We should have taken Nassib in the 4th

Exactly. We can do no right. No one can do any right when it comes to the most negative poster on TSW. I actually find comedic humor in his posts nowadays. When I see that he makes a post, before I read it, I try and predict what negative nonsense he's going to spew. Sometimes it's nonsense. Sometimes it's not. But it's alway negative. Don't let him get under your skin. Just laugh. That's what I do.

What was negative about it? I'm just responding to the OP, who made an intersting thread.

Put some thought (your own) into your answer.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus talk about awkward, I'm glad they didn't pick Nassib in the fourth.

In addition to the potential for wierdness in the air in the lockerroom, it would likely forever have been viewed as akin to a pity f###.

Someone needs to explain to me why we had safety Duke Williams rated as a better move for this organization than to take Nassib in the 4th round. THE FOURTH ROUND !

Look what happened to the Seahawks last year, they took a QB in the third round (and got blasted for it by the Kipers of the world) even though they had their QB situation shored up. They open the competition in training camp and find that their third round draft pick Russel Wilson is quickly grasping the NFL game and it changes their entire team to a serious playoff contender.

Forget all the "well we coached him at SU so he's a good fit" crap, I don't care if he played for Kutztown State--in a time when all we talk about is getting a good quarterback for this team, here's a guy that was VERY highly rated by some experienced NFL men sitting there in the fourth freaking round and we decide to take a safety that won't even see the field this year.

The right call was to take Nassib, release Tarvaris Jackson, and go into training camp with Kolb, Manuel and Nassib. May the best man win.

This league is about maximizing your chances to get a franchise quarterback. It's that simple.

If you think I'm wrong, send me Duke Williams stats in three years and I'll admit it.

Dude I am with you 100%! I was thinking the same thing watching the draft. Thats why we are where we are. Why put all your eggs in one basket? Zero room for error.

Dude I am with you 100%! I was thinking the same thing watching the draft. Thats why we are where we are. Why put all your eggs in one basket? Zero room for error.

Neither you nor the OP understand the dynamics of a scenario that would have brought Nassib to the team with EJ3, Marrone, and Hackett also here.Would not have been a good situation for either QB's development.

Nightmare scenario full of distractions and controversy. So happy the mess was avoided.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

They should have used all their picks on QBs. The only way to be sure.

Your lack of wit shouldn't preclude you from contributing to the discussion in an intelligent way, doc.

Or was "it's only been done before by the Skins" the alpha and omega of your thoughts on this?

Can we send you Nassib's stats(That probably won't exist) as well? BTW, you don't do that to EJ Manuel. You don't draft the coach and OC's former college QB. They know Nassib better than anybody in the world and didn't think he was the right fit here. That would simply make the entire situation very, very uncomfortable. Horrid idea. Draft a different QB, not Nassib.

Ok so you don't want the best three competing for the QB job then because it might make your 1st round pick feel undue pressure. (you know, the first QB picked coming into a program that hasn't seen the playoffs since he was 9 years old)

Like I said, without a franchise QB you are nothing in this league. Maximize your chances to find one at all costs. If Manuel is the guy then he has nothing to worry about, if he isn't then I'd rather try another rookie in a few years instead of Kolb or TJackson.

IMO, the people that feel we should've drafted a QB over Williams, have no clue who duke Williams is and how good he is. I believe we got out starting SS (with the ability to guard WRs) for the next several years. He's fast, violent and intense. Brings some nastiness to our D. If we were talking about drafting a QB over Meeks....well, that's a different story. Duke Williams is a beast and you'll soon love the fact that we chose him over a QB controversy.

I hope so. Maybe Duke beats the odds and becomes a solid NFL pro. His highlights look great.

If Manuel is everything we hope he is, then it was right to pass on Nassib. The odds of quarterbacks with raw talent and "huge upside" becoming solid NFL players are stacked against us. Historically it"s never happened once that I can recall.

