Opinions needed - company relaxed dress code somewhat

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot go without socks, but I do wear rigs like this when wearing loafers or any shoe where I want the no sock look, which is quite often in the summer.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B003YDI9QC

If I went no sock, would have to throw the damn shoes out after 1 use!

Hey! My grandmother wears those!! You're in good company brah!

Generally, your socks should match your pants. I was told, when wearing jeans, your socks should match your shoes. So, white socks with sneakers, brown socks with brown shoes, and black socks with black shoes.

This was just confirmed by a gay man that I work with, so it must be true.

/thread

Do you wear those with pumps AND high heels?

Only with flats silly!

I know they look girly, but damn are they useful. My dogs uncovered in a shoe not a good thing , these save me boatloads of money and make the day more comfortable.

Edited by plenzmd1

Generally, your socks should match your pants. I was told, when wearing jeans, your socks should match your shoes. So, white socks with sneakers, brown socks with brown shoes, and black socks with black shoes.

This was just confirmed by a gay man that I work with, so it must be true. Gay people are very fashionable...they have been that way ever since they came over here from France (Joking...Family Guy Quote) :D

Alaskan Gays dont count for fashion

dondan1.jpg

If you're over 21 years old, you shouldn't wear sneakers unless you're working out anyway. Buy pairs of brown and black shoes and alternate so that they have time to air out between wearings. Keep them polished and looking nice.

Get a pair of cowboy boots. They are not only comfortable but they are also trendy. A good pair of Ariats will set you back $120 though...

Phh. Laredo. I had a pair of boa-skin boots that lasted 15 years...long enough that I bought another pair.

Phh. Laredo. I had a pair of boa-skin boots that lasted 15 years...long enough that I bought another pair.

I had a pair made out of manatee. They were a little clumsy at first, but after I beat them up a bit, they were very comfortable.

You know I don't know if I'm getting old but sneakers just don't look right with jeans anymore.

I tend to agree but it depends on the style of sneaker. If we're talking full out hi-top bball sneaks of course. However there are a lot of more "casual" styled sneakers that go perfectly fine with jeans. I usually pair my jeans with a non sneaker type shoe but I do have a pair of black rockports, a pair of grey polo, and a couple pairs of Nike casual sneaks that can go well with jeans without looking too cheesy. Luckily my wife is pretty into fashion and I run a lot of stuff by her to make sure I don't look like an ass. She's actually turned me into a complete jean snob after I used to make fun of her for it.

Two days in those and you'll be begging for a pair of manatee boots.

Mark my words.

Considering I sit at a desk for 7:45 of the 8 hours I'm at work I wanted something that was easy on/off.