Sanchez throws three picks in OTA, Rex not happy

Rubes

Jets are (8-2) against Buffalo since Sanchez became the starter. The other win we have was an OT win in Sanchez's rookie year.

Fact is, Sanchez is better than every single QB we've had on our roster since Kelly left. Another fact is that Brady is better than ANY quarterback in Bills history.

Some people like to hate teams and players who are better than their favorites.

I just want the Bills to become a better team than our division rivals.

Really? That's ridiculous. Fitzpatrick is better than Sanchez for starters. Take a look at their stats over the past 3 years and compare. Fitz has a way better completion percentage, more yards, more TD's, zero butt fumbles.

http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanfitzpatrick/2506581/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/marksanchez/79858/profile

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone is quick to slam Sanchez. He owns the Bills. Looks like Montana 2x per year.

This, plus until last year when equal, the Jets have had a far better record of recent than the Bills.

I'm hopeful about Marrone and about Pettine, but the fact is, they have no track record in the NFL as the people responsible for a team's success or failure.

Fat Rex, on the other hand, does have a record of success and in particular, a record of Pwning the Bills.

I'll wait to laugh at them and predict "4 less wins than the Bills" when

1) I see the Bills field a better team than the Jets over time

2) I see the Bills field a better QB than Sanchez

3) I see the Bills rack up >4 wins

None of the above are gimmes based upon Marrone's lack of track record, the questions about Kolb, Tjax and their track record of INTs, and the questions about EJ's NFL-readiness, and what the Bills looked like last year.

Again, not trying to be a downer - I am hopeful about everything with the Bills this year - but, honestly folks, there are questions and "to be provens"

Meanwhile Sexy Rex has taken the Jets to the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years and they have had a top-10 defense in yards given up all 4 of those years. Where were we ranked?

Really? That's ridiculous. Fitzpatrick is better than Sanchez for starters. Take a look at their stats over the past 3 years and compare. Fitz has a way better completion percentage, more yards, more TD's, zero butt fumbles.

http://www.nfl.com/p...2506581/profile

http://www.nfl.com/p...z/79858/profile

But...but...but....Fitzpatrick is the worst QB in the league! I read it on TBD so it must be true! All Fitz' stats are padded by "garbage time" which is when those yards and completions and TDs occur.

So that can't be true. Stats are for losers.

That's weird.

It says right here that in the most recent NFL game either team played that Sanchez went 17-35 for 205 yards and 1 int in a 28-9 Jets loss to the Bills.

So he did. The Bills had something to prove - their last game for Gailey and with Fitz at the helm - and the Jets had clearly given up in that game.

Doesn't change the fact that the Jets are 6-2 over the Bills for the last 4 years, one of the losses was a squeaker Sanchez' rookie year, and in most of those games Sanchez has looked way better than he really is.

It's very common for a homer to limit his recollections to the worst performances by an opponent. Look up the splits for Sanchez vs. Buffalo and you will see that he does, indeed, have great numbers and the Jets have a lot of wins, to boot.

It's okay to admit he's better than Fitz and everyone else we've thrown out there.

Acceptance is the first step. And I am here for you.

According to some posters, we, as Bills fans, have to respect a hated rival!

Sanchez might have owned us, but ill be quick to point out that the Jets Defense combined with our ****ty team has helped Sanchez look like Montana.

I also realize that Brady is better than any QB we have ever had. BUT GUESS WHAT? Brady is better than what most teams have ever had! What a stupid comment that was.

NOW I DECLARE THIS: If you want to come on a Bills fan board and respect Gastroband Feet Luvin Ryan and give some luv to Dirty Sanchize then go join their messageboards. As for me, I wish nothing but great failure upon any team in the same division as my beloved Bills!

Squish the Fish

Hit Brady low and often

and lets enjoy Ryan lose his job after week 6!

Sanchez is like elephant sitting on the time bomb in the middle of the room. Everyone sees the elephant, the time bomb is going to go off, either way...but what do you do when you're in the room with a time bomb and an elephant?

Stick the time bomb up the elephant's ass.

Perhaps Sanchez wants to be cut ......

If healthy, ivory can be a beast in the backfield. Otherwise, agree.

Agreed...never understood why NO wouldn't feature a backfield of he and Sproles and stop futzing around with Ingram and Thomas

Everyone is quick to slam Sanchez. He owns the Bills. Looks like Montana 2x per year.

Hmmm...I've seen him play well against us, but I've also seen him at his most putrid against us.

That's weird.

It says right here that in the most recent NFL game either team played that Sanchez went 17-35 for 205 yards and 1 int in a 28-9 Jets loss to the Bills.

BTW, damn !@#$ right we slam Sanchez. We also slam Brady.

It's what every NFL fan does when it comes to the quarterback of a divisional rival.

This would be an example of his putrid-ness

Wonder if he is rethinking that tattoo on his arm...you know, the one with his wife wearing a Sanchez jersey. :lol:

You're implying that Rex thought about it in the first place

http://www.nfl.com/p...2506581/profile

http://www.nfl.com/p...z/79858/profile

Always brings a smile to my face

It's very common for a homer to limit his recollections to the worst performances by an opponent. Look up the splits for Sanchez vs. Buffalo and you will see that he does, indeed, have great numbers and the Jets have a lot of wins, to boot.

It's okay to admit he's better than Fitz and everyone else we've thrown out there.

Acceptance is the first step. And I am here for you.

Honestly, I think they both are below-average NFL QBs. Who's better? Not sure...Sanchez has won more games by a wide margin, but Fitz has been the better passer overall.

