Super Bowl L & LI sites chosen Tuesday (update: San Fran, Houston)

http://espn.go.com/n...-picked-tuesday

BOSTON -- Where the Super Bowl will celebrate a half-century of existence will be decided this week by NFL owners. They have two choices for the 50th anniversary game in 2016: the San Francisco Bay Area and South Florida.

The loser in the 2016 bidding will face Houston for the 2017 Super Bowl. Houston hosted the 2004 game.

and houston beats miami out for LI (2017)

i know new orleans is making a big push for 2018, id assume miami will try to circle back around for an attempt, and unless someone gets a new stadium or NY goes GREAT, or they do something crazy like london.... that New Orleans will likely be the front runner for 2018 with several municipal projects underway already for a proposal (redoing the airport, and river front, and im betting the major stadium renovations will be announced by the time a formal proposal is drafted)

It's really a shame the Super Bowl is losing importance in our culture. I mean, only ten years ago we were looking forward to an XL Super Bowl, and now what have we got...

In another few years, who will want to watch Super Bowl M? Sad.

Edited by eball

and houston beats miami out for LI (2017)

i know new orleans is making a big push for 2018, id assume miami will try to circle back around for an attempt, and unless someone gets a new stadium or NY goes GREAT, or they do something crazy like london.... that New Orleans will likely be the front runner for 2018 with several municipal projects underway already for a proposal (redoing the airport, and river front, and im betting the major stadium renovations will be announced by the time a formal proposal is drafted)

It is amazing how things get done in other cities unlike BFLO. Oh wait, those other cities actually PRODUCE something or are a gateway to somewhere. Sad about BFLO. Mother inlaw always sends us articles about things that they are cooking up in BFLO. The recent one was on how "they" plan to light up the old grain elevators... OMG... Light it up and they will come!... Huh? I didn't want to sound like a smart ass but, I felt like saying: "We have old grain elevators in Chicago. You know what they are used for or done with? To store grain!" My God is BFLO really a hard luck story so much that what built it and what it produced @ one time is and never will be a factor again! Gotta be one of the few cities that has to have dealt with total destruction of its core reason for even existing! Sad... Sorry for the mini-rant.

I would love to see Miami call the NFL's bluff and not give a cent to the dolphins for a new stadium. The NFL has had 10 Super Bowls there. When Miami gets a new privately funded stadium the NFL isn't going to award them with the big game?

Stadiums are a huge waste of taxpayers money.

As a natural born Bills fan who grew up in San Francisco, it is a shame that SF let the team get away to San Jose (Santa Clara is as N Tonawanda is to Buffalo)...but then again, there are hardly any San Franciscans left in San Francisco. Chased out by dot com money.

As a natural born Bills fan who grew up in San Francisco, it is a shame that SF let the team get away to San Jose (Santa Clara is as N Tonawanda is to Buffalo)...but then again, there are hardly any San Franciscans left in San Francisco. Chased out by dot com money.

Santa Clara is to San Francisco what Orchard Park is to Buffalo.

My comapny's HQ is in the parking lot of that new stadium. The Bills should be in Super Bowl L so I may have to stay with this outfit a few more years.

Santa Clara is to San Francisco what Orchard Park is to Buffalo.

My comapny's HQ is in the parking lot of that new stadium. The Bills should be in Super Bowl L so I may have to stay with this outfit a few more years.

YESSSS! That would be sweet to ruin the NFL's Super Bowl 50 parade. The Bills in that Super Bowl would do just that.

Not to quibble, but Santa Clara is 40 minutes away from SF with ZERO traffic, as opposed to Orchard Park being maybe 20 minutes from Buffalo.

That being said, WSS, here's hoping you can walk across the parking lot to the Bill's Super Bowl!

I was unclear, it should have read: (Santa Clara is to San Jose as N Tonawanda is to Buffalo)

Now with some of these sites that they're choosing and with the success of certain teams... How soon do you think it's going to take for there to be a true home team in the Super Bowl?

Just imagine that kind of advantage in the biggest game of the year

Edited by TX BillsFan

Personally, I think it's a shame that cold weather stadiums don't get any real consideration for the biggest game of the year. IMO, it should be randomly determined with the random winner removed from the next year's pool. That's it. Having 10 Superbowls in Miami is pretty stupid.

Personally, I think it's a shame that cold weather stadiums don't get any real consideration for the biggest game of the year. IMO, it should be randomly determined with the random winner removed from the next year's pool. That's it. Having 10 Superbowls in Miami is pretty stupid.

Tell that to any of the people attending the SB in any warm weather city, and see what they think.

Edited by LabattBlue