Sanchez throws three picks in OTA, Rex not happy

Rubes

The Jets as a team have, beaten the bills pretty soundly over the last decade, but in the last 4 years, it was certainly not because of the amazing talents of Sanchez, nor this idea that Sanchez has our number and always plays well against us. If you would like here is his average against us per game:

15/28 (53.5%)

181 yds

1.57 TDS

1.28 Int

Ya. Real scary numbers. Sanchez has owned the Bills, not like it's the rest of the Jets team pulling weight or the Bills just being bad. It's alllllll Sanchez.

If that's Sanchez "at his best", that's not very good at all. I give the kudos to the performance of the Jets DST in many of those games as well as the running game. That's what carried the team and not the "Sanchize". We'll see how well the team does without Revis and some of the other pieces they've lost this last year.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's Sanchez "at his best", that's not very good at all. I give the kudos to the performance of the Jets DST in many of those games as well as the running game. That's what carried the team and not the "Sanchize". We'll see how well the team does without Revis and some of the other pieces they've lost this last year.

Revis is the most overrated player in the NFL. The Jets won very few games because of anything Revis ever did.

Revis is the most overrated player in the NFL. The Jets won very few games because of anything Revis ever did.

He was the basis of their whole defense. Revis island eliminating half the field was the reason the Jets D was able to blitz like they did. Because of him they didnt need to drop extra guys back into coverage. I'd say he was a very big reason why they won some games. Certainly a lot bigger than any contribution Sanchez ever made.

Edited by biglukes

Most NFL coaches would disagree with you. I'm going with them over an armchair quarterback.

He was the basis of their whole defense. Revis island eliminating half the field was the reason the Jets D was able to blitz like they did. Because of him they didnt need to drop extra guys back into coverage. I'd say he was a very big reason why they won some games. Certainly a lot bigger than any contribution Sanchez ever made.

I respectfully disagree. The Jets got to those AFC Championship games on Thomas Jones' legs and Mark Sanchez' arm and game management. Sure, Revis got a few turnovers, but he didn't put points on the board. You need points to win the game.

Let me say this, I don't feel bad for Sanchez. He will make more money than I ever can dream about. I hope they cut him and he walks with stacks of cash. The Jests have completely mishandled this guy. Hell, Fitz went into last season (maybe the season before as well) the "undisputed" starter. You never got that impression with the Jets and Sanchez. Rex and Mr. T always seemed to be talking out of their azz when it came to this dude. i think he is too good for that organization. Is the guy a little mentally weak? Perhaps. However, who would like to walk into work with those politics. I have worked places where it is distracting and kills morale.

4 TD and 180 yds with under 50% completion. That's 1 inflated stat with 2 pretty mediocre ones. Great he finished 4 drives that the running backs didn't and had short fields to work with that game.

Sanchez is simply not that great.

Again, he has in 7 games started against us of the last 8 since he was rested for 1 of them, 2 Great games, 1 where he did what was needed and finished drives, and 4 games where he did basically nothing.

Oh the game where Sanchez was 2 TD for 0 Int..... so was Fitz..... Difference? the Jets had over 200 rushing yds.

Sanchez is like elephant sitting on the time bomb in the middle of the room. Everyone sees the elephant, the time bomb is going to go off, either way...but what do you do when you're in the room with a time bomb and an elephant?

I give up.....

:lol: Looks like somebody has been watching entirely too much ESPN. :lol:

What's next? Telling us that Tony Romo is a HOF QB? :lol::wacko:

I remember the Jets/Cowboys Sunday night game a few seasons ago...neither of these clowns could win the game, and both did their best to lose it = INTS, fumbles, missing wide open receivers, etc., despite being given the ball in decent field position, over and over and over. :lol: It was a comedy of FAIL. Especially since ESPN had spent the 2 hours of pregame touting this as one of the great QB battles of all time. :rolleyes::lol: Yes, a great QB battle, that turned on a blocked punt, and ended with a Romo INT, followed by Sanchez going 0-2 and leaving the kicker to win it with a 50 yard FG . :lol: "BEST EVA!"

