David Nelson to visit the Browns (update - now signed)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a professional football player that has a hot Dallas cheerleader girlfriend. (or at least he did)

I think we should spread the wealth with the "best wishes".

Just kidding. I hope he does well and Cleveland too for that matter.

He is a professional football player that has a hot Dallas cheerleader girlfriend. (or at least he did)

I think we should spread the wealth with the "best wishes".

Just kidding. I hope he does well and Cleveland too for that matter.

Best of luck in relative terms I guess. Good to see he is still in the league and will get a chance to carve out a career in the league. Still think we should have kept him but I at least see the logic in not bringing him back.

Good news for Nelson, congrats to him on finding a job and best of luck.

At the same time, though, releasing Nelson still seems puzzling to me. The tender wasn't extremely high priced, and now the Bills will have to spend more draft picks on WRs. Not necessarily a bad thing considering the depth of this WR class, but it doesn't hurt to stock talent on a roster devoid of it in the skill positions

TJ Graham and Brad Smith both scare me :(

Good news for Nelson, congrats to him on finding a job and best of luck.

At the same time, though, releasing Nelson still seems puzzling to me. The tender wasn't extremely high priced, and now the Bills will have to spend more draft picks on WRs. Not necessarily a bad thing considering the depth of this WR class, but it doesn't hurt to stock talent on a roster devoid of it in the skill positions

TJ Graham and Brad Smith both scare me :(

Ive never been a big fan of brad smith, but I really think TJ can produce with a QB who can throw a decent deep ball

No he wasn't.

He was right about 2011 statistically (wrong about 2010, of course). Maybe I'll catch some flak, but I thought Nelson was our second most talented receiver (not exactly a ringing endorsement considering our WR corps but still). I'm surprised we didn't keep him. I hope that Doug made this call and not Buddy.

He was right about 2011 statistically (wrong about 2010, of course). Maybe I'll catch some flak, but I thought Nelson was our second most talented receiver (not exactly a ringing endorsement considering our WR corps but still). I'm surprised we didn't keep him. I hope that Doug made this call and not Buddy.

Very very good point. I would have more confidence in team decisions if they come from the new blood rather then the old (Nix).