / 5.9 YPA)

205 yds

0 TD

1 INT

Once again nothing special just like in games 1,2,3. So we are looking at 2 AMAZING games, 1 Decent game, and 4 Nothing games where he was either bad or did nothing...... yep let me tell you Sanchez owns the Bills.

The Jets as a team have, beaten the bills pretty soundly over the last decade, but in the last 4 years, it was certainly not because of the amazing talents of Sanchez, nor this idea that Sanchez has our number and always plays well against us. If you would like here is his average against us per game:

15/28 (53.5%)

181 yds

1.57 TDS

1.28 Int

Ya. Real scary numbers. Sanchez has owned the Bills, not like it's the rest of the Jets team pulling weight or the Bills just being bad. It's alllllll Sanchez.

Game 1: (210 rushing yds / 1 TD)

10/29

119 yds

0 TD

5 INT

Terrible Game, but hey, kids a rookie.

Game 2: (249 rushing yds / 0TD)

7/15 (46.7% / 6.9 YPA)

104 yds

1 TD

0 INT

All Run game and Jets D, Sanchez did basically nothing

Game 3: (227 rushing yds / 2TD)

14/24 (58.3% / 6.7 YPA)

161 yds

2 TD

0 INT

All Run game and Jets D. Sanchez did just enough nothing special.

Game 4: (129 rushing yds / 2 TD)

20/28 (71.4% / 8.2 YPA)

230 yds

1 TD

1 INT

First Good Game against Bills

Game 5: (138 rushing yds / 0 TD)

17/35 (48.6% / 5.1 YPA)

180 yds

4 TD

1 INT

Meh stats, but put up 4 TD, did what was needed, but did not exactly destroy the Bills.

Game 6: (118 rushing yds / 1 TD)

19/27 (70.4% / 9.9 YPA)

266 yds

3 TD

1 INT

We all know what happened here. Bills vanilla D got stomped, Third good game against the Bills in a row.

Game 7: (134 Rushing Yards / 0 TD)

17/35 (48.6% / 5.9 YPA)

205 yds

0 TD

1 INT

Once again nothing special just like in games 1,2,3. So we are looking at 2 AMAZING games, 1 Decent game, and 4 Nothing games where he was either bad or did nothing...... yep let me tell you Sanchez owns the Bills.

The Jets as a team have, beaten the bills pretty soundly over the last decade, but in the last 4 years, it was certainly not because of the amazing talents of Sanchez, nor this idea that Sanchez has our number and always plays well against us. If you would like here is his average against us per game:

15/28 (53.5%)

181 yds

1.57 TDS

1.28 Int

Ya. Real scary numbers. Sanchez has owned the Bills, not like it's the rest of the Jets team pulling weight or the Bills just being bad. It's alllllll Sanchez.

So, you're saying:

When a QB throws a TD and no INTs, "that's basically nothing."

When a QB throws a 2 TD and no INTs, "that's nothing special."

When a QB throws a 4 TD and 1 INT - in a win - that the QB "did not exactly destroy" the other team.

And I'm not saying it's "all Sanchez." I watched every game and Sanchez looked at his best in many of them. And they won many of them.

So, you're saying:

When a QB throws a TD and no INTs, "that's basically nothing."

When a QB throws a 2 TD and no INTs, "that's nothing special."

When a QB throws a 4 TD and 1 INT - in a win - that the QB "did not exactly destroy" the other team.

And I'm not saying it's "all Sanchez." I watched every game and Sanchez looked at his best in many of them. And they won many of them.

In a wider context any one of those statements could be totally true, or laughable.

What exactly do you describe a 1 td 0 int performance out of the qb as?

Personally I think your both going a bit extreme. Sanchez has played well against us, but a lot of qbs have. He's also had some games that were less than memorable. The jets have beat us up pretty badly in that stretch but I wouldn't say Sanchez was the facilitator of those beatings. Heck, the way they ran on us it would have been silly to ask him to make plays (ie with Sanchez ask him to make mistakes).