I was wondering when the Nassib lovers would start expressing their hurt over our Nassibless draft.

Ok I'm over posting but I don't care about Nassib as an individual.

I care that there was a QB on the third day of the draft still on the board that Gruden and some other experienced football minds felt was the BEST qb in the draft, and we passed. Barkley would have been fine with me too, whichever the team had rated higher.

Only time will tell. This conversation is all based on how well the individuals play in the future. Like most of my posts, I hope I'm wrong.

What was negative about it? I'm just responding to the OP, who made an intersting thread.

Put some thought (your own) into your answer.

I've been reading every thread on theses forums since 2002. I've found that you are one of the most negative posters on the board. Not much more it than that. I was just making a comment about your posting habits. Pretty simple.

Regarding the topic of this thread. You stated that nassib and Barkley were essentially available for free. I disagree. Duke Williams, IMO, will be our starting strong safety for at least a few years. I think he's a really good football player that will help our defense immensely. It wouldn't have been essentially free. It would have cost us a guy that may very well be a big contributor to our team.

Pretending to miss the point again. Anyway, it's an interesting idea and the only argument against it is that the Skins ("ha ha", or something) did it.

And if you step closer to the screen, you will see that what I am saying is that EJ can't be so soft that he would wilt in the face of a rookie QB competition. In other words, not soft.

Your lack of wit shouldn't preclude you from contributing to the discussion in an intelligent way, doc.

Or was "it's only been done before by the Skins" the alpha and omega of your thoughts on this?

You only find it interesting because you amuse easily. Funny how on the Nassib thread you were trashing now, yet now it might have been good to take him in the 4th? You see, teams don't take guys to be their franchise QB's in the 4th round. It's basically grasping at straws. Hence I said "They should have used all their picks on QBs. The only way to be sure." I'm not sure what's so hard to figure out about this.

And yes, one team having selected a 1st round QB and then a later-round QB twice in the history of NFL drafts doesn't make me think it's a smart practice. You do it if you think that your 1st round QB has a high chance of being a bust, like Shuler was, and RGIII possibly might be due to injury.

So in summary, the arguments against taking Nassib in the 4th after they took Manuel in the 1st are that it's not good practice that hasn't been practiced much and by more than 1 team, is a longshot at best to succeed, and because Nassib probably isn't that good.

I was all for taking Nassib in the 4th but is there really a difference between him and TJax? No other team took Nassib as a potential starter so no reason to think the Bills thought of him as one either

I think you are wrong about Duke Williams not seeing the field considering how many DBs play these days snd that he is a SS where there isnt a clear starter on the roster right now. Duke was rated higher but went in the 4th due to issues he had when he was a freshman. I also think he ends up starting before the end of the season

Taking Meeks in the 5th is another story

Edited by Max997

I care that there was a QB on the third day of the draft still on the board that Gruden and some other experienced football minds felt was the BEST qb in the draft, and we passed.

As opposed to the experienced football mind who coached him for the last several years who obviously felt differently? You don't think that if the the Bills thought he was the best QB available that they wouldn't have jumped at the chance to get him, especially given his ties to the staff? Regardless of the obvious personal bond that Marrone has with Nassib, the fact that the team Marrone now coaches didn't draft him should speak volumes.

Regarding Gruden, has there been a QB that he's interacted with in his current media capacity that he hasn't raved about? He's wrong a ton. Just ask Blaine Gabbert.

Ok I'm over posting but I don't care about Nassib as an individual.

I care that there was a QB on the third day of the draft still on the board that Gruden and some other experienced football minds felt was the BEST qb in the draft, and we passed. Barkley would have been fine with me too, whichever the team had rated higher.

Only time will tell. This conversation is all based on how well the individuals play in the future. Like most of my posts, I hope I'm wrong.

John Gruden is one the most overhyped frauds around IMO. WGAS what he thinks? There's a reason he's the head of the FFCA.