Evans or Moulds

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked both Eric Moulds and Lee Evans. I strongly believe Evans was under valued by many Bills fans.

However, Moulds was definitely a better all around receiver. Not even close.

I agree. Moulds was definitely the better receiver but Evans was a solid contributor during our worst quarterbacking years. He wasn't the best starting receiver but he was a really good second.

Well, you can go ahead and crunch the numbers if you like. But your claim above is categorically false. We did not throw the ball just as many times then as we do now--particularly when you look at passes as percentage of plays. But whatever.

WTF are you talking about? Just look at the number of pass attempts. Not really a difficult concept to grasp.

Stevie is the only receiver in bills history with back to back 1000yd seasons. So saying moulds was close to 5 consecutive 1000 yd seasons is false.

Edited by RalphOP83

Lee Evans, Buffalo stats: 109 games, 377 receptions, 5,934 yards, 43 TDs.

Eric Moulds, Buffalo stats: 154 games, 675 receptions, 9,096 yards, 49 TDs.

One of the most important stats not listed...for the last few years of his career Eric Moulds was the last player playing in the NFL that caught a TD pass from JK.

Moulds was far more dominant. Evans TD rate was much higher though so maybe the gap between the two is not as great as we all think. And I would argue his QB's were far worse than Moulds.