Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Nassib aint a Bill

2) Why the hell would PFW name Nassib their 1st team All America, whose selections are soley based on a how a player's skill set translates to the pro game? Yeah, the pre-emininent football Pro Fooball writers came to a consensus on that.

3) This football team won 6 games with Fitz, not once, but twice, with him starting 32 games in total. Do you not think Nassib or any other QB could not do the same damn thing?

4) No one thought Tannehill would do s#it. He didn't even deserve to be the 8th pick and the Dolphins were doomed. Tannehill didn't even have a full two years as a college starter. Guess what... Dolphins are better than the Bills.

The old schoolers need a wake up call. The game is changing while you're bitching. It ain't about just one player It's about getting the right organization, the right HC, the right caoches, the right 53. If Nassib gets here, it will be because he belongs here. If not, it will be someone else who is a better fit.

I knew he would be good and said about a million times, just saying.

We will draft one of the following at 8:

T Luke Joeckel

DE/OLB Barkaveious Mingo

OLB Jarvis Jones

NT Jonathan Hankins

QB Matt Barkley

CB Dee Milliner

DE/OLB Damontre Moore

Nassib will not shoot up to the top 10. He will be there in round 2 or 3.

They will not over-draft a QB, and at no point have they said that they will over draft for one. They have proven that they stick to there board. They will, however, trade up for one they like.

I think they will most definitely over-draft a qb. Nix has already said he is going to get a qb and he is desperate. They are going to get one and my guess is they reach for one with their first or second pick. Look at what Denver did to get Tebow a few years back. Teams go coo coo for quarterbacks

Yeah Utterly ridiculous...How so?

The Bills already stated they will be drafting a QB in this draft to replace Fitz. You really do not think they will be taking Nassib after grabbing Syracuse HC and OC? Not to mention he is one of the top 5 QBs listed in most mocks going in the 2nd round mainly.

We just hired a coach and offensive coordinator from a sub par college program that went 25-25. Maybe not status quo, but they did not make the splash to take a proven winner in the NFL in Lovie (who also wanted to come here). I personally see no improvement in this team and it saddens me.

I would not hold that record of being .500 against him. I am not saying this is going to work out for the Bills but when Marone took over SU he took over an absolute mess & I mean Syracuse was one of the four or five worst teams in all of D1A college football. Robinson made a mess of the program. In fact, going 25-25 after the mess he took over should be commended.

T Luke Joeckel

DE/OLB Barkaveious Mingo

OLB Jarvis Jones

NT Jonathan Hankins

QB Matt Barkley

CB Dee Milliner

DE/OLB Damontre Moore

They will not over-draft a QB, and at no point have they said that they will over draft for one. They have proven that they stick to there board. They will, however, trade up for one they like.

I heard on the radio that Jarvis Jones will be a serious liability vs the run. I'm sorry to all the Jones fans out there, but if this is true I doubt very much the Bills will draft Jones.

As for Barkley, the dude is hurt an awful lot. Not only that but it's been said his arm isn't that strong. I don't think Barkley's in the Bills' plans for that 1st round pick.

I think Warmack should be on the list for that #8 pick, especially since our head coach is a former offensive lineman.

T Luke Joeckel

DE/OLB Barkaveious Mingo

OLB Jarvis Jones

NT Jonathan Hankins

QB Matt Barkley

CB Dee Milliner

DE/OLB Damontre Moore

If this coaching staff sees something in Nassib I am ok with drafting him if he is there in the 3rd. No earlier.

I would actually like Glennon or Barkley in the 1st AND Nassib in the 3rd. A little insurance policy

I actually wouldn't be surprised if a team waaaaay over reaches for Nassib or his stock plummets after the fan fare of the pinstripe bowl dies down.

T Luke Joeckel

DE/OLB Barkaveious Mingo

OLB Jarvis Jones

NT Jonathan Hankins

QB Matt Barkley

CB Dee Milliner

DE/OLB Damontre Moore

Glad you are so sure you can predict the future, can I get this weeks Lotto numbers?

Exact quote from Buddy Nix "If you like a guy in the 2nd, you'd better drab him in the first." Based on what Buddy said, it sure sounds to me like he plans on grabbing the guy he likes with their first pick, assuming that a guy they like is still available at 8. We will see.

He seems to lift his back foot off the ground as he follows through on every pass--like a pitcher. It's odd.

It's the most noticeable thing about his delivery. Don't recall many passers with that style ...

It's the most noticeable thing about his delivery. Don't recall many passers with that style ...

I have seen Aaron Rodgers throw off-balance, mid-hop, falling down, etc., with great degree of success. He is the exception...not the rule, but Nassib has a very awkward pocket presence about him that doesn't sit well with me.

I'm very much excited about this upcoming season as I was years past. Doug Marrone seems like a solid coach, and his coordinators are much of the same. However, there is strong potential the Bills draft Ryan Nassib which I am deeply concerned about. Bills fans have already gone through the past 3 years with a coach that showed incompetence largely due to his fascination with a QB. In the NFL, a coaches destiny is tied tightly to the quarterback position and if Doug Marrone brings Ryan Nassib, we will see many similiarities from Chan Gailey's tenure. I hope Ryan Nassib can be a franchise quarterback. I hope Doug Marrone can be a successful coach for the Bills. I just don't see anything about Nassib that leads me to believe he can be that franchise quarterback for Doug Marrone and the Buffalo Bills.

Now we don;t want to draft him because he lifts up his foot on his follow through? Does it matter if the pass was completed or not?

Seems like people are trying pretty hard not to like this kid.

No, it's just commentary on his throwing motion which could affect how he plays in the NFL. Have you dissected the quality of his passes when he lifted the leg vs when he did not? From my cursory view, there was a difference.

I watched a couple of Wilson's games on youtube (Rutgers and LSU) and he looks to be the very definition of a first read "dink and dunk" college system passer. He's this year's Blaine Gabbert. I just don't understand what people here like about this guy. To me, he's a backup QB at most in the NFL. You have to have proven that you can go through progressions and throw the deep ball on a consistent basis to even be considered as a future elite QB in the NFL which is what we are all looking for in our QB pick in the draft. Someone show me a game where he's done that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDt6saeTxHM

try this out, As Ive said, I get to see a lot of SEC games, and this kid does indeed have a nice deep ball. I counted at least 5 passes where the ball travel 45 yds or more in the air and hits the WR in stride.