Ryan Nassib - QB - Syracuse

some more, but actually from marrone:

QUOTE TO NOTE: "No words can really put it into perspective. I am not a very good story teller, I love him and am so proud of him. He really worked extremely hard on his development in my mind we haven't even seen the best of Ryan Nassib. His development is going to take off and I truly believe that from what I have seen." Syracuse coach Doug Marrone, on the leadership of senior quarterback Ryan Nassib - The Sports Xchange

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83838&draftyear=2013&genpos=qb

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping the Bills take Nassib at 8. For two reasons:

1.) because that would signify to me that Marrone and Hackett truly believe he can be the man and that would be exciting.

2.) because this board would be so hilarious with all of the hissy fits and doom and gloom. All the self proclaimed experts guaranteeing that he will suck and they are done with the Bills.

I'd be surprised if Nassib comes off the board before our pick in the 3rd. There are a lot of QBs in the draft who compare favorably with him. I know the trend of the last 2 yrs has been to take QBs early, but if Russell Wilson, Cousins, & Foles can fall to the 3rd & 4th rounds I'm sure this guy, or someone similar will be there in the 3rd.

in just this one game, there is alot to like there.....a solid 2nd round pick.....

PRO's- quick, strong, compact release. very accurate. average mobility.

CON's- ball comes out a little low.

NOTES- his offensive line looked weak and his WR's dropped alot of balls that were catchable in the NFL.

draft him in the 2nd and someone else in the 1st....that's right....i want two fresh faces.

really that's what you get from a 5 sack, two fumble, two ints (could have easily been four) game where the majority of his throws were short passes over the middle- also had a couple ground balls, a couple of bad misses and a couple times he hung out his WRs to take big hits- Fitz would be crucified ( and rightfully so) for that game.- also Nassib hops around, pats the ball and has a low release point for someone 6,3 - you can make excuses that the Oline broke down and his WRs dropped balls but that is what Fitz faces too.

Highlights against USC looks worse. Maybe because it's lack of talent around him? I have no clue but I'm still not impressed.

His feet never sets before throwing, he's been watching too many Petyon Manning tapes. Lol

I'd be surprised if Nassib comes off the board before our pick in the 3rd. There are a lot of QBs in the draft who compare favorably with him. I know the trend of the last 2 yrs has been to take QBs early, but if Russell Wilson, Cousins, & Foles can fall to the 3rd & 4th rounds I'm sure this guy, or someone similar will be there in the 3rd.

Why not wait until the 6th round. Brady and Romo fell to the 6th round. I'm sure somebody just as good will be there this year.

in just this one game, there is alot to like there.....a solid 2nd round pick.....

PRO's- quick, strong, compact release. very accurate. average mobility.

CON's- ball comes out a little low.

NOTES- his offensive line looked weak and his WR's dropped alot of balls that were catchable in the NFL.

draft him in the 2nd and someone else in the 1st....that's right....i want two fresh faces.

Does this mean an another year of Fitz? Yikes!

Does this mean an another year of Fitz? Yikes!

fitz is gone.....he will never see his early march bonus.....

I have a feeling we are going to pick him at number 8 and that is REALLY reaching. All signs pointing to it. I might suggest trading our pick for another team's first and 2nd and falling back a few spots in the 1st

they may use the 8th pick on a QB...but it won't be nassib...

Not saying I'm sold on Nassib by any means, but when I watch his play vs. #9 Louisville and Missouri (hostile crowd), I see accuracy, decisiveness, toughness, pretty good vision, good touch on the ball and more than adequate mobility. In 2012, had 21 TDs and 7 INTs. Good size at 6'3", 227. We'll see how he does in the Senior Bowl.

Why would his HC and OC need to see how he does in the Senior Bowl?

I am hoping the Bills take Nassib at 8. For two reasons:

1.) because that would signify to me that Marrone and Hackett truly believe he can be the man and that would be exciting.

2.) because this board would be so hilarious with all of the hissy fits and doom and gloom. All the self proclaimed experts guaranteeing that he will suck and they are done with the Bills.