Those of us who are old enough to have seen Marino, Kelly, Elway, Moon, Easiason, and later, Warner, Manning, Favre, and Brady know a "winning QB", the kind that wins games all by himself, when we see one. Those of us who have seen those guys play, know what a real "great QB battle" looks like.

Sanchez, Romo, aren't those guys, and they never will be. Sanchez isn't even close, and to say otherwise is flat out absurd. In fact, I can't think of a more embarrassing night for ESPN(and there have been many), than the Sanchez Romo Debacle.

EDIT: And yeah, the order of who is closest(not close, but who is closest) to a real "winning QB who wins the big games"?

1. Fitzpatrick

2. Romo

3. Sanchez

Edited by OCinBuffalo

:lol: Looks like somebody has been watching entirely too much ESPN. :lol:

What's next? Telling us that Tony Romo is a HOF QB? :lol::wacko:

I remember the Jets/Cowboys Sunday night game a few seasons ago...neither of these clowns could win the game, and both did their best to lose it = INTS, fumbles, missing wide open receivers, etc., despite being given the ball in decent field position, over and over and over. :lol: It was a comedy of FAIL. Especially since ESPN had spent the 2 hours of pregame touting this as one of the great QB battles of all time. :rolleyes::lol: Yes, a great QB battle, that turned on a blocked punt, and ended with a Romo INT, followed by Sanchez going 0-2 and leaving the kicker to win it with a 50 yard FG . :lol: "BEST EVA!"

Those of us who are old enough to have seen Marino, Kelly, Elway, Moon, Easiason, and later, Warner, Manning, Favre, and Brady know a "winning QB", the kind that wins games all by himself, when we see one. Those of us who have seen those guys play, know what a real "great QB battle" looks like.

Sanchez, Romo, aren't those guys, and they never will be. Sanchez isn't even close, and to say otherwise is flat out absurd. In fact, I can't think of a more embarrassing night for ESPN(and there have been many), than the Sanchez Romo Debacle.

EDIT: And yeah, the order of who is closest(not close, but who is closest) to a real "winning QB who wins the big games"?

1. Fitzpatrick

2. Romo

3. Sanchez

You've got to be kidding. Romo is 100x the QB Fitzpatrick is. Let me re-re-re-re-iterate ... I never said Sanchez was a great QB. I simply said he has historically done well against the Bills. He has. And they've beaten us. A lot.

Romo is not a HOF QB by any stretch. But he is lightyears beyond Fitzpatrick and could come here tomorrow and be the undisputed number one QB.

Edited by Fig Newtons

You've got to be kidding. Romo is 100x the QB Fitzpatrick is. Let me re-re-re-re-iterate ... I never said Sanchez was a great QB. I simply said he has historically done well against the Bills. He has. And they've beaten us. A lot.

Romo is not a HOF QB by any stretch. But he is lightyears beyond Fitzpatrick and could come here tomorrow and be the undisputed number one QB.

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's propensity to choke in big games?

What is Tony Romo's?

Running up stats means nothing. If I had to play 1 game, against the Baltimore Ravens in the SB, and I had to choose between Romo and Fitz? It's Fitz every time, all day, and twice on Sunday. Why the hell would I put my faith in a guy, who I can't put my faith in?

Edit: Why wouldn't I rather trust in my defense, and go with a guy who may not win it for me, but at the very least I know won't give the game away?

A choker is a choker, and always will be. I've seen this personally, on the field, at the D1 level. Some guys can do it fine, and even all whatever level, when the lights are off. But, when the lights are on, they just can't put it together. That is Romo, period. Romo is the king of the 1pm game, and the Joker in prime time.

Edit 2: What is the difference between saying Sanchez has done well against the Bills, and saying Brady has done well against the Bills?

Oh? There is a difference? What would that be exactly?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

What is Ryan Fitzpatrick's propensity to choke in big games?

