Bills over/under win total

According to Bovada Las Vegas the over/under win total for the Buffalo Bills is 6 1/2. Right about where I thought it would be and a difficult bet. Let's take off the homer glasses and have some good debate on over or under that number. I say that the beat (jets, dolphins, jags, panthers, a game that they shouldn't win, KC and Cincy)...I guess that I am taking 7-9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a tough prop at 6.5 and of that there is no question. Here's my two cents:

In the division, it's going to be hard to beat the Patriots. BUT (and this is a big one) if the week 17 game does not affect their playoff position, BB's been known to sit his starters after a series. There, I might suggest a conditional split, otherwise a Pats sweep. The Dolphins lost their most prolific offensive weapon in Reggie Bush. I could see the Bills sweep them. The week 16 game at home should be a whipping as Miami is awful in cold weather. While the Jets are in shambles, they always play us tough. That's even with Sanchez at the helm. If it's Smith, he'll be playing for the draft snub. Call that a split. In regards to the rest, Carolina is a tough call. They played horribly at the beginning of the season, but excellent at the end last year. Bills generally have been better at home and starting with two there, I don't see them losing back to back. I'll take road wins at Cleveland and Jacksonville and home wins versus Cincy and KC. That could be 8 or 9 wins for the season. That would not hurt my feelings at all.

According to Bovada Las Vegas the over/under win total for the Buffalo Bills is 6 1/2. Right about where I thought it would be and a difficult bet. Let's take off the homer glasses and have some good debate on over or under that number. I say that the beat (jets, dolphins, jags, panthers, a game that they shouldn't win, KC and Cincy)...I guess that I am taking 7-9

that's the perfect line for them.

improved attacking defense.

improved QB play especially on long throws and mobility ( i'm assuming EJ Manuel will be starting)

much harder schedule.

equals 6-10

At first I thought this number was too low as the team has clearly improved from last year but looking at this year's schedule 6.5 seems to be about right. Let's say they go 3-3 in the division (which I think is pretty realistic) they need to beat 4 of the following 10 teams to get to 7 wins: Carolina, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, New Orleans, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. Totally doable so I'm still taking the over but it will be tough seeing as the Jags game is the only easy win out of those.

Another thread was throwing around a number of 4.5 which seemed low to me.

This number seems much more realistic.

Still far to many unknowns to make any kind of an educated guess at this point. Including but not limited to:

- How much of the Jets D was due to Pettine and how much was Sexy Rexy.

- Who will be the starting QB. If EJ, how quick will he adjust to the NFL.

- How well will Marrone's offense, which quite frankly did not set the world on fire at Syracuse, translate to the NFL.

Anyone taking that bet now is either a gambler in every sense of the word, or is suffering from a kool-aid or negative-nancy overdose.

Edited by CodeMonkey

i;m going to say that the team will show flashes but also take their lumps. growing pains at times are going to be incredibly painful. but, i believe in this coaching staff and the direction they are trying to go, and i think there is definate talent on this team. worst case scenerio- 5 wins and a lot of pain. best case-9 wins, significant growth and a feeling of good things to come. homer goggles-11 wins, dominate the division, and show brady and belichick there's a new sheriff in town. and of course i am wearing my goggles!

6.5 is really the right number. This is the kin of number that you stay away from. This team should be right around this number I think. I believe that the defense will be really improved as I think Wanny was the worst ever. I like the new weapons on offense but it will take some time to come together. The schedule is a little tougher and they will need to learn to win.

It is a tough prop at 6.5 and of that there is no question. Here's my two cents:

In the division, it's going to be hard to beat the Patriots. BUT (and this is a big one) if the week 17 game does not affect their playoff position, BB's been known to sit his starters after a series. There, I might suggest a conditional split, otherwise a Pats sweep. The Dolphins lost their most prolific offensive weapon in Reggie Bush. I could see the Bills sweep them. The week 16 game at home should be a whipping as Miami is awful in cold weather. While the Jets are in shambles, they always play us tough. That's even with Sanchez at the helm. If it's Smith, he'll be playing for the draft snub. Call that a split. In regards to the rest, Carolina is a tough call. They played horribly at the beginning of the season, but excellent at the end last year. Bills generally have been better at home and starting with two there, I don't see them losing back to back. I'll take road wins at Cleveland and Jacksonville and home wins versus Cincy and KC. That could be 8 or 9 wins for the season. That would not hurt my feelings at all.

I need to know, why do fans think we will sweep the Phins every year? We have split or been swept for the last 5 years. Every year I see someone say, "This team can sweep the Dolphins, we can scrape out 8 wins and make the playoffs" Uh what?

6.5 seems fair enough.

The Bills have to be one of the most difficult teams to project this year. New HC, DC and OC. New offensive and defensive schemes. 30+ new players (as of right now). Not sure who the QB will be opening day but it's definitely not last year's QB. A serious, realistic bettor might have to play the under.

As a fan, though, I find reasons to hope for better. BBF's time-warp prediction of 11-3 sounds good to me.

I'm taking the under, predicting 5 wins. While I like the direction we're going, the Bills are asking for strong contributions from rookie and second year WRs. There's a learning curve in the league, and most WRs don't come into the league ahead of that curve. You're also asking for a rookie QB to make reads. While the system may be "more simple" than his college program, he'll have to make the decisions much faster due to the increased speed of the game. Throw in the shuffle of OLineman, and I see a lot of scrambling in EJs future. I'm more optimistic about the defense's chance of stepping up, but are we really ready to call the Bills contenders at this point?

I need to know, why do fans think we will sweep the Phins every year? We have split or been swept for the last 5 years. Every year I see someone say, "This team can sweep the Dolphins, we can scrape out 8 wins and make the playoffs" Uh what?

Did you even read my post. They lost their biggest offensive weapon in the offseason. Most important player for them. :wallbash:

I fear that we're going to be like Carolina was last year. Horrible at the beginning of the year (or at least losing games). We'll lose enough games early to be out of it and then go on a 4-5 game "promising for next year" run at the end of the season- led by EJ. Just enough to have us drafting outside of the top 10. 6-7 wins would be my prediction and I wouldn't touch this bet with a 10 foot pole.