NOW I DECLARE THIS: If you want to come on a Bills fan board and respect Gastroband Feet Luvin Ryan and give some luv to Dirty Sanchize then go join their messageboards. As for me, I wish nothing but great failure upon any team in the same division as my beloved Bills!

Rex Ryan's style of coaching, along with Mark Sanchez under center, got the Jets to consecutive AFC Championships ... so yes, I do respect that.

There is a difference between acknolwedging that a team or a player or a coach is BETTER than the Bills' team, player(s) or coach(es) and "giving them some luv."

Ryan is better than EVERY coach since Marv except Wade Phillips.

Sanchez is better than EVERY quarterback since Kelly.

The Jets have been better TEAM than the Bills for over a decade.

That's not "giving some luv." That's pointing out the facts.

People need to realize that to slam players, teams and coaches that have been better than Buffalo since the last friggin millenium is nothing but hatred born of jealousy.

Respect those who are better and aspire to be better than them.

Or just say, "they suck," and pretend the Bills are better.

Meanwhile Sexy Rex has taken the Jets to the playoffs 2 of the last 4 years

Gotta run to work so I'll address this silliness later.

But in your attempts at being "objective" this sentence is particularly ridiculous.

More to the truth, the Jets have missed the playoffs the last two years.

Gotta run to work so I'll address this silliness later.

But in your attempts at being "objective" this sentence is particularly ridiculous.

More to the truth, the Jets have missed the playoffs the last two years.

A lot of teams have missed the playoffs the last two years. How many have missed the playoffs the last 12?

Sanchez didnt beat the Bills, hell for the last few years, he didnt even have to play. The Jets OL, RBs and D owned the bills. From what I have seen, if Sanchez has to play to win, he falters. Step 1, the Bills need to stop the run for the first time in a few years and force Sanchez to have to throw...

Rex Ryan's style of coaching, along with Mark Sanchez under center, got the Jets to consecutive AFC Championships ... so yes, I do respect that.

There is a difference between acknolwedging that a team or a player or a coach is BETTER than the Bills' team, player(s) or coach(es) and "giving them some luv."

Ryan is better than EVERY coach since Marv except Wade Phillips.

Sanchez is better than EVERY quarterback since Kelly.

The Jets have been better TEAM than the Bills for over a decade.

That's not "giving some luv." That's pointing out the facts.

People need to realize that to slam players, teams and coaches that have been better than Buffalo since the last friggin millenium is nothing but hatred born of jealousy.

Respect those who are better and aspire to be better than them.

Or just say, "they suck," and pretend the Bills are better.

You've really gone overboard in this thread. I believe the general consensus around the league (from experts, not Bills fans) is that Sanchez was able to successfully "manage" the team in his first two seasons while the Jets rode a fearsome defense and strong running game to the AFC Championship game.

The last two seasons Sanchez has been a disaster. To make a definitive statement he is better than any Bills QB since Kelly is really quite insane. I believe most experts would take Flutie, Bledsoe, and Fitzpatrick in a heartbeat. Yes, I said Fitz. With a championship defense and strong running game Fitz would easily put up better numbers than Sanchez has done. Bledsoe is not HOF quality, but definitely just a notch below. Flutie was ten times the QB Sanchez has been.

I understand your general point about Bills fans wanting to believe their players are better than everyone else, but you went too far.

You've really gone overboard in this thread. I believe the general consensus around the league (from experts, not Bills fans) is that Sanchez was able to successfully "manage" the team in his first two seasons while the Jets rode a fearsome defense and strong running game to the AFC Championship game.

The last two seasons Sanchez has been a disaster. To make a definitive statement he is better than any Bills QB since Kelly is really quite insane. I believe most experts would take Flutie, Bledsoe, and Fitzpatrick in a heartbeat. Yes, I said Fitz. With a championship defense and strong running game Fitz would easily put up better numbers than Sanchez has done. Bledsoe is not HOF quality, but definitely just a notch below. Flutie was ten times the QB Sanchez has been.

I understand your general point about Bills fans wanting to believe their players are better than everyone else, but you went too far.

:worthy::thumbsup:

Flutie was (maybe) better than Tim Tebow. Other than that, he is the armpit of NFL QBs and certainly not better than Sanchez. Flutie sucked in every way imaginable. By the time Bledsoe got to Buffalo, he was a has-been and is not even close to a HOF discussion.

My original point was that Sanchez has great historical numbers in games against the Bills. And that is the truth.

Flutie was (maybe) better than Tim Tebow. Other than that, he is the armpit of NFL QBs and certainly not better than Sanchez. Flutie sucked in every way imaginable. By the time Bledsoe got to Buffalo, he was a has-been and is not even close to a HOF discussion.

My original point was that Sanchez has great historical numbers in games against the Bills. And that is the truth.

Credibility. Lost. I'm out.

If you look st Bledsoe's stats, you'll see he was about the same in Buffalo as everywhere else he played. The main difference that jumps out is that he took more sacks than usual. I don't think Bledsoe was ever very good. I agree he was certainly nowhere near HOF material IMO.

If the Jets had Fitz, Bledsoe, or Flutie on those teams Sanchez had his 1st 2 years, they might win the SB. Sanchez is freaking awful. The Jets win despite him. His first 2 years, he had maybe the best oline, a top 5 running game, arguably a top 5 receiving core, a top 5 defense, and a top 5 STs. And even though he is a loudmouth douche, Rex Ryan is a great defensive coach.

Seriously, for guys who have started 3 years in the NFL, Sanchez is in the short group of worst QBs. The Bills' terribleness have nothing to do with that. Sanchez is JP Losman on a better team in a giant market.