Explosions at the boston marathon

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unbelievably CNN is still pushing the story of these two guys although the women who was pushing the story yesterday says that they are basically ruling out those people as suspects.

I hate the way CNN rolls all of their updates into one article. It will say a time and then the latest report. You read through that and it's very easy to lose track of what exactly is recent and what isn't.

I hate the way CNN rolls all of their updates into one article. It will say a time and then the latest report. You read through that and it's very easy to lose track of what exactly is recent and what isn't.

Yeah but they are doing the same thing on TV as well...I would imagine that should be kept more up to date. They went to the woman twice in the same hour for two separate interviews and Erin Burnett led the interview both times by saying there are two "people of interest" that are possible suspects and the woman had to rebuke her both times. Also they are still running a banner that says two possible suspects are being sought.

EDIT: Upon further listening it sounds like they are confused with the picture of the kids and two separate pictures that the FBI has used to identify suspects at each of the bomb sites in two separate videos from closed circuit cameras on the other side of the street. Still if they are on TV with a worldwide audiences they should probably organize their facts better.

Edited by Erik

Yeah but they are doing the same thing on TV as well...I would imagine that should be kept more up to date. They went to the woman twice in the same hour for two separate interviews and Erin Burnett led the interview both times by saying there are two "people of interest" that are possible suspects and the woman had to rebuke her both times. Also they are still running a banner that says two possible suspects are being sought.

EDIT: Upon further listening it sounds like they are confused with the picture of the kids and two separate pictures that the FBI has used to identify suspects at each of the bomb sites in two separate videos from closed circuit cameras on the other side of the street. Still if they are on TV with a worldwide audiences they should probably organize their facts better.

theyve been a disaster. ill respect the first channel to pull the around the clock coverage, only to return for press conferences and 100% confirmed developments.

theyve been a disaster. ill respect the first channel to pull the around the clock coverage, only to return for press conferences and 100% confirmed developments.

The problem with that line of thinking is that it's likely to be Fox, pulling it for "Breaking News: Democrats are Poopy-heads!" or something equally stupid.

(Note: not a political statement. Just a statement of Fox's ass-puckeringly inane brand of reporting.)

Edited by DC Tom

A lot of folks on forums pointing at the brown student, Sunil tripathy, who disappeared a month before the marathon. Wiped his computer, left his phone, wallet, etc... Sketchy note, and just vanished on march 16. Had left school the year prior. Supposed to be very smart, but troubled.

Vague resemblance, and weird story but.... We will have to see if the post runs with it tomorrow.

A lot of folks on forums pointing at the brown student, Sunil tripathy, who disappeared a month before the marathon. Wiped his computer, left his phone, wallet, etc... Sketchy note, and just vanished on march 16. Had left school the year prior. Supposed to be very smart, but troubled.

Vague resemblance, and weird story but.... We will have to see if the post runs with it tomorrow.

Gitmo his ass. He's got a funny name.

You can see that guy on a clip that abc was playing over and over again. I was surprised they kept playing it, imagine being his mother and watching that on tv without knowing about your son.

Well, her finding out now or her finding out later--doesn't change what happened. I know that sounds callous, but I stand by what I said before. His mother, one way or another, is in for some serious grief, but for once, it's not the media's fault.

http://www.bloomberg...-attackers.html

It would take hours before the Bauman family knew what had happened to Jeff. They learned about it the way much of the world did: the grisly image on television of their son being wheeled from the scene, his lower legs destroyed.

He was also the one that was able to give the FBI a description of the bomber.

same article link above...

Just before 3 p.m. on April 15, Bauman was waiting among the crowd for his girlfriend to cross the finish line at the Boston Marathon. A man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked at Jeff, 27, and dropped a bag at his feet, his brother, Chris Bauman, said in an interview.

Looks like it could be him:

There are a couple pics where it's strikingly close, and others not really. When his hair is longer it gives you pause.

The obvious guess is the kid killed himself, and I think that's very likely the case.... but its a weird story I hadn't heard before tonight. Interviews with his friends peg him as VERY strange and circumstances around his disappearance are like what a screenplay for a fictional bombing would sound like. It would make for a heckuva movie of the week, but I'm buying it as a ny post article, not real life.

Thought I'd toss it out the as the news seems to be sourcing leads off discussion boards so it might be talked about soon (though they might show some respect for the family and hold off this time around instead of just going straight sensationalism)