Have you ever worn Bills gear to an away game?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the Bills at Cardinals game last year with my 12 yr old son wearing our jerseys, was a little worried knowing what can happen to other the other teams fans at the ralph when they display their colors. They were all pretty nice and even apoligized to me after getting bumped into.

• Dodgers fans go to Arizona to watch team play Diamondbacks
  • Dodgers fans pay $3,000 apiece to sit in the ground-level suite directly behind home plate (where the fans are seen in their Dodger gear on TV on every pitch)
  • Diamondbacks owner sees this, and orders security to force the Dodgers fans to wear Diamondbacks gear

“Though the stadium was publicly funded, the Diamondbacks say they have the right to dictate what fans do and do not wear, just as teams can determine whether fans are allowed to bring signage into stadiums.”

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1316873

http://www.azcentral...heir-seats.html

What's sad is being a huge Dodgers fan, who watched that game and read about Dodgers fans selling out, made me pia-ssed!

If ever walk into Sun Life Stadium and the owner of the Dullphins made me sell out being a Bills fan...I would drop trou and poop on my free Tannenhill jersey

Went to the Bills at Cardinals game last year with my 12 yr old son wearing our jerseys, was a little worried knowing what can happen to other the other teams fans at the ralph when they display their colors. They were all pretty nice and even apoligized to me after getting bumped into.

It was a different story 4 years ago...when Trent Edwards went down and Kurt Warner spanked the Bills. Fights galore!

It's funny how people can be. I have a strict "no opposing team jersey" rule, home or away games. My 10 year old (at the time) son was/is a fan of Max Afinogenov when he played for the Sabres, and continued to be after he went to Atlanta. So much so, he got an Afinogenov Thrashers jersey and later a St. Petersburg one. He begged me to let him wear his Thrashers jersey so he could try and get it autographed to a game in Buffalo. He did, and everyone was polite to him during the game though I could tell some adults were visibly annoyed. I think when they saw his age and the fact it was a recent ex-Sabre players jersey they bit their tongues. But it's pretty amazing to see what affect it can have on some people, even when sober.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Wore Bills gear in Charlotte a few years ago, but I don't think that counts. Most everybody in the stadium once lived in Buffalo. :D

I was at that game...what surprised me was the opening prayer.

I was super hungover and realizing halfway through the prayer...it was not the national anthem

I always wear a t-shirt...nothing too outlandish. I have a bunch of jerseys, but I rarely wear them. After Terrence McGee was released, I have about 20 jerseys, all of former Bills. The only one I ever wear anymore is a Chris Spielman...not so much cuz he is my favorite (though I do like him a lot), but becuase it is one of the older ones that I have that fits me well...also the most beat up one.

Not a Bills game, but when I was living in NYC (mid-80's to early 90's) I went to a Celtics/Knicks playoff game at MSG. I am a huge Celtics fan. Tickets in the nose-bleeds were a fortune, but worth it, IMO. I went with my girlfriend (new girlfriend at the time)...it was a bit chilly out...we were there about an hour before tip-off (wanted to see Bird & Co at shoot-around)...I swear, I had my jacket off for about 2 minutes, wearing a Celtics green t-shirt...we were pelted with garbage..my girlfrined (long, beautiful hair) was wearing the remanents of a half eaten hot-dog with mustard in her hair the rest of the evening. It wasn't fun...the Celtics lost (Bird missed a game-tying shot at the end), I still cheered, and my gf was nervous the whole time.

We moved to Texas a few years later...I was here (Austin) for the two Super Bowls against the Cowboys. I remember one chilly January morning, the week of the Super Bowl, my gf was looking for a jacket to wear to walk to the corner store in. I offered her up my Bills jacket.."no way" she said! :lol:

I would never go to a Bills game anywhere and not rock Bills gear. That said, I have been to see the Bills in NY, DC and San Diego. A lot of passionate, but good natured back and forth with opposing fans. Got some water and popcorn, thrown at me from an upper deck in DC, but nothing crazy. When I go see the Bills on the road I act the same way I would at the Ralph. So that stands out. I don't drink, just get loud. BUT, usually there were always many Bills fans there so it's not like I was by lonesome.

Went to one in San Diego wearing Bills gear. No problem. Plenty of Bills fans. San Diego fans were nice/fun. Everyone had a good time.

Went to a Bills game at the Ralph... Jets fans got heckled, shouted at, things thrown at them, etc etc.

Neither stadiums dictated which team people were allowed to wear. But the character of the fans varied wildly, heh.

Oakland Holding Center...I mean Coliseum, twice in '02. Them: "Spielman, Spielman!" (my jersey) Me: "Liberace used to like to wear makeup, too!"

Candlestick many times, including the game in '79 in the fog that sent us into the playoffs. Never any problems. SF fans are classy, unless playing Oakland.

Oh yeah, I wore the colors to the Murph in SD, too. Awesome fans.

I went to the Jags home opener against the Bills about 5 years back, and my girlfriend at the time and I were both wearing Bills jerseys and hats. We got some good-natured heckling and repeatedly told to "go back to Canada," but other than that, it was all good.

Fans are fans -- it is pretty universal. Some teams do happen to attract the more die-hard variety (like us Bills fans!). I have worn my colors to multiple away games -- mostly in Baltimore and DC. Games where we won AND lost. Only once did I have to deal with anything other than good-natured ribbing. That was at the Baltimore game back in 2004 when Bledsoe tossed 4 INTs (one of which was returned for a TD by Deion). I happened to be wearing a Bledsoe jersey that game and some little dude -- all of 5'2" -- harassed me all the way to my car after the game. I think he was just trying to act tough, expecting surrounding Ravens fans to help him out if I should decide to clock him. I just ignored him -- other Raven fans told him to STFU.

As a witness, my favorite incident I observed was at a Monday night game in Washington a few years back. The Skins were hosting the Cowboys, and there was a Cowboy fan there in full heel mode. He kept walking up and down the aisle ripping Redskin fans. Some of the stuff the guy was saying was hilarious -- reminded me of Johnny Fairplay or Jim Cornett. By halftime, he had incited so many fans that the ushers forced him to leave. With him went my greatest entertainment for the night!

Miami : The 90s were tough and Dolfans were not kind at all. The 2000's, both teams have sucked so bad it's kind of a mutual " I feel your pain " attitude. The walk to the car when we lose sucks. I have learned to leave early as of late which I hate doing but I am tired of dealing with them .

Tampa : Great stadium and great fans . Pretty kind to us . Jp let us to 3 points last time I was there if I remember correctly . lol

Jacksonville: Also very kind to me . Jp also screwed the pouch there last time we played . I was a JP supporter until that game . I believe it was his last game as a starter for us and rightfully so .

We play at all 3 this year so I hope they draft who I want (EJ) and we kick some a** in Florida !!!!!!!!! Go Bills !!

Took my two daughters to a Chiefs game.....Bills won in a blow out. Most fans left mid 3rd quarter and got to spend the rest of the game 2 rows up behind the Bills bench. Several of the guys were very engaging, but yes, all 3 of us had on Bills gear....One chief fan in particular.....well, my daughter want to ask him.....geez, fella, it's only a game....supposed to be fun......Who pee'd in your cheerios????

BUT.....we were there early enough to tailgate. We brought a huge plate of wings/blu cheese...walked around the parking lot, walked up to chiefs fans and said "...don't want your experience with the Bills to be totally unpleasant - Have a Buffalo Wing!!!" Most laughed and had a wing.....some just turned away.