Brad Smith Speculation

all 3 Rookies will make team before brad smith:

Robert Woods

Marquise Goodwin

Da'Rick Rogers

Stevie Johnson

T. J. Graham

I think the Bills will keep 2 QB's - EJM & either Kolb Or Jax. BS will be their disaster QB & the undrafted free agent will be on the pracice squad.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With E..J and Woods in

Brad Smith OUT

Not to mention with the pick up of Darick Rogers it should be a no brainer !!

Even if it means Easley taking his roster spot it would open up 2 or 3 spots money wise ...

The way I look at it is the Bills likely have enough cap space to sign their rookies and have a good amount of money left over to sign Byrd and bring in a vet or two if they so choose. So why at this point when free agency is over for the most part would we cut Brad Smith who would at least give us depth at WR and be able to be used in some gadget plays.

Unless they need the room to extend Byrd I don't see it happening there wouldn't be enough of a benefit

I have no idea why they keep him...

worst QB on team

worst WR on team

worst RB on team

worst KR on team

forgot to add in that he makes more money than the:

Best QB on the team

Best RB on the team

Best KR on the team

And 2nd highest paid WR on the year.

forgot to add in that he makes more money than the:

Best QB on the team

Best RB on the team

Best KR on the team

And 2nd highest paid WR on the year.

Excellent points. Brad Smith adds nothing to this team. He'll be cut soon IMO. I think you have to look at Rogers AND Easley before Brad Smith.

In Marrone's post-draft presser, he specifically mentioned how Brad Smith (and TJ Graham) had an outstanding voluntary minicamp. Don't count on Smith going anywhere.

That was probably a smokescreen call before the draft :rolleyes:

In Marrone's post-draft presser, he specifically mentioned how Brad Smith (and TJ Graham) had an outstanding voluntary minicamp. Don't count on Smith going anywhere.

True.

But on the other hand, Stevie didn't participate due to his back and Nelson and Jones are gone.

So aside from Dickerson and a couple guys we've never heard of, all they had to work with was Brad Smith and TJ Graham.

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for both but just saying.

And like I said upthread, I expect Smith to make the final roster.

Why don't they have him hold field goals? Increases success on a fake by like a million percent.

We could also have him learn how to pooch punt. Even if hes only as good as Brady is, we could send him out there and line up in a deep shotgun and see what looks they give us. If he's never going to be a quality QB, at least put him out there in different situations and see if we can steal some Time outs and first downs.

Why is it that so many people on the board B word about this guy? He returns kicks; can play QB; plays WR; contributes on special teams coverage- he serves as a jack-of-all-trades player. Yet all people do is whine about how much he makes. If the front office and coaches aren't concerned about his cap number, why the hell are you? People here act like Smith is taking money out of their wallets or something. What...should we cut Smith and replace him with Tim Tebow? Tebow is a terrible QB- yet some want to sign him to play TE, FB, or special teams. I say- we already have that type of player; his name is Brad Smith. And I'd rather have him than Tebow. And I don't give a rat's a$$ how much he makes- I'm not signing his paycheck (and neither are you!)

Well he did average 8+ yards a carry, returned a KO for a TD with a very good 27+ yard ave and had a couple TDs receiving as the #4 or #5.

He had 14 rushing attempts. That's less than 1 a game. He had 14 pass catches. Again less than 1 a game. And he started 2 games. The customary "Smith is valuable" defense is because he plays dozens of positions. Unfortunately, Gailey hardly ever used the guy until the team was decimated by injury. Now, Marrone may be planning to go with a heavy dose of Wilcat offense, but...

He had 14 rushing attempts. That's less than 1 a game. He had 14 pass catches. Again less than 1 a game. And he started 2 games. The customary "Smith is valuable" defense is because he plays dozens of positions. Unfortunately, Gailey hardly ever used the guy until the team was decimated by injury. Now, Marrone may be planning to go with a heavy dose of Wilcat offense, but...

We have a recurring theme here...Bills' coaches didn't do a very good job utilizing the talent on the roster. Gailey screwed the pooch with Smith, just as Wanny screwed the pooch with the entire D. Personally, I'd like to see what Hackett and Marrone come up with to take advantage of Brad's unique skill set.