CJ was on NFL Live today

Pretty quick interview. thanks to Mrags for the summary:

2nd in yards per carry behind AP. yeah baby.

-Marrone is a great coach, down to earth, straight shooter.

-teams will be ready for him this year. Been in training since April working hard to get better.

What has Marrone told him about splitting carries?

-he and Fred both know its about winning. Marrone hasn't said anything yet about carries.

Impressions of EJ?

-great guy, works hard, getting better every day. Once he has play book down he will have phenomenal career.

What advice to EJ about snow in Buffalo?

-hasn't told him anything yet, he's sure he already knows.

-wind picks up in stadium, will be different from FL.

How to get to playoffs?

-forget the past and focus on future. Lots of hard work, anything can happen.

Twitter questions:

What RB did you idolize?

-Warrick Dunn, the reason he wears 28

Edited by kdiggz

-teams will be ready for him this year. Been in training since April working hard to get better.

-he and Fred both know its about winning. Marrone hasn't said anything yet about carries.

Impressions of EJ?

-great guy, works hard, getting better every day. Once he has play book down he will have phenomenal career.

How to get to playoffs?

Twitter questions:

What RB did you idolize?

Impressions of EJ?

How to get to playoffs?

Twitter questions:

What RB did you idolize?

Thanks for the update - any other hints as to how much he will unleash the beast this year?!?

#SpillerHighLife #SpillerTime

Warrick Dunn is about the classiest player in NFL history...glad to know CJ wants to emulate him.

Warrick Dunn is about the classiest player in NFL history...glad to know CJ wants to emulate him.

Listened to him this morning on local radio here in Atlanta.

He just finished getting his MBA from Emory University. A very prestigious school. Dunn is a very good humble guy.

Listened to him this morning on local radio here in Atlanta.

He just finished getting his MBA from Emory University. A very prestigious school. Dunn is a very good humble guy.

I guess that's one more reason to like him since Im an Emory grad, as well...kudos to him! I remember hearing about his mom being killed and how it affected him. He used it as the inspiration to create a program where they build houses for the needy, IIRC. Just a great guy all-around....and wasn't a bad football player, either.

Absolutely. And as a football player, Dunn was smaller than CJ but he had tons of touches in his NFL career AND had a long career.

I personally don't believe we should burden CJ with more than 15-17 touches per game which is what Warrick Dunn did. He is the ONE smaller finesse back who stood up to a fairly heavy workload.

Dunn was 5'9" 190 pounds and played 12 seasons. He played in 181 games and had 3199 total touches which averages to 17.6 touches per game.

He'll get winded.

:lol:

I think the interview winded him #ITSFREDSTURN

That would be funny if midway through CJs interview he left and Freddy jumped in.

Absolutely. And as a football player, Dunn was smaller than CJ but he had tons of touches in his NFL career AND had a long career.

I personally don't believe we should burden CJ with more than 15-17 touches per game which is what Warrick Dunn did. He is the ONE smaller finesse back who stood up to a fairly heavy workload.

Dunn was 5'9" 190 pounds and played 12 seasons. He played in 181 games and had 3199 total touches which averages to 17.6 touches per game.

I still remember back in the year he was drafted, I was REALLY wanting us to draft Antowain Smith...so when Tampa Bay took Dunn a few picks earlier, I was glad about that. Antowain was a decent RB, but would have been so cool to have drafted Dunn instead. As you pointed out, he was just a little guy..I really never would have guessed that he would have been as durable and productive as he was. He and Alstott were a pretty nice tandem for TB

Do you want to have him get into his doghouse?

It's a somewhat inside joke...in another thread it was being discussed how CJ always praised Gailey despite the fact many feel CJ was under-utilized. I think it's just the guy's nature to be respectful of his coaches -- and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's a somewhat inside joke...in another thread it was being discussed how CJ always praised Gailey despite the fact many feel CJ was under-utilized. I think it's just the guy's nature to be respectful of his coaches -- and there's nothing wrong with that.

+1. I love CJ and his commitment to this team. I just hope this guys goes on to having a phenomenal year this season.

The NFL channel listed the top 5 RBs last night and CJ wasn't even mentioned. I hope he takes the number 1 spot this year.

I think Peterson, Gore, Foster and Alfred Morris had more production than CJ last year (Irrespective of the fact that CJ was not given the ball enough). CJ also did not have enough TDs (again Gailey preferred to give the ball to Choice or Jackson inside the red zone) for the season. Hoping CJ has a monster season this year to finally shut up all the naysayers