Sanders or Hairston at LG?

I believe it was Colin Brown and Sam Young

This is correct and has already been addressed in the other Zebrie Sanders to guard thread.

The Bills said last week that Sanders was a tackle and that Young and Brown were inside players.

We knew this about Brown already as he has played significant snaps at center for the Bills.

The revelation was that Sam Young was moving inside.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157329-zebrie-sanders-at-guard/

I think Sanders, Pears and Hairston battle for RT and Young and Brown battle for LG...Young will probably win the LG...as for the three battling for RT I couldn't say...Pears has exp while Hairston and Sanders have potential

Edited by Tsaikotic

This is correct and has already been addressed in the other Zebrie Sanders to guard thread.

The Bills said last week that Sanders was a tackle and that Young and Brown were inside players.

We knew this about Brown already as he has played significant snaps at center for the Bills.

http://forums.twobil...nders-at-guard/

I'm hopeful that this move is only on paper and in April!

As a former lineman, I'm sure Marrone has a good feel for the talent he's got...or doesn't have at this juncture. I hope Brandon Moore is still an option, since the line could use some veteran leadership...

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157329-zebrie-sanders-at-guard/

Didn't Young play inside at guard last season as well?

Didn't Young play inside at guard last season as well?

I don't recall. I know he was a tackle at Notre Dame.

The one odd thing about Nix's propensity to move tackles to guard is that not all tackles have the skillset to play guard.

It's not the same position and there are probably tackles who don't play with the proper knee bend, etc to play guard.

Both Young and Brown are quite tall for guards.

I don't recall. I know he was a tackle at Notre Dame.

The one odd thing about Nix's propensity to move tackles to guard is that not all tackles have the skillset to play guard.

It's not the same position and there are probably tackles who don't play with the proper knee bend, etc to play guard.

Both Young and Brown are quite tall for guards.

i'm not a coach or any kind of expert, but it seems that you can have different types of guards. some coaches like smaller, quicker guys that can pull on traps, sweeps or screens. some systems may call for the traditional mauler or lumox that just tries to stomp a mudhole in the guy in front of him. that's the only reason i was kind of upset that no linemen were taken, we don't know what they're looking for there.

i'm not a coach or any kind of expert, but it seems that you can have different types of guards. some coaches like smaller, quicker guys that can pull on traps, sweeps or screens. some systems may call for the traditional mauler or lumox that just tries to stomp a mudhole in the guy in front of him. that's the only reason i was kind of upset that no linemen were taken, we don't know what they're looking for there.

True.

It seems in the Nix tenure though that he favors big maulers and less so, leverage, footwork, mobile guys like Levitre.

Either way, while optimistic as usual, there's a chance that Young and Brown will not make good guards, although Brown played well at center in relief.

My specific concern is that Brown is 6'7" and Young is 6'8".

The both originated as tackles.

If you look around the NFL, you don't see too many interior O-linemen of that height.

True.

It seems in the Nix tenure though that he favors big maulers and less so, leverage, footwork, mobile guys like Levitre.

Here's the rub, however.

In Hackett's fast-paced, no huddle-type offense, will maulers be required/desired or will it be mobile movement-types (like Levitre, who would have been perfect in this offense at the right price...sigh).

Here's the rub, however.

In Hackett's fast-paced, no huddle-type offense, will maulers be required/desired or will it be mobile movement-types (like Levitre, who would have been perfect in this offense at the right price...sigh).

That's a great question. Intuitively you would say B.

Also, Levitre was a great pass protector.

But your implication speaks loudly. We still have very little idea what this offense will look like.

I'm actually more worried about RT than LG. Pears was OK before his injury and Hairston was mediocre in replacement. I have not been impressed with Sanders. Unless somebody really steps it up they're going to have a problem there. Guard is much easier to fill. I think that Brown or Young would do fine there. Maybe even Snow.

Has anyone seen snow, young, and brown play? If you have, I think you would conclude that if either of those guys start, we will be dead.

I actually thought that Colin Brown looked raw but pretty good and it's hard to evaluate Young as a guard because he's been playing tackle.

But what do I know.