Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

Is it funny because you disagree? Or is it funny for a different reason. I have seen a few mocks with Nassib going to the Chiefs #1. At this point it is a guessing game and the "mocks" get more and more accurate as these people work their contacts. I watched a lot of Nassib and think he can turn into a good NFL qb. I also have seen alot of Geno Smith as well as others. Nobody in this class has separated themselves so people are going to have varying opinions. Add in that QB is such a vital position and it isn't a far stretch to think the top rated player at the most important position would be rated #1.

But go ahead continue on your anti-Nassib crusade. If you feel he isn't going to be good that's all fine and well we won't know until this fall. As for Russ Lande - he has worked in the NFL (the big knock on Kiper and McShay) and works for a national publication (Sporting News). He may know a thing or 2 more about scouting than you fwiw (not saying you can't disagree with him).

I think the "guessing" isn't guessing at all. I think they work their contacts and find out who will go where and that is how they are accurate. Talent assesment (as you pointed out) is the key trait to look for in these prognosticators. I don't care where players are slotted I care about their talent, projection to the next level, etc.. Mayock is very good in this regard and I actually also used to enjoy Lande (when I had a subscription to sporting news before their service went wonky).

I have seen only one--Russ Lande's. Most everyone else is commenting on Lande saying Nassib will go #1.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t follow college football. Never heard of Ryan Nassib until after the Bills hired Marrone as their head coach.

The National Football Post < http://www.nationalf...otballpost.com> lists Nassib as number one on their list of top 200 draft prospects.

I don’t know how much faith to put in their rankings. But if he is that good, maybe the Bills should take him at number 8. If they believe he is the answer, don’t risk losing him to someone else.

meanwhile in other mock drafts we have nassib going in the 4th round...................lets just dial back the nassibmania a tad please.

brownsb_logo.gif Cleveland Browns: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse Syracuse_logo.gif pick 101

New regimes mean new quarterbacks, so even if Michael Lombardi trades for Ryan Mallett, as discussed earlier, he could spend a mid-round selection on a developmental signal-caller.

• 2 weeks later...

Mayock foresees a post-combine climb up the draft boards for Nassib:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/mayock-sees-a-post-combine-climb-for-nassib/

“When coaches get involved,” Mayock explained, “they’re going to fall in love with his work ethic and intelligence.”

Mayock compared Nassib to Kirk Cousins in 2012 and Andy Dalton in 2013, both of whom have good but not great physical attributes but who impress coaches with their brains and their willingness to roll up their sleeves and work.

Mayock foresees a post-combine climb up the draft boards for Nassib:

http://profootballta...imb-for-nassib/

“When coaches get involved,” Mayock explained, “they’re going to fall in love with his work ethic and intelligence.”

Mayock compared Nassib to Kirk Cousins in 2012 and Andy Dalton in 2013, both of whom have good but not great physical attributes but who impress coaches with their brains and their willingness to roll up their sleeves and work.

When you hear a QB being touted because of "work ethic" and "intelligence", you just know it's code for a "successful white college QB with very little speed and athleticism"...LOL Nassib is NOT a franchise QB. He's one dimensional and NFL defenses eat that up like nobody's business.

The Bills should ignore Mike "I have serious man-love for Blaine Gabbert" Mayock and draft a guy who has the size, speed, athleticism, AND leadership, AND work ethic, AND mental toughness for the job...

...google "Want to Turn Your NFL Franchise Around? Look No Further Than EJ Manuel" for the bleacher report article. It's a very good one which unfortunately can't be linked due to TSW rules here.

Edited by 1billsfan

In all fairness, Nassib has been slowly climbing the rankings on the list. In some cases, even higher than Tyler Wilson, who completely outperformed him during the Senior Bowl.

Is it inflation? Is it all speculation leading up to the combine? Yes to both. Either way, he's still not worth a #8 pick, but maybe worth trading back for.

I have no problem with Nassib in the 2nd.

If we trade down in the first, grab Ogletree and extra 2nd/3rd

Nassib and 2 LB's and a WR.

4-7 OL and DB depth

Ogletree just got a DUI this weekend, guys a great talent but way to many charagter issues. We need a 3-4 linebacker now in the first(Jordan/Mingo/Jones) and get a QB for the future in the second. Personally I like the Bray kid from Tennesse big talent needs work though. Marrone has obviously decided to bridge the QB gap with Fitz? If I hear with the 8th pick in the draft the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Nassib, I AM DONE!!!!! I will be picking up my new Browns jersey the next week, i just hope Marrone is smarter than that, we need LB's and WR's in this draft.

Ogletree just got a DUI this weekend, guys a great talent but way to many charagter issues. We need a 3-4 linebacker now in the first(Jordan/Mingo/Jones) and get a QB for the future in the second. Personally I like the Bray kid from Tennesse big talent needs work though. Marrone has obviously decided to bridge the QB gap with Fitz? If I hear with the 8th pick in the draft the Buffalo Bills select Ryan Nassib, I AM DONE!!!!! I will be picking up my new Browns jersey the next week, i just hope Marrone is smarter than that, we need LB's and WR's in this draft.

Nobody knows Ryan Nassib better then our HC so If we pick him 8th its because Marrone believes he can win with Nassib behind center.

Something we havent done much of here lately just in case you haven't noticed.

meanwhile in other mock drafts we have nassib going in the 4th round...................lets just dial back the nassibmania a tad please.

brownsb_logo.gifCleveland Browns: Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse Syracuse_logo.gif pick 101

New regimes mean new quarterbacks, so even if Michael Lombardi trades for Ryan Mallett, as discussed earlier, he could spend a mid-round selection on a developmental signal-caller.

:nana:

Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib reminds the NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah of Ryan Fitzpatrick coming out of Harvard.

"Brilliant flashes but a little too jumpy/inconsistent," Jeremiah tweeted. "Some really good throws sandwiched around several head scratchers. Like riding an accuracy roller-coaster." Bills fans certainly won;t be please about the comparison to the quarterback they are hoping to replace."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/130325/ryan-nassib

Syracuse QB Ryan Nassib reminds the NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah of Ryan Fitzpatrick coming out of Harvard.

"Bills fans certainly won't be pleased about the comparison to the quarterback they are hoping to replace."

http://www.rotoworld...325/ryan-nassib

Hmmm, he certainly knows how to hit a nerve/generate traffic.

All of the QBs in this draft class seem to have the "inconsistent" label attached to them. When they take a QB, they have to take one they feel they can actually get more consistent. Nassib does seem to have better footwork and a stronger arm than fitz, but the inconsistent performance can't be denied. I do feel Nassib would be an upgrade, but it would be nice to get something that is better than just an "upgrade" and a QB that will be a real difference maker.

I dont want buffalo to draft this kid at all...but nassib ability to "sling"" the football cannot be compared to fitz....picksgarbage cant even throw a accurate 10 yard pass let alone put some spin on it...nassib has a knock on him that he just puts to much on it sometimes....he doesnt poses a cannon of a arm but he does have more then enough to succeed in the nfl arm strenght wise

Edited by Hotpockets28

Ah... stay tuned. See what he writes after the combine. Bet he does an about face.

Maybe Buddy's up to his old tricks, strategically planting misinformation under writers noses and they're taking the bait. All so Buddy can get him at 41.