Mario Williams: no love for

From the article I linked and quoted, way back early in this thread:

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=9091798

"Court records say the "defendant never intended to marry plaintiff and used the relationship as a means to get to plaintiff's money and acquire gifts."

Williams also alleges he purchased more than $230,000 in luxury items for his former fiancée and also gave her a credit card where he claims she charged more than $108,000 in less than a year."

If the underlined part doesn't define her as a "gold-digger" I may be unclear of the concept. Of course, as you point out, that is just Mario's side of the story.

Either way, as a few have pointed out, it really isn't a lot of our business...

If she left with my million dollar ring I might say the same. I'd guess her upcoming filings might dispute that.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless it's a girl you've known since high school or you have a pre-nup, why get married if you are a millionaire? Love, I guess? If I was in their positions, I'd just go the Jeter route and maybe get one past the goalie to let my name live in.

This +1

Hope some of you don't take this the wrong way but if she was Black that ring would have been long gone by now lol. This coming from a brother...

Seriously tho, she made him look stupid, she got what she wanted out of that relationship...money.

I hope she was the bomb in the bedroom..... Mario could have done better, shes cute but I saw some hotties today walking down the street that look way better, just saying.

many here who are obviously jealous of mario and his ability to buy such an expensive ring. is it any less ridiculous for someone making 20 k a year to buy a 5 thousand dollar ring? people are so easily jealous.

the woman should absolutely give the ring back. my girlfriend just told me that SHE thinks the woman should give the ring back. this is absolutely ridiculous. regardless of what happened, if the woman has any respect for herself, she will give the ring back. it's a promise to marry and they aren't getting married. looks like mario got out in time...

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Depends on the state and how they rule. Looks like in Montana, the ring giver is most likely SoL. Now, Texas and New York are conditional states. I am kinda betting that he gets it back. Anyway, what is wrong w/this woman... If it is an engagement ring, it is conditional... IMO. Give it back. Now, the other stuff... He is SoL IMO...

Man you people have no idea what he is going through. give the guy a break. it was the woman he loved and wanted to spend the rest of his life with. of course it affected his play, something like that takes control over your entire life. superstar or not hes a human being just like you and I that has a job, like you and I. Its not easy. the guy devotes how many hours to his job a week then comes home and devotes how many hours to his fiance? Its not an emotionless life decision. I understand he is probably still angry and its not about the money its about the principle.

"Williams thought it a good idea to pony up more than three-quarters of a million dollars on a single ring for a girl he thought he might marry."

This sums it up well. There is no sympathy available for anyone in this silly story. Bunch of chuckle heads.

Or maybe she just felt she could not compete with all the hot wing-fed Buffalo women ;)

Not to mention all the Canadian chicks on Chippewa.

Hopefully it will make him play angry.

:lol:

Looks like ole Mario got screwed, twice, maybe!!

For that amount of money I hope he got screwed more than that.

Have to say I'm surprised somewhat. Mario gave the impression he's smarter than this and more responsible.

I guess not..

On the other hand he didn't get her pregnant as far as we know so on the grand scale….

Except a 2m house in Buffalo could be 10m in a big city. ;)

My mother had an awesome house on Bryant St and Elmwood that we sold for $110,000 or something a few years ago. That house in a similarly attractive funky neighborhood in LA would have been about 3 million. ;)

I sold my house on Bryant Street in 2002 for $111,000 but the taxes on it were more than the taxes on my San Jose house which cost about 5 times as much.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

On the other hand he didn't get her pregnant as far as we know so on the grand scale….

in the grand scheme he came out millions ahead of what some of these guys drop on one night stands.

I feel sad that they broke up. So much of those magical hours of when we landed Mario revolved around the fiancée. The next time I hit F5 I will think of her.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, I see you've changed your username.

Does this mean that you just moved from Pittsburgh?

:)

I am more worried about his commute for the upcoming season. It says that he bought a 2 million dollar house in Aurora? Huh? Should that read EAST Aurora. Isn't Aurora, New York on Cayuga Lake? That is one hell of a commute, especially when the snow flies in November... ;-) ;-)

Actually East Aurora is a village in the Town of Aurora, New York.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora,_Erie_County,_New_York

"Williams thought it a good idea to pony up more than three-quarters of a million dollars on a single ring for a girl he thought he might marry."

This sums it up well. There is no sympathy available for anyone in this silly story. Bunch of chuckle heads.

Its all relative. Mario will make $100 MM over a few years time. that is about 1% of what I hope to make. While I realize $750K is a lot of money in an absolute sense, in a relative way it is like me buying a $6000 ring for the one I love and hope will be my partner for life. To a homeless man, this amount will look like the reason rich people stink.

Also, we don't know the dynamics of his relationship with her. She may very well have been pulling the "don't you love me enough to buy me that ring ?" crap on him.

Plenty of things we don't and will never understand. But in TX, if you can sue to get it back, I fully support Mario. Also, if this relationship and his wrist (maybe a related injury -_- ) were distracting him last season, I have high hopes for a focussed Mario coming and dominating from this point forward.

EDIT: Also, these incidents serve to remind us that all these guys are humans with real issues and problems. Not some robots entering the ring solely to entertain us.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Its all relative. Mario will make $100 MM over a few years time. that is about 1% of what I hope to make.

Wow! My math is weak when the numbers are this big, but does that mean you hope to make 100 billion dollars?! Good for you. Will you buy the Bills?

Wow! My math is weak when the numbers are this big, but does that mean you hope to make 100 billion dollars?! Good for you. Will you buy the Bills?

Not sure, but sound like he hopes to make at least $10 billion. Then again, the extra M might mean $100 trillion, so that might mean he hopes to make $10 quadrillion. He could pay off the national debt like it was a cheeseburger.