Per Ian Rapoport: Bills like Barkley in 2nd round

Ramius

Its very interesting, Kelly, as there seem to be 2 "warring" factions. The national guys seem to be in line with Rapoport, and don't see Buffalo taking a QB at 8, but taking one late 1st (whether its a trade up or trade down) or in the second. Its all the local guys that are "sure" the Bills are taking Barkley or Nassib at 8. Given the sometimes "rocky" relationship between the Bills and the local media, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see OBD hang the local guys out to dry and pass on a QB at 8.

This post and Gordio's post about division in the Bills war room are the two most interesting things I've read here in a week.

If we get Glennon, and Barkley is taken just a few spots before, I am going to very angry.

I actually think there is a real shot he gets taken before pick #8.

Barkley before #8?

I don't think there's any chance of that.

Does anyone else feel like we're now just at Random Mass Guessing? The Bills are interested in Nassib, no now it's Barkley, but now they have Geno Smith in, but EJ Manuel felt he thought Buffalo was likely...it just never ends!

Absolutely.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Listening to Jimbo on Sirius show, he basically shat all over the idea of a Cali QB being right for this job. The conditions, the winds, etc. Go figure, he was all-in for the tough Pennsylvania kid from the Cuse. Not that Jimbo is in our war room, or has any sway, but was surprised to hear how dead set against Barkley he was for "us" as he put it ( I love that).

That aside, I think that this FO will shock us in a good way over the next few days!!

Its very interesting, Kelly, as there seem to be 2 "warring" factions. The national guys seem to be in line with Rapoport, and don't see Buffalo taking a QB at 8, but taking one late 1st (whether its a trade up or trade down) or in the second. Its all the local guys that are "sure" the Bills are taking Barkley or Nassib at 8. Given the sometimes "rocky" relationship between the Bills and the local media, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see OBD hang the local guys out to dry and pass on a QB at 8.

The OP is the first thing that I have read (not that I haven't missed things) that links Nassib to any specific team other than the Bills. Even the reporters, etc. that are high on Nassib don't seem to be mentioning teams with an interest. Alex Marvez said this on Sirius.

While anything is possible, it's hard for me to picture the Bills passing on him at 8. Aside from the ticket selling aspect, there are other factors. Do you know that in 2006, the Saints drafted Marques Colston in the 7th round. He attended Hofstra, which was the Jets practice field. It was hard for them to justify not knowing how good he was.

Marrone coached Nassib. If they pass on him and he turns out to be good, how will Brandon, Marrone, and the Syracuse/Bills OC look?

Some think that the above doesn't mean much. I think that it does.

Listening to Jimbo on Sirius show, he basically shat all over the idea of a Cali QB being right for this job. The conditions, the winds, etc. Go figure, he was all-in for the tough Pennsylvania kid from the Cuse. Not that Jimbo is in our war room, or has any sway, but was surprised to hear how dead set against Barkley he was for "us" as he put it ( I love that).

That aside, I think that this FO will shock us in a good way over the next few days!!

This has pretty much been my logic in why I didn't want Barkley. Now, I'm not saying I know better than an NFL scout, but I feel caution is justified.

Part of me is hoping that this has Whaley's fingerprints on it, and that he is some kind of mad genius for keeping everyone completely guessing, but I have a sneaking suspicion that people are now just making **** up.

If true, I LOVE IT......

It means Buddy not completely in charge. They probably have the old bstrds mouth duct taped....his mouth would be total liability to any kind of plan that required us to be cagey (for once).

Cordy Glenn is a guard! No cageyness there.

Playing in snow really is a lot different and you have to know how to handle the conditions. It does play a big part. Has Barkley ever played in snow?

1) What QB plays great in the snow? Peyton sucks in the snow. I'd hate to have him on the Bills for that reason.

2) The Bills play like 1 really bad weather game a year. This weather thing is very overstated. Jim Kelly didn't play many cold weather game at Miami. And I don't think Cal encountered many blizzards. Rodgers seems to be ok.

3) Is this really reporting? My report: I'd really like Adrienne Lima to show up at my house. There is zero chance Barkley will be there in the 2nd and if the Bills really want him, they be idiots to hope he does. Tomorrow can't come quick enough.

1) What QB plays great in the snow? Peyton sucks in the snow. I'd hate to have him on the Bills for that reason.

2) The Bills play like 1 really bad weather game a year. This weather thing is very overstated. Jim Kelly didn't play many cold weather game at Miami. And I don't think Cal encountered many blizzards. Rodgers seems to be ok.

3) Is this really reporting? My report: I'd really like Adrienne Lima to show up at my house. There is zero chance Barkley will be there in the 2nd and if the Bills really want him, they be idiots to hope he does. Tomorrow can't come quick enough.

Agreed. Add to that what do teams do when it's crap weather? They put the ball in the running backs hands. They don't tell their QB to go out and throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs.

I heard from a little birdie today that we really are looking at QB at 8. Funny, but this year, the closer we get to the draft, the less I think I know about what the team is going to do. They could go so many ways.

If I HAD to guess, I would say Nassib. But I wouldn't put more than a 24.83% chance of it happening.

And this is the first year in many years, where we don't even have a consensus #1 overall pick. The chiefs are yet to contact any player to discuss a contract. This is simply going to be one of the amazing drafts where all GMs are playing their cards so close to their vests that even their wives/GFs have no idea where they are going on the 27th.

4) Nassib-the-Chosen-One played in a DOME. How much snow has he played in?

4) Nassib-the-Chosen-One played in a DOME. How much snow has he played in?

+1. The only perceived difference between Barkley and Naasib is that the later has a stronger arm. However, Barkley has played in a pro-style offense for 4 years and that is a big advantage. Either pick will work for the BIlls. They just have to bite the sniping from the ESPN Talking heads and pick one of these guys at #8 as both will not be there at #41. In fact, one or both of them may be even gone by pick #8 if the GMs play a different game tonight.

Yea it never snows in PA

The fact that Nassib played in snow in college will make him such a better NFL QB than Barkley. Also, we have 1 December home game. Again, would not take Peyton Manning (not saying Barkley is close to him, but making a point) because he struggles in colld weather games (like 95% of QBs do)?