Who Are You Down on More? Sabres or Bills?

chaccof

2007?

I guess that game 1 of the first round I attended against the Bruins in 2010 was my imagination. :doh:

It has to be the Bills though. The Sabres have had some good to great seasons since 2000 including two somewhat recent trips to the eastern conference finals.

The Bills haven't played for the conference championship in almost 20 years.

Sabres. I can see Buddy Nix leaving the Bills soon, but I have no idea when the Sabres will get rid of Darcy. As long as he is making personnel decisions the Sabres are destined to mediocrity and the perpetual drive to 8th place. Hockey Limbo.

Edited by PastaJoe

with seemingly every other city that has professional sports franchises at some point having their Championship seasons, special memories of winning it all, Buffalo with both Bills and Sabres like a hand full of other such places, Cleveland for example, endures a endless cycle of also rans, , close but no cigar, or flat out terrible. In this this don't differentiate between either team, both hugely disappointing to extend where it would have been unthinkable of missing a game, personally have become apathetic of teams and more often if a better entertainment option is available will choose it. 72 years old now, believe I a patient person, but simply feel worn out waiting, still hope from year to year, but with no yardstick that would justify success by either, the enthusiasm just not present.

Neither. If I add in the Mets it's just one continuous, never-ending pile of suckitude. I'm numb it to.

I hear ya, been a fan of the Bills, Mets and Sabres for over 40 years. One Championship in over 120 years of fandum combined, the 1986 Mets.

Sabres. I see the Bills taking positive strides (at least in my opinion) while the Sabres are perhaps the biggest disappointment in the entire NHL.

Doesn't it almost always seem like the Bills are taking positive steps though? Seriously. For over a decade, it has seemed that way but it never pans out.

Doesn't it almost always seem like the Bills are taking positive steps though? Seriously. For over a decade, it has seemed that way but it never pans out.

Right! Part of what makes them such a monumental disappointment. I mean who would have imagined that you could add one of the upper tier defensive linemen in an off-season, and have your offense be worse than the year before?

I hear ya, been a fan of the Bills, Mets and Sabres for over 40 years. One Championship in over 120 years of fandum combined, the 1986 Mets.

Funny. Same here. Only my Tar Heels (championships in '82, '93, '05 and '09) have kept me from being a complete loser.

Yeah, it does seem that way, I can't disagree.

2007?

I guess that game 1 of the first round I attended against the Bruins in 2010 was my imagination. :doh:

It has to be the Bills though. The Sabres have had some good to great seasons since 2000 including two somewhat recent trips to the eastern conference finals.

I completely F'ed that up:

Season GP W L OTL Pts GF GA Finish Playoffs 2007–08 82 39 31 12 90 255 242 4th, Northeast Did not qualify 2008–09 82 41 32 9 91 250 234 3rd, Northeast Did not qualify 2009–10 82 45 27 10 100 235 207 1st, Northeast Lost in Conference Quarterfinals, 2-4 (Bruins) 2010–11 82 43 29 10 96 245 229 3rd, Northeast Lost in Conference Quarterfinals, 3-4 (Flyers) 2011–12 82 39 32 11 89 218 230 3rd, Northeast Did not qualify

Thanks for keeping me honest....either way, it still sucks...

Sabres. They're at the start of their tear down before rebuilding process. I think they are farther away from turning things around as it seems that it usually takes longer in the NHL. The Bills just need to find a QB, the rest will take care of itself.

Just a quarterback. Great, they are all set :doh:

Neither. If I add in the Mets it's just one continuous, never-ending pile of suckitude. I'm numb it to.

It can get better, I add in The Orioles to my mix. Last season was such a breath of fresh air after they have sucked for so long.

But I have to go with the Sabres out of the two choices. In so many ways they are the anti Bills, Sabres have a relatively new building, a owner with deep pockets, a place where hockey players LIKE the weather and have gone down the drain in dramatic fashion. Not even the dramatic late season heroic rush for the playoffs only to fail looks like it's going to happen this year.

2007?

I wish that whole playoff series was my imagination. If I remember right thats when Derrick Roy showed his true colors and btw he got traded again today.

Sabres- I thought we were turning the corner 2 years ago when Pegula came on board. We had some good young talent in place, great goaltending and we made what seemed like some good free agent picks ups for some top money- the like of which the Sabres don't typically spend. Pegula has the deep pockets to make it happen. Yet, now we are starting over with a new coach, management (geez- this sounds like the Bills) and on the verge of a firesale. I had high hopes for Sabres. The big difference is the much more stable ownership with Pegula. On the plus side, the Sabres can make a quicker turnaround, I believe.