Possible changes coming to Pro Bowl

To show just how hopeless the situation is, Florio at PFT suggests they increase the prize money to get the players to play hard.

Currently winners get $50K and losers get $25K.

Why the !@#$ would any fan want a player from their favorite team to play hard in the Pro Bowl?

While some make the argument that "playing to not get injured" might increase the risk of injury, I can assure you that playing to win will not make the game any safer.

For most players that single game is about 1% of their playing career. Why risk the injury? Why rack up the mileage?

Why play to win?

Get rid of the stupid game already. These guys have enough health and injury issues.

That's like rewarding a very productive coal miner with the prize of being able to go and mine some more coal.

It's nonsensical.

16 weeks of games for each nfl team, 16 teams per conference.

16 weeks of monday night football (weeks 1 through 16, all week 17 games are played on sunday.)

every monday night football game should be an interconference match (buffalo v. carolina, new england v. tampa bay, etc.)

the conference that wins the probowl should host all of those monday night games.

so if the afc wins the probowl, you know, no matter what, next season, the bills will be hosting a prime time game against an NFC team.

as an aside, i've always said that monday night football games should be afc v nfc only---because true fans (not fantasy football players) will always have a rooting interest, in seeing the team from their conference LOSE.

Maybe I'm the only one but I liked the pro bowl just the way it was. The badness of the football was actually helpful in terms of weaning you off the game before the long offseason. Checking in to see one or two bills helmets on the field was all I needed. With free agency and the draft there is plenty of interesting material to talk about. The network airing the game could make it into a free agency/draft show with the game as a backdrop.

I love the idea of the skills competition, that's all I used to watch anyway...

This in a nutshell. Why play a game where the players don't really push themselves all that much; the coaches aren't even allowed to use a full playbook (blitzing prohibited); and the game really means nothing measurably. Winners get $50K and losers get $25K. Peanuts.