Pats sign Tommy Kelly

boyst

Genius move. This could make a big difference next year. A firm coach like Belicheck who is a defensive master this only spell trouble for AFCEast foes. This guy instantly toughens up an outstanding line and gives the Patriots a valuable tool which will get them far in to the playoffs.

Genius move. This could make a big difference next year. A firm coach like Belicheck who is a defensive master this only spell trouble for AFCEast foes. This guy instantly toughens up an outstanding line and gives the Patriots a valuable tool which will get them far in to the playoffs.

My sarcastameter is going ape ****. Is it time to change its batteries? Or does she continue to serve me well?

Their d-line is their biggest flaw. I know the Pats' CBs are thought of as busts, but I see the lack of quality coverage as resulting, largely, from mediocre d-linemen and pass rushers. Kelly and a solid rusher in the draft would vastly improve their defense, though o-line isn't out of the question in the first for New England.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah...he's not that good. See: Stroud, Marcus.

Pro Bowler for the Pats if they had only given him a chance the first time when we got him, but they were better for cutting him. They got great knowledge from him and let the younger guys play and now have great depth! Pats #1

Well I'd rather have Alan Branch.

Branch's credentials are just as good and he's younger than Kelly.

Branch might be the right guy for the bills, but kelly is the right guy for the pats. Belichick loves vets and he don't care if they're over 30... in fact, for him it's a prerequisite.

This is a lot like the time they signed Albert Haynesworth and traded for Chad 85. They were such great moves to trade for washed up players on the decline. The genius Belicheat hasn't turned too many of these washed up players into gold lately. Even with Kelly the Raider run defense wasn't any good in fact it was very poor despite the fact that Richard Seymour was there.

Meh.

The *Pats haven't had a good D in years. You want me to believe Tom K. is going to be a difference maker?

If the Bills signed him, they would be ridiculed. Pats sign him and they are geniuses and we are doomed. Good god, make it stop.

QFT. The Patriots have not exactly been the hallmark of the greatest personnel moves over the last few years, and its evident in their inability to get to the Super Bowl. Tom Brady is a sensational athlete, but the Patriot organization is not infallible as the media portrays it to be. Personally, I am ambivalent about it, and I hope the OP was being sarcastic lol