What is Tony Romo's?

Running up stats means nothing. If I had to play 1 game, against the Baltimore Ravens in the SB, and I had to choose between Romo and Fitz? It's Fitz every time, all day, and twice on Sunday. Why the hell would I put my faith in a guy, who I can't put my faith in?

Edit: Why wouldn't I rather trust in my defense, and go with a guy who may not win it for me, but at the very least I know won't give the game away?

A choker is a choker, and always will be. I've seen this personally, on the field, at the D1 level. Some guys can do it fine, and even all whatever level, when the lights are off. But, when the lights are on, they just can't put it together. That is Romo, period. Romo is the king of the 1pm game, and the Joker in prime time.

Fitzpatrick couldn't even orchestrate a comeback against the friggin' Titans. He also had a great O-line, which Romo never has had. I would take Romo throwing left-handed over Fitzpatrick on his best day. Any given Sunday.

I'm tired of talking about Sanchez and Romo. I just want to see EJ Manuel run the hell out of the ball and take us to the promised land.

How about this gem:

This from a Jets player, who asked not to be identified: "Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there's a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it's time to give someone else a chance." The player went on to say that he estimates that 80-90 percent of the team feels the same way he does.

Not only is it great that most of the team wants Sanchez gone, but how awesome is it that this player announces the fact anonymously in the media???

This story is overblown. Are coaches/fans/media in NYC that hyped up about OTA's? This is like people in Buffalo getting all worked up because Ryan Miller was scored upon a bunch in offseason practices. Seems stupid.

Fitzpatrick couldn't even orchestrate a comeback against the friggin' Titans. He also had a great O-line, which Romo never has had. I would take Romo throwing left-handed over Fitzpatrick on his best day. Any given Sunday.

I'm tired of talking about Sanchez and Romo. I just want to see EJ Manuel run the hell out of the ball and take us to the promised land.

More Romo excuses? Did the O line make Romo fumble a hold? Did the O line make Romo throw game ending picks 3 times? Even if we give one of those to the O line, what about the other 2?

You are talking about the Bills O line, since Romo has been in the league? How many of those years exactly have we had a average O line, and not a horrible one?

If you don't want to talk about it, then don't come here and say silly things like Sanchez "beat the Bills".

Sanchez has had as much to do with beating the Bills as the equipment manager. Yeah, both have to show up or there's going to be problems, but neither is the reason that they won.

Let me preface this by saying I've always liked Curtis Martin ... but he really offered some insight that only a former Jet could add with this beauty:

"Either Mark will outperform Geno or Geno will outperform Mark."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/joe-namath-curtis-martin-chime-geno-smith-mark-150400862.html

More Romo excuses? Did the O line make Romo fumble a hold? Did the O line make Romo throw game ending picks 3 times? Even if we give one of those to the O line, what about the other 2?

You are talking about the Bills O line, since Romo has been in the league? How many of those years exactly have we had a average O line, and not a horrible one?

If you don't want to talk about it, then don't come here and say silly things like Sanchez "beat the Bills".

Sanchez has had as much to do with beating the Bills as the equipment manager. Yeah, both have to show up or there's going to be problems, but neither is the reason that they won.

Allow me to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-iterate ... I didn't say Sanchez beat the Bills. I said he performed at his best against the Bills, and generally did very well against the BIlls.

Regardless, bring on the wildcat and let's get back into the playoffs. Go Bills!

Everyone is quick to slam Sanchez. He owns the Bills. Looks like Montana 2x per year.

He may own the Bills two times a year (most teams have "owned" the Bills for the last 12 years or so), but I have never, ever, seen him look close to Montana like.

I think that Sanchez is going to follow in the footsteps of disappointing players, who change places, and manage to carve a respectable, though unspectacular career for themselves. Kind of a Vinny Testeverde for the new millenium.

Edited by Buftex

He may own the Bills two times a year, but I have never, ever, seen him look close to Montana like.

Well they're both of Mexican descent. That's all I meant.