Buffalo Bills UDFA Signings

Not really. Jackson is running on borrowed time, and Choice isnt that good. Plus, a lot of these signings are "camp fodder". You have to go into camp with at least 4 QBs and at least 4-5 RBs for no other reason than to help spread out the rep load. Can't be wearing out your QBs arms and your RBs so early.

It was really interesting in the press conference. I'm not sure how other teams do it, or if Chan was the same, but Marrone had a list at each position. He told Nix, of the 90 players we can bring into camp, I want 5 QBs, 7 RBs, 11 WRs, etc (or whatever number) and then that was what Nix looked to sign in UDFA to fill in from whatever they had.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, the usual haters that are happy with this draft already decided that NIx must "be on his way out" and Whaley has taken over. Cant give the guy credit. To much cognitive dissonance to handle.

Honestly, this draft really does look like Whaley was behind the driver seat because I've never seen Nix draft/sign these types of players.

Well that didnt take long to prove...

haha dont mean to pick on you, but the timing was just too perfect. :thumbsup::beer: :beer:

All in good fun.

Looks like our math was off though.

http://www.buffalone...ills-drive-1003

Doesn't mean Whaley didn't have a bigger part in the process though. Just saying.

Funny to note that the link has two bills drive in it but isn't related.

Edited by The Wiz

kind of surprised at the lack of OL we have picked up...but i will trust those that get paid to do their job. incredibly happy with the draft and FA's so far.

OL is one of the few strengths of this roster right now, and also has been the one place this FO has been VERY good at finding guys from the dark corners of free agency. We arent desperate to replace Levitre and could even fill that spot (well) with someone already on the roster. We'll sign a few street FAs before camp and a couple of them will stick around. That's exactly how we found guys like Pears and Rhinehart in the first place. If all we're really looking for is a LG, we're sitting pretty.

All in good fun.

Looks like our math was off though.

http://www.buffalone...ills-drive-1003

Doesn't mean Whaley didn't have a bigger part in the process though. Just saying.

Funny to note that the link has two bills drive in it but isn't related.

Oh, for sure, he has had a bigger role every year. If we are grooming him to be our next GM, he better have a larger role every year! :thumbsup:

(sidenote: the tbd in the link is probably because you pulled it from the front page (im guessing?). The tbd is in there so they know who referred the site hits.)

kind of surprised at the lack of OL we have picked up...but i will trust those that get paid to do their job. incredibly happy with the draft and FA's so far.

All you have to do is look at the experience of most of the OL on the roster. Nix has brought most of them in so he's happy with them.

Oh, for sure, he has had a bigger role every year. If we are grooming him to be our next GM, he better have a larger role every year! :thumbsup:

(sidenote: the tbd in the link is probably because you pulled it from the front page (im guessing?). The tbd is in there so they know who referred the site hits.)

I was thinking that was the case but I've never seen it before when reading the front page links (or I just didn't notice it).

You're welcome. Glad I stumbled into the link.

Manuel is Automatic. I thought it was catchy, Thanks for noticing Here's to EJ making it ring true. Go Bills!!!

A personal Thanks for all your efforts, 26CornerBlitz. You've added a lot during the Draft, enabling us to stay on top of all developments.

Well played!

A personal Thanks for all your efforts, 26CornerBlitz. You've added a lot during the Draft, enabling us to stay on top of all developments.

Well played!

Thanks much for the acknowledgement. Always happy to share information. I love the Bills and always will for better or worse.

Nope, the usual haters that are happy with this draft already decided that NIx must "be on his way out" and Whaley has taken over. Cant give the guy credit. To much cognitive dissonance to handle.

this

Is anyoine else surprised we only have one SU palyer(Chibane) coming in for Marrone? I thought Thimas, Nassib, Puigh, Chibane, trhomas, KLemon, Sales all had chances and we only birng in Chibane?

There goes the Central New York ticket sales. The ticket office must be pissed off.

I am sure Marrone and Hackett gave Nix and Whaley very good info on all Cuse players. If they are not on the Bills it is for a reason.

After Friday night in his presser in answer to a question about Nassib, Marrone talked about all kids he coached at Syracuse and how strongly he felt about all of them. He actually mentioned Jamarco Thomas by name, which I thought meant that the Bills didn't have high on their board. I felt that Marrone wouldn't have mentioned any players that the Bills had an interest in.

Honestly, this draft really does look like Whaley was behind the driver seat because I've never seen Nix draft/sign these types of players. I know there was a need for the team image/chemistry/whatever you want to call it to change but it's a completely different feel from the past drafts.

My theory is that Nix's collaboration with Marrone is different than with Gailey. This theory is that Gailey made it clear that he didn't want to deal with any troublemakers while Marrone was willing to consider some players with checkered pasts.

I think it's more Marrone than it is Whaley. JMO.

Is anyoine else surprised we only have one SU palyer(Chibane) coming in for Marrone? I thought Thimas, Nassib, Puigh, Chibane, trhomas, KLemon, Sales all had chances and we only birng in Chibane?

Not surprised, but quite pleased. Drafting any SU players, especially ahead of media-expected round, would have smelt of nepotism. There is nothing a coach can do that will kill his credibility faster in his player's eyes than to be perceived as non-impartial.

Edited by SoFFacet

There goes the Central New York ticket sales. The ticket office must be pissed off.

After Friday night in his presser in answer to a question about Nassib, Marrone talked about all kids he coached at Syracuse and how strongly he felt about all of them. He actually mentioned Jamarco Thomas by name, which I thought meant that the Bills didn't have high on their board. I felt that Marrone wouldn't have mentioned any players that the Bills had an interest in.

My theory is that Nix's collaboration with Marrone is different than with Gailey. This theory is that Gailey made it clear that he didn't want to deal with any troublemakers while Marrone was willing to consider some players with checkered pasts.

I think it's more Marrone than it is Whaley. JMO.

You are most likely right.

My thought was that Marrone and Hackett gave Nix and Whaley info on ability and such. Then the Cuse players went on the Bills draft board. Another team felt different about the players(picked them higher then the Bills valued them), and thus they got picked.

I was really hoping the Bills would roll the dice on Lawrence Okoye - many here probably laughed at that, but the British olympian could turn into a monster. He needs to learn, but his body is a rare thing. Who got him? San Fran. They had, I think, the best draft of anyone - considering they had the reverse type situation as Buffalo (where we had a bunch of holes to fill and not enough picks, they had hardly any holes and a bunch of picks!) - they still seemed to get very good players at positions where they can develop or actually help them.

I think San Fran is without a doubt the best team in the NFL. I HOPE Buffalo is only a year or two away from being able to compete with them in that regard. Getting a project player like Okoye is the kind of thing that can separate a FO from the rest - using all the available resources to find Gems where others neglect it, or don't see it. I'm not saying he will make that type of difference, but I'm saying it's the teams that go for the homerun wherever they can find it - like Miami getting Cameron Wake.

I wish we would have got Okoye, but we're still in a stage behind San Fran, where we're still moving to field our best roster, and they've got their roster settled, they're looking to fortify their future.

I loved our draft, though - and I think we're going to be competing for a wild card this year. 9-10 wins is where I see us finishing, on record!