Reasons This Has Been an AMAZING Draft

Boludo

Without making any predictions about any specific players, I like the strategy and plan the Bills pulled off. Went in with 6 picks, walked out with 8. QB, WR, LB, WR, DB, DB, K, TE. They didnt get cute, quite the opposite actually. Able to get their guy, and gain picks. Addressed our biggest needs, no real head-scratchers.

That being said, I'm personally psyched to see what they do with Manuel and all these weapons. And really hoping the D is as aggressive and nasty as it can be!

Can't quite agree with you on the "no head scratchers" part. Uncertain on Marquise Goodwin - I get that he's a fantastic athlete, but there were many more proven players available. Really scratching my head on Jonathan Meeks. Maybe he's gonna be a star, but again, seems like there were many more proven players available.

Overall, pretty happy with this draft, maybe this is a nit

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to rain on this parade, but I think E.J. Manual will be a bust and we will be drafting another QB in three years after Kolb plays one year and Manual gets two years to prove he is a bust. I watched him play at Florida State and he is not a starter in the NFL. I went to the Florida State Vs. Gators game last year and he was terrible with three interceptions and completed 50% of his passes. He sucked against good teams. He is not Cam Newton and will never be anything but a back up QB talent. He is Jamarcus Russell with more of a work ethic. He is a nice guy, well spoken, smart but is not a guy that will lead your team to victories in the fourth quarter.

Is it we or your?

You are what you've always been.

Good to see that we are, once again, winning the offseason.

Don't let it ruin your weekend.

Best draft ever? It could be if EJ pans out but its a risky draft for sure. I like the WR's and MLB that we picked up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but it all depends on how they pan out.

All drafts are risky and it always depends on how they pan out. Just try to enjoy it until they start playing.

USA Today just named Kiko Alonzo worst pick of day 2 (tied with Dallas's pick of a tight end). They said we should have taken the guy from Kansas State. Personally, I was wondering why they took him in the second round, when most prognisticators had him in the 4th or 5th.

But then I remembered that our team snagged such gems as Torrell Troup in the second, Aaron Maybin in the first, and TJ Graham (traded up for this one) in the 3rd.

I hope they're right. I really do.

TC, the theme of the draft was speed and they loaded up on that.

They took a few guys with "character issues" that would have been picked higher otherwise. To me this is a good gamble.

It is time to lose the choir boy image and get some intense players that hate to lose.

Talley, Therman, Kelly, Bruce ... not always the most saintly remember?

Some of these picks indicate a clear difference in direction with Marrone and his staff in there. Overall I am optimistic about this draft.

Cheers, Bob

Can't quite agree with you on the "no head scratchers" part. Uncertain on Marquise Goodwin - I get that he's a fantastic athlete, but there were many more proven players available. Really scratching my head on Jonathan Meeks. Maybe he's gonna be a star, but again, seems like there were many more proven players available.

Overall, pretty happy with this draft, maybe this is a nit

My "no head scratchers" is in reference to the strategy (QB, WR, LB, WR, DB, DB, K, TE). All major positional needs. They didnt get cute and pick something like n RB or OT early. They went right down the same list of needs you could find posted here a million times. Love it.

Now if you want to argue the specific players at those spots VS other players at the same position, thats fine. But I dont know if it's really worth arguing specifics about 4th+ round picks. Plus at the point of Goodwin and after, teams are basically drafting for scheme as well as need. Trick is to find the most talented guys that fit what you want to do and fill holes. I think the Bills did that pretty well. Only time will tell if it all worked.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013/04/2013-buffalo-bills-udfa-tracker/

they got several quality UDFAs already

da'rick rogers is obviously the crown jewel, pretty great to get a third rounder for free

but that pough linebacker was projected as a 5th rounder so he's a nice snag as well

idk most of these guys but it's good to see they had targets and got them signed immediately with no waiting around for other teams to swoop in and take our guys