We did not address the TE position

freester

My money is on Lutzenkirchen in the 4th for the name alone.

Lutzenkirchen was a superstar at Lassiter high school in Georgia which is about 2 miles from my house. I saw him make some great plays on Fridays and always figured his skill would translate to the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/philip-lutzenkirchen?id=2539204

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is true that Nix passed on a 2nd trade down in the 1st , most likely it was SF. SF gave this deal to Dallas. We probably would have gotten an additional 6 or 7th as well for an earlier pick

We could have gotten our pick of QBs at best, or at worst we would have gotten our pick of QBs minus only one. Unless you believe Manuel was the only Franchise QB in the bunch, and Nix said he believed there were 2 or 3, we would have gotten one that he believed was a Franchise QB

By the end of the 3rd round we would have filled all our needs like this. With the 4-7 round picks left to fill OL, DL, S and CB with developmental and depth players if we wanted.

1st round QB #31

2nd round WR Woods # 41

2nd round LB Alonso # 46

3rd round WR Williams or Allen # 74

3rd round TE Jordan Reed #78

I believe Nix said that SF was the team that called to trade up, but (and this is what I figure, not what Nix said) they didn't want to move down to 31 and risk losing Manuel to the Eagles. Makes sense.

As for TE, I'd take a flyer on Stoneburner in the 5th.

Edited by Doc

There are still some great players out there.. I hope the Bills don't rush in the 4th round to grab a TE when guys like Da'Rick Rogers and Marcus Lattimore are still available. I like Ryan Griffin in the 6th round.

Top TE's still available according to CBS player rankings

Dion Sims - Mich. St. 6'5 262 4.68-22 10 1/2" hands

Levine Toilolo - Stanford 6'8 260 4.79-17 10 1/4"

Nick Kasa - Colorado 6'6 269 471-22 9 1/8"

Chris Gragg - Arkansas 6'3 244 4.46-18 9"

Matt Furstenburg - Maryland 6'4 242 4.62-18 8 5/8"

Ryan Otten - San Jose St. 6'5 230 4.73 9 5/8"

Jake Stoneburner - Ohio State 6'4 252 4.68-18 9 3/8

Zach Sudfeld - Nevada 6'7 253 4.79 9 3/4"

Now these are the ones that are supposedly ranked to be drafted. They have 7th-FA listed; but, I have not.

Wow, it's so simple, man. Hindsight is a powerful tool, if only we could use it to solve all the world's problems.

Just showing how that lack of competency in the Front Office affected the quality of the draft. Another year where the Front Office held back the team. Nothing seems to have changed in Buffalo. Yet another sub-par draft that stops the fans from having a competitive team to root for on the field.

Edited by simpleman

Top TE's still available according to CBS player rankings

Dion Sims - Mich. St. 6'5 262 4.68-22 10 1/2" hands

Levine Toilolo - Stanford 6'8 260 4.79-17 10 1/4"

Nick Kasa - Colorado 6'6 269 471-22 9 1/8"

Chris Gragg - Arkansas 6'3 244 4.46-18 9"

Matt Furstenburg - Maryland 6'4 242 4.62-18 8 5/8"

Ryan Otten - San Jose St. 6'5 230 4.73 9 5/8"

Jake Stoneburner - Ohio State 6'4 252 4.68-18 9 3/8

Zach Sudfeld - Nevada 6'7 253 4.79 9 3/4"

Now these are the ones that are supposedly ranked to be drafted. They have 7th-FA listed; but, I have not.

I think Furstenburg is a major sleeper and the type of player Marrone and Hackett should really like... B-)

Just showing how that lack of competency in the Front Office affected the quality of the draft. Another year where the Front Office held back the team. Nothing seems to have changed in Buffalo. Yet another sub-par draft that stops the fans from having a competitive team to root for on the field.

We are all sorry out missed your calling. But I guess that's the flaw of perfect hindsight.

I think Furstenburg is a major sleeper and the type of player Marrone and Hackett should really like... B-)

I watch a lot of Terp football (I know, they generally blow) but they have produced a surprising number of decent players. Always been a Furstenberg fan and perhaps on the right team he could flourish. Hard working, nice tools but had to play on a Terp team that was a mess the last two years, which must have had seven or more QBs over that time (the injuries looked like a Pickett's regiment during the charge) including a converted LB who played the last few games last season.

I watch a lot of Terp football (I know, they generally blow) but they have produced a surprising number of decent players. Always been a Furstenberg fan and perhaps on the right team he could flourish. Hard working, nice tools but had to play on a Terp team that was a mess the last two years, which must have had seven or more QBs over that time (the injuries looked like a Pickett's regiment during the charge) including a converted LB who played the last few games last season.

I would take Sims, Kasa, and then Furstenburg.

We are desperate for an impact TE. All the top TE are gone. Chandler will probably start year on pup list. TE is a critical position for a young QB

They def need a tall guy who can go get it in the red zone or on short yardage. No quality UFA's are coming at that position because we are unproven at QB. They are going to have to draft someone.

All great points Max, and due to that QB situation at Maryland, I figured Furstenburg would still be available in the 5th-6th area...I just think his total package and receiving skills project extremely well to a Coaching Staff that is creative enough to know how to use him properly...I think he's the major sleeper of this remaining group... B-)

What about Kellen Winslow? I know he is a little older and had character issue but I believe he is the best tight end left available in free agency right now. He also had like 75 catches just two years ago with the Buccaneers so he can still be productive

Edited by bufffan031