Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Here is another draft "expert" Josh Norris, Rotoworld's top analyst who is not part of the "consensus" and that is clearly another "outlier" who believes that Nassib will be the first Qb taken in this year's draft.

Hold on, it's all beginning to make sense now. I think 1billsfan is on to something. Rotoworld is owned by..... Wait for it......

NBC.

NBC is THE epitome of the mainstream media.

First it was the conservatives who were being unfairly targeted by the mainstream media, but now the mainstream media have set their sights elsewhere. No longer are they setting their goals so low to target only politics, but now sports as well, and Buffalo is now their main target. Yes, Buffalo. Buffalo = Conservatives. Now the mainstream media will do everything in their power, which is to get in the minds of Sports Illustrated, NFL Films, NFL GM's, ESPN employees and others to somehow give the illusion that Nassib should be selected by the Bills, so that they can trick the Bills into selecting Nassib, all in order to tear them down.

Don't mess with the mainstream media, or they'll come after your favorite football team too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important hire was not a Syracuse guy, it was Pettine. Two of the three coordinator jobs were not Cuse guys. Of the main position coaches, WR and OL were not, RB was. DL and LB were not, DB was. It was about one third. That is not unusual or more than any new coach would hire as far as bringing in guys he worked with.

I'm talking specifically about OC and Special teams. Two highly questionable hires. They were brought in because they were his buddies and not because they were the best available for the job. You will see when they take Nassib at 8, a player that is without a doubt a project and not an immediate starter, that Marrone is more about loyalty than doing what's best for the team

I'm talking specifically about OC and Special teams. Two highly questionable hires. They were brought in because they were his buddies and not because they were the best available for the job. You will see when they take Nassib at 8, a player that is without a doubt a project and not an immediate starter, that Marrone is more about loyalty than doing what's best for the team

You said Syracuse guys. Crossman is not a Syracuse guy. He's also been a good ST coach in the NFL. He may not be your first choice but he's HIGHLY qualified and has had some excellent results. It would be unusual and disconcerting if he hired all kinds of guys he didn't know.

Crossman will enter his 11th year as an NFL coach in 2013 and ninth as a special teams coordinator.

From 2010-12, Crossman presided over the Detroit Lions’ special teams unit after seven years with the Carolina Panthers (2003-09), including the final five as their special teams coordinator. Crossman entered the NFL with Carolina in 2003 as a special teams assistant while also assisting the team’s strength and conditioning program.

In 2012, Lions K Jason Hanson posted a career-high and set a franchise record with 134 points. During Crossman’s tenure with Detroit from 2010-12, S John Wendling tied for the NFL-lead with 51 special teams tackles.

In his first year with the Lions in 2010, the kick return unit was the third-most improved in the League with an average 3.5 more yards per return than in 2009. Returner Stefan Logan posted the fifth-best punt return average in the NFL (12.1). Detroit also had the NFL’s 10th-most significant improvement in punt return average in 2010 – a jump from an 8.8 punt return average in 2009 to 12.1 yards per punt return in 2010.

During Crossman’s stint with the Panthers from 2003-09, the team’s kicking and cover groups contributed to the team’s success which included three playoff appearances (2003, 2005 and 2008), two NFC South titles in 2003 and 2008. The Panthers also finished with at least eight wins in five of those seven years.

The Panthers ranked third in the NFL in 2008 with an opponent average drive start after kickoffs (24.7) and were one of three teams that did not allow an opponent to start a drive following a kickoff past the 50-yard line. Carolina posted a league-best 30 touchbacks, 33.7 touchback percentage and ninth with an opponent kickoff return average (21.9).

In his first year as a special teams coordinator in 2005, Crossman’s unit ranked among the best in the NFL. The Panthers finished ninth in the Dallas Morning News special teams ratings which were highlighted with a second place finish in punt coverage and seventh in kickoff coverage. Crossman helped guide P Jason Baker to set the franchise record in net punting average in both 2005 (38.9) and 2006 (39.0). In both years, Baker’s net punting average was first in the NFC and third in the NFL. From 2005-09, Baker ranked eighth in the NFL with a combined net punting average of 38.0.

Great work by Tim Graham here:

http://blogs.buffalo...yan-nassib.html

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

To think the Bills would pursue a college coach with a package deal in mind should be terrifying to fans. Pinning a franchise's dreams on any college player is shaky. To have identified somebody because your new head coach is familiar with him is flimsier.

Graham makes a huge leap here that the hiring of Marrone was a package deal with Nassib. But if indeed there was some kind of package deal, then it is because Marrone absolutely believes that Nassib is that talented. Grahams entire thought process in this blog entry just seems flawed to me.

I couldn't possibly disagree more.