At 8? When he has a 3rd rd grade? I wouldn't trust you to serve me fries.

third is a little generous, especially when you consider the type of player we can grab there. i thought id be ok with a 4th rounder for the kid. i could live with a third. I just think we can find a guy that can add depth at cb,lb,te,ol,rb at that point in the draft. a guy that will stay on the team a bit longer. a guy who sucks less.

nassib does have quite the quick release and seems like a cannon for an arm. his accuracy is average at best. even that first pass in that rutgers video he almost gets his wide open wr slaughtered. in the nfl that wr dies from a db who is 2 steps faster than that rutgers kid. im not a fan. wouldnt be furious with him in the 3rd. we are in serious trouble taking him in the first. i would rather another cb or rb...seriously. if we reach for any position in the draft it should be a lb or any other qb

Team's have been reaching for QB's the last few years. Look at Tannehill last year. Supposed to be 2nd or 3rd rd and ends up going #7 to Miami. Ended up working out well for them too. I wouldn't be surprised if we go for him at 8, but knowing that we are using our 1st on him I would hope they will do everything they can to trade back a few picks and maybe pick up another pick and still get our guy regardless

QUOTE TO NOTE: "No words can really put it into perspective. I am not a very good story teller, I love him and am so proud of him. He really worked extremely hard on his development in my mind we haven't even seen the best of Ryan Nassib. His development is going to take off and I truly believe that from what I have seen." Syracuse coach Doug Marrone, on the leadership of senior quarterback Ryan Nassib - The Sports Xchange

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630528/ryan-nassib

Wow after watching that USC game I'm more concerned about Marrone's ability to coach an offensive line than I was about Nassib as a QB. Those tackles were getting blown off the line every play forcing the QB into the DTs. WRs had a ton of drops and blown assignments and the the RB could not get a chip block in to save his life.

Are you seriously comparing the talent levels of a then-No. 1 ranked team in the nation to a second tier school in the northeast?

PS - I also didn't see enough on tape that shows a first round talent from Nassib, but that has little to do with the guys around him. If anything it should lift his stature given the big gulf in roster composition.

Edited by GG

http://www.cbssports...528/ryan-nassib

I will say that coachability can go a long way. This is alot different than work ethic or toughness. I don't know what Nassib looked like as a freshman or year to year. If his improvement grade is significant year to year at Syracuse, there is no reason to think he cannot make the improvements to become a viable pro QB. I will say based on his current talent level, he seems to be not that great, and need of a lot of developement.

Edited by Mango

I did not say I think he is worth the pick. I am not a scout and don't pretend to be.

My point is pretty simple:

If the HC and OC who have coached him for 3 yrs+ believe he can be successful in the NFL and would like to have him run their offense, it would not surprise me to see those people draft him with the 8th pick rather than play games trying to trade down and risk having someone else draft him before the Bills can.

The next 4 months are going to be very interesting with tons of speculation. Nobody knows what will happen. The "3rd round grade" you are referring to is quite random and irrelevant at this time. There is a ton of disagreement amongst the draft 'experts' with regards to the QBs in this draft. We've seen guys like Glennon graded as 4-5 or even 6th round picks and then some rumor comes out that the Bills like him and suddenly he is coming up with 1st round grades. I even saw a mock that had him going to KC at #1. It is laughable. I'm not going to get all worked up about it. If the Bills take him at 8 I will be excited because it will mean that Marrone and Hackett feel that he is good enough to stake their careers on and they should be the ones to know.

I did not say I think he is worth the pick. I am not a scout and don't pretend to be.

My point is pretty simple:

If the HC and OC who have coached him for 3 yrs+ believe he can be successful in the NFL and would like to have him run their offense, it would not surprise me to see those people draft him with the 8th pick rather than play games trying to trade down and risk having someone else draft him before the Bills can.

The next 4 months are going to be very interesting with tons of speculation. Nobody knows what will happen. The "3rd round grade" you are referring to is quite random and irrelevant at this time. There is a ton of disagreement amongst the draft 'experts' with regards to the QBs in this draft. We've seen guys like Glennon graded as 4-5 or even 6th round picks and then some rumor comes out that the Bills like him and suddenly he is coming up with 1st round grades. I even saw a mock that had him going to KC at #1. It is laughable. I'm not going to get all worked up about it. If the Bills take him at 8 I will be excited because it will mean that Marrone and Hackett feel that he is good enough to stake their careers on and they should be the ones to know.

Very well said, Maddog :thumbsup: