Manti Te'o at 46?

Okay. I'm eating crow. SD is smarter than me. They even trade up to get Te'o. I can tell you the Sirius guys were a little shocked by the pick. Good for him. Hope he does well, but I'm glad it's SD and not the Bills.

PTR

San Diego newspaper welcomes Manti Teo with, yep, a fake-girlfriend joke

http://sports.yahoo....-155400848.html

That is pretty funny.

But it is on eof the reasons i did not want Te'o. I do not think he has the mental toughness to overcome that. i will hopefully be proven wrong since i do not know him at all. Just from listening to interviews and such i wonder if he will ever be able to overcome it all and move past it.

Okay. I'm eating crow. SD is smarter than me. They even trade up to get Te'o. I can tell you the Sirius guys were a little shocked by the pick. Good for him. Hope he does well, but I'm glad it's SD and not the Bills.

PTR

i always find the sirius guys pretty fair, unbiased, and generally come with more experience/intel then the talking heads on most generic sports websites and tv coverage

Saban has done it to many a good player. They had 6 weeks between games, and some distractions. Saban has absolutely dominated after those layoffs and ND was especially long without a conference championship. It'd be like the niners and ravens stopping play mid December before a championship in February.... It's a terrible setup if you ask me but its the NCAA.

Absolutely right. I'm not a big Te'o fan but Alabama made pretty much everyone look bad. I watched the Bama-Georgia game and the Tide destroyed Ogletree, Jones, John Jenkins, and the other four guys on that defense who were drafted last week.

They went down to Baton Rouge and handled an LSU defense which had 8 players drafted last week.

It's not fair to judge Te'o based on the Bama game.

The entirety of ND was exposed. How can Te'o be expected to do anything when he is getting absolutely zero help from the dline or other lbs?

Competition gets harder in the NFL, but he will actually have competent teammates as well.

I would have hated him anywhere in RD 1, but I'd be happy with him as our 2nd rd 2 pick, or in rd 3.

Yep.

Te'o is like Poz with better instincts. He won't be a monster because he doesn't have crazy athleticism but I think he'll be a good starter in the league and worth a 2nd rounder.

You changed your handle? And e-ball changed his avatar?

What is this world coming to?

Ouch. Looks like my late first ceiling and early second floor I've been spouting since the combine was pretty good. I've missed a lot, gotta take a win where I can get it!

Good job, NS.

• 3 weeks later...

Teo shows up at Maxim party honoring fake girlfriend

Teo appeared to be a good sport about the whole thing when Maxim named Lennay Kekua No. 69 on their annual list of the worlds hottest women.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/18/teo-shows-up-at-maxim-party-honoring-fake-girlfriend/

Very smart move on his part. Hard to rip a guy about something if he goes along with the joke. This will help him get past this a lot quicker IMO.

hahahaha, cant even believe you wrote this lmao

Did I miss the article about the bust they are sculpting for Canton?

I was wrong. I guess there was an NFL team that thought he was worth grabbing. Now we'll see how he plays against Alabama every week.

PTR

Did I miss the article about the bust they are sculpting for Canton?

I was wrong. I guess there was an NFL team that thought he was worth grabbing. Now we'll see how he plays against Alabama every week.

PTR

I am not laughing about the fact that you don't think he will be a good player in the NFL...thats a fair argument as people have varying opinions of him. I was laughing at the notion you thought he would go undrafted. There was not a chance in hell that was ever going to happen. His combine numbers were not as good as people hoped, but also not that bad either. His resume is impressive, he made plays all over the field, and sure he had a bad game against Alabama, but that whole D was pwned by Bama, and when your front DL gets man handled like it did, its makes for a long day for the LB's.

He may be the next Seau in SD or just another LB, or even a flat out bust...only time will tell...but again, proclaiming he would go undrafted was hilarious.

I am not laughing about the fact that you don't think he will be a good player in the NFL...thats a fair argument as people have varying opinions of him. I was laughing at the notion you thought he would go undrafted. There was not a chance in hell that was ever going to happen. His combine numbers were not as good as people hoped, but also not that bad either. His resume is impressive, he made plays all over the field, and sure he had a bad game against Alabama, but that whole D was pwned by Bama, and when your front DL gets man handled like it did, its makes for a long day for the LB's.

He may be the next Seau in SD or just another LB, or even a flat out bust...only time will tell...but again, proclaiming he would go undrafted was hilarious.

All this proves is even NFL front offices get swept up by the hype. It's the same way we all want the Bills to bring in other teams busts because we still remember their pre-draft reputations.

Hype dies hard.

PTR