Graham makes a huge leap here that the hiring of Marrone was a package deal with Nassib. But if indeed there was some kind of package deal, then it is because Marrone absolutely believes that Nassib is that talented. Grahams entire thought process in this blog entry just seems flawed to me.

DING. DING. DING.

Additional thoughts on the matter above

Here is another draft "expert" Josh Norris, Rotoworld's top analyst who is not part of the "consensus" and that is clearly another "outlier" who believes that Nassib will be the first Qb taken in this year's draft.

Hold on, it's all beginning to make sense now. I think 1billsfan is on to something. Rotoworld is owned by..... Wait for it......

NBC.

NBC is THE epitome of the mainstream media.

First it was the conservatives who were being unfairly targeted by the mainstream media, but now the mainstream media have set their sights elsewhere. No longer are they setting their goals so low to target only politics, but now sports as well, and Buffalo is now their main target. Yes, Buffalo. Buffalo = Conservatives. Now the mainstream media will do everything in their power, which is to get in the minds of Sports Illustrated, NFL Films, NFL GM's, ESPN employees and others to somehow give the illusion that Nassib should be selected by the Bills, so that they can trick the Bills into selecting Nassib, all in order to tear them down.

Don't mess with the mainstream media, or they'll come after your favorite football team too.

I don't get the personal attacks. We're just discussing opinions here and I've been backing my opinions up with links. I'm not trying to hurt anyones feelings or get anyone angry. This board should be above this stuff, really.

As for Josh Norris I've been following the guy on twitter since the combine. That Nassib #8 to Buffalo was a prediction not a player ranking (just read that on his twitter). In fact, he didn't include any QBs in his top 100 player ranking because it was so hard to predict in that format. Instead he did a separate ranking for QBs in which he had Nassib as the 5th best QB behind Wilson, Smith, Dyster and Glennon.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/42933/325/qb-rankings-top-15

So by that ranking you've got to figure he thinks Nassib is a late 2nd/3rd round prospect. I'm looking at player rankings, not predictions.

If Marrone is willing to bet his NFL career that Nassib is a franchise qb, then he goes at 8.

This has been my thinking all along. Marrone did a brief stint in the pros himself, coached at the professional level, was Drew Brees' OC on playoff teams, then coached Nassib for four years in college. If he knows enough to hitch his wagon to Nassib, then who are we to question his conviction?

If Marrone is willing to bet his NFL career that Nassib is a franchise qb, then he goes at 8.

Thats the great thing about the rookie cap. You dont have to invest that much money. No one has to "risk" their career.

If the QB doesnt work out then you can always draft another one.

CBF

I am going to absolutely hate it if the Bills act as if this is the final class of QBs to ever enter the NFL. Do not overvalue any of these QBs, including Nassib, especially if they're not going to start this season.

This all points to the ultimate failings of Buddy Nix in the past few years. Cannot wait until he's the Bills' ex-GM.

I'd like a blue chipper too. HoweverI don't see a blue chipper in this draft. But, I do see a lot of solid players and I do see Nassib as good fit with the Bills and especially coaching staff.

DING. DING. DING.

Additional thoughts on the matter above

Yeah, it was a bad piece. The logic seems to be that since Marrone was at Syracuse, a Bills' pick of Nassib would be bad. Moreover, he uses some bizarre logic - the Bills would be hiring a QB instead of a coach (wtf??). That's nuts. What he doesn't address in the piece is whether Nassib is any good or not. That's because he doesn't know enough to hold forth on that issue. Which means he shouldn't be addressing the topic at all.

Edited by dave mcbride

Yeah, it was a bad piece. The logic seems to be that since Marrone was at Syracuse, a Bills' pick of Nassib would be bad. Moreover, he uses some bizarre logic - the Bills would be hiring a QB instead of a coach (wtf??). That's nuts. What he doesn't address in the piece is whether Nassib is any good or not. That's because he doesn't know enough to hold forth on that issue. Which means he shouldn't be addressing the topic at all.

I disagree. Marrone is a person from Syracuse that Brandon is involved with. He hired him and his OC, and who knows who else he will bring in from this not so great program?

Look at the number of posts in the Barkley thread and compare the numbers in the Nassib thread. Regional faves can sell tickets.

I think that TG's article makes sense.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I disagree. Marrone is a person from Syracuse that Brandon is involved with. He hired him and his OC, and who knows who else he will bring in from this not so great program?

Look at the number of posts in the Barkley thread and compare the numbers in the Nassib thread. Reigonal faves can sell tickets.

I think that TG's article makes sense.

I'm sorry, but I still think you're reaching with this argument. The number of posts in the Nassib thread is a function of the amount of speculation that the Bills will take him, which is all based upon the Marrone/Hackett connection.

Once again I tell you: winning sells tickets, and everyone, literally everyone, realizes it. The Bills' problem is not that they don't want to win, it's that, historically, they haven't gone about it the right way.