Who Are You Down on More? Sabres or Bills?

chaccof

It's hard to believe that both major league teams in WNY haven't made the playoffs in years. Certainly in pure terms of years, the Bills are more pathetic at this point, but geez, not making the NHL playoffs since 2007 in a league where it seems almost every team makes the playoffs is pretty sad too....My vote's on the Sabre's - they have a longer season, have more time to make adjustments and an owner that seems to want to invest in the team....

Sabres. They're at the start of their tear down before rebuilding process. I think they are farther away from turning things around as it seems that it usually takes longer in the NHL. The Bills just need to find a QB, the rest will take care of itself.

Bills cause I live in NJ and I'm not a Sabres fan. Although if the question was broadened to who upsets you more your hockey team or the Bills. Then my hockey team would def win this year as I'm past the point of expecting anything out of the Bills

It's hard to believe that both major league teams in WNY haven't made the playoffs in years. Certainly in pure terms of years, the Bills are more pathetic at this point, but geez, not making the NHL playoffs since 2007 in a league where it seems almost every team makes the playoffs is pretty sad too....My vote's on the Sabre's - they have a longer season, have more time to make adjustments and an owner that seems to want to invest in the team....

Might want to check your facts on that one...

I've come to expect much less from the Bills, so they shouldn't get me down. They do, but they shouldn't. However, since I no longer live in Buffalo, I have to pay for NHL Center Ice, where the Bills I can just go to any sports bar and watch. So I get more down with the Sabres since I have more expectations, and I feel like its a financial loss.

Edited by jdriscoll19

Wow. My disappointment with both runs DEEEEEEEEEP! I thought the Sabres would be competitive and playoff bound, at worst a 6-8 seed. They are unwatchable and when I do watch them choke off 2 goal leads in the third period, I need to hit the gym to chill out after. The Bills, meanwhile just rip your heart out with their mistakes and this off-season brings very little hope for the season. It's on the coaches. If they miraculously pull these teams together, I'd be ecstatic, but as a life-long Buffalo fan, I've learned to suffer with them, even though I left town 30 years ago, I still hang on to these teams like family..... How pathetic is that!

Edited by victorymedia

Bills...by a mile. I love both teams, and while neither have had true success (in my lifetime), this is, honestly, the first year I can remember losing all hope in the Sabres pretty early on (yeah, I am dumb and gullable when it comes to my teams), but true hope rode out of town on a bus for me, as far as the Bills are concerned, about 4 years ago...I went from being a polly-ana to a sour puss...Bills by a mile. Given the Sabres ownership, I can still fathom a scenario where they can be an elite team next year...with the Bills, I feel like I am just biding my time, flying my fan flag, waiting for new ownership to take over..that is a sad place to be.

Sadly, as I have gotten older, my love of sports has actually gotten a bit stronger, more like it was when I was younger...I rely on them to get me through long days, broke weeks...I will watch every Bills game, nearly every Sabres game....but right now, I am numb to the results, unless they win. Fortunately for me, I am a Celtics fan too....they aren't winning a ring this year, or next...but I am always proud of their effort in big games...I like that feeling. So, the Celtics are getting me through these dark times....

The lack of effort is what gets me. I'm done waiting for Myers to turn into the player he was drafted to be. Miller blows shootouts but I'm more disgusted by the defense. They have the desire of the Bills defense from the first half of last season. It's about to be a firesale. I'm afraid Miller is going on the trade block for draft picks, Leopold has already been shipped out. More will follow. They are playing like an AHL team, might as well call up all of the Amerks.

My answer: Bills

I love the Sabres, but it would be so much more fun if the Bills actually made the playoffs once in awhile. It will be a great day when the Bills make the playoffs again.

That's not to say I don't love a good Sabres run. Football is just more fun to me.

Sabres. They're at the start of their tear down before rebuilding process. I think they are farther away from turning things around as it seems that it usually takes longer in the NHL. The Bills just need to find a QB, the rest will take care of itself.

This is pretty much spot on. The Sabres were mistaken into thinking that they were contenders and are about to tear it down and start over. The BIlls are in the middle of trying to put it back together.

Dead even both teams equally pathetic

Bills, all the sabres need is mr. pegula to stop believing that dr is a genius. The sabres could get a top gm if mr. pegula woke up and saw the light. The Bills on the other hand couldn't get an elite gm to come here no matter what they paid him. Aside from the short period in the 90's the Bills have been a joke of a franchise for almost their entire existence. This is due to Mr. Wilson and unfortunately until he passes and the question of who will own this team and if they will get a new stadium is resolved it is unlikey any top gm or coach would touch this team with a ten foot pole. All the sabres have to do is fire dr and there are plenty of candidates perfectly willing to assume the helm.

The Bills by a mile. This is year 14. of the slowest, soul sucking, no progress rebuild in the NFL and I don't think I'm going out a limb by saying it will be year 15 next year. Think of some kindergartener first discovering the Bills and pro football around 2000. That kid is now in college without ever having seen a playoff game. We're working on a 2nd generation to whom a Bills playoff game is something akin to folklore.

Sabres. They're at the start of their tear down before rebuilding process. I think they are farther away from turning things around as it seems that it usually takes longer in the NHL.

Tell that to Montreal.

The Bills just need to find a QB, the rest will take care of itself.

Oh, is that all? The Bills have had a really easy time of doing that since 1996.

Sabres, because I can't use the "Ralph is Cheap" excuse on Pegula, they have spent a ton of money, and they have absolutely nothing to show for it. Why they kept Darcy after canning Ruff is a mystery and I have no idea what the long term plan is. It is a mess.

But I have to say........ The Bills are a very close second. I am down on both.

You sound like a pretty serious Sabre's fan.

But I would disagree with you on that one point- it seems to me like just about half the teams make the playoffs. I may be in the minority on that one though.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Gotta be the Bills. The Sabres have had quite a few winning records in the span of years that the Bills have had one season with a winning record and ZERO playoff appearances. The Sabres even had one season with the best record in the NHL. The Bills can't get out of their own way.

Russ Brandon. I am disgusted by this man. despite the Bills ranking in the top 10 most profitable teams in the NFL he has a large portion of people around here thinking the team is poor and needs to give away games to another city.

They say that the best trick the devil ever pulled off was in convincing people he didn't exist.