Per Ian Rapoport: Bills like Barkley in 2nd round

Ramius

He was just on NFL Network and just tweeted it, but he says the Bills like Barkley in the second round, and NOT at #8. He also reported that the Bills believe that the Jags will take Nassib at #33, so if they want Nassib, they'd need to trade back into the end of the first to take him.

But he strongly implied that Buffalo isn't looking at these guys at #8.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard from a little birdie today that we really are looking at QB at 8. Funny, but this year, the closer we get to the draft, the less I think I know about what the team is going to do. They could go so many ways.

If I HAD to guess, I would say Nassib. But I wouldn't put more than a 24.83% chance of it happening.

I heard from a little birdie today that we really are looking at QB at 8. Funny, but this year, the closer we get to the draft, the less I think I know about what the team is going to do. They could go so many ways.

If I HAD to guess, I would say Nassib. But I wouldn't put more than a 24.83% chance of it happening.

Its very interesting, Kelly, as there seem to be 2 "warring" factions. The national guys seem to be in line with Rapoport, and don't see Buffalo taking a QB at 8, but taking one late 1st (whether its a trade up or trade down) or in the second. Its all the local guys that are "sure" the Bills are taking Barkley or Nassib at 8. Given the sometimes "rocky" relationship between the Bills and the local media, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see OBD hang the local guys out to dry and pass on a QB at 8.

Its very interesting, Kelly, as there seem to be 2 "warring" factions. The national guys seem to be in line with Rapoport, and don't see Buffalo taking a QB at 8, but taking one late 1st (whether its a trade up or trade down) or in the second. Its all the local guys that are "sure" the Bills are taking Barkley or Nassib at 8. Given the sometimes "rocky" relationship between the Bills and the local media, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see OBD hang the local guys out to dry and pass on a QB at 8.

Yep. Combine that with a new regime that doesn't give out a lot of information in public interviews, and the Buddy phone call fiasco, the organization seems to be a lot more tight lipped about everything. Think of the Lawson, Kolb and just this week, Dansby, situations. I don't think anyone really knows, and they surely don't know what offers are being tentatively discussed about teams moving up.

Last year there were 19 trades in the first round. With less sure stars, I suspect it will be a lot less. But there still should be a flurry of calls coming in and out. Last year, Nix said he likes his picks (and then traded up a little one time). This year, he said "we're open for business and will take all calls."

If they want a QB, and they have one rated significantly higher than the other(s), then I would say there's a 3.5% chance that they trade down below the jets, and let them pick twice, before they take him.

But, Buddy has shown some serious nuts in the past, see: sitting tight on Cordy Glenn falling to our 2nd pick. He could very easily stick to his board, trade down and figure that even the jets aren't dumb enought to ignore their board, such that the Qb he wants will be available at our new spot.

IF they have so/so grade on these guys, then, as you say, it's wide open, and literally anything is possible. The fact that the Jets pick 2 times, means that somebody has to think that they have to get ahead of the jets, Chargers and Dolphins.

The question is: who needs to do that, because of who they think those teams will take?

He was just on NFL Network and just tweeted it, but he says the Bills like Barkley in the second round, and NOT at #8. He also reported that the Bills believe that the Jags will take Nassib at #33, so if they want Nassib, they'd need to trade back into the end of the first to take him.

But he strongly implied that Buffalo isn't looking at these guys at #8.

That's basically what Charley Casserly said he was hearing...The difference was Casserley said it was Barkley and Glennon in the 2nd...He said the Bills are not as high on Nassib as people seem to believe... B-)

If not a qb in the first, then whom are they lookin at. Austin the wr or a gaurd? would not at all be surprised if it is one of the gaurds.

I think first and foremost they are looking to trade down...After that who knows...

I have yet to hear his name attached to the Bills...But I would not be surprised at all to see the Bills Draft RT DJ Fluker if he's still available after a trade down...I think the S Vaccaro will be a possibility...And CB DJ Hayden as well...The farther they go down, if OG's Warmack and Cooper are still available, they become more of a possibility...And of course TE Tyler Eifert can't be excluded...

That's just my take... B-)

Just imagine what is going on inside of the inner circle for each team.

I remember hearing Polian say years ago that there was no debate Indy was going to take Manning. Then i met a guy that was in the room leading up to and on draft day. This person told me that the room was split between Leaf and Manning. Polian was listening to both sides and debating himself...

If we get Glennon, and Barkley is taken just a few spots before, I am going to very angry. I really want to be excited with who we pick, right away. Please Bills, don't make me do the convince-myself-XXXX-is-a-good-prospect song and dance.

Barkley won't last that long.

I agree. I actually think there is a real shot he gets taken before pick #8.

For sure, no one knows - and, unless someone has REAL inside info, no one is going to know. I believe anything that the media is saying right now is either speculation, or smoke screen. Face it, the pick is too important to be giving out hints or suggestions as to who the Bills like. Especially considering how tight lipped Marone is - which I truly appreciate.

If they stay at 8, though, the more I think about it the more I believe they'll have a real hard time passing on Warmack or Cooper. All the other players available will be arguably pro-bowl talented; meaning if they play up to their potential they might be top 5-8 in the league at their position. Warmack and Cooper, on the other hand, are already viewed as top 5 or 6 in the league, talent wise, and some are comparing them to prospects that only come out every 10 or so years. I just don't see Buffalo passing easily on that type of talent, especially when there happens to be a hole at that spot on their roster!

Still, given the importance of QB's and the lack of a franchise QB in Buffalo for almost 20 years, you just can't rule that out.

What scares me, though - and I hadn't even considered this until just yesterday - is the idea of Nix, Whaley, and Marrone ALL HAVING DIFFERENT QB's rated at their top guy. I think it is really important that they are united on this, with perhaps the edge going to Marone, since he'll have to win with him. Still, though, lets say Nix gives in and lets Marone pick his guy, if the QB turns out unimpressive, Nix is going to get all the blame. I really hope these guys are all on the same page, or it might just be more of the same down at 1 Bills Drive...

I really don't want to see them use the 8th pick on a QB with so many other more talented players on the board

I dont think any right minded Bills fan would.

If they want Barleycorn. and they really might. do what you gotta do.

With 12 teams trying to trade back this first round, the draft might be a mess/exciting.

I am going to have to stay up past my bedtime this year.