My Mock Draft

I have this feeling Buffalo is drafting Nassib.. I don't even think it matters if Geno is on the board.. Just a hunch.

(I however, like EJ.. If he's available in the second (doubtful) I'd draft them both.)

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right there with you - Barkley can't make all the throws- we had that guy who was more athletic, smarter, tougher, and had just as good intangibles, we just cut him, IF I'm getting a QB out of this draft and that's a big IF I'd be someone with better upside - Smith, Manuel, Bray, or Scott

This.

The clips I seen of his pro day, his throws struggled to get there. Yes, he threw into the wind but still.......I'd prefer more upside as well.

I'll be disappointed if Barkley is our selection. I do think he will be there at 8, I'm sorry to say.

Edited by billsoverdue

Not the worst, nor is it something I would walk away from thinking we did great.

Don't think Thomas will make it out of the 3rd or 4th round so I don't see him there in the 6th.

I would also prefer to have drafted a WR or TE to help our rookie QB.

agreed, Thomas is a late 2nd, early 3rd.

Solid job. But that's a reach for Jones, he's a 3rd rounder. Hunt won't last that long. Thomas likely goes earlier, as well.

I like people talking about how Barkley doesn't have much upside, but he's probably got the most out of anybody in the draft...

1st Round either Werner, Barkley, Jones, Warmack, Patterson. 2nd round either a quarterback wide receiver or a safety. 3 round a wide receiver or Jenkins from Florida. 4th round bostic from Florida. 5th and 6th round d line help

I dont mean to knock your effort.

But to me, when a post title says "MOCK DRAFT" I expect to see all teams' picks, not just ours. Like what are the first seven picks that you expect, to make Barkley fall to 8, etc.

P.S., I'd rather take EJ Manuel at 8. The draft is a crap shoot anyway. Draft who you like. 4-5 years from now most of the players drafted in 2013 will be out of the league. For the ones still in, no one will care where they were drafted or what the "value" was of the round they were picked. In a perfect world, all the ones still around in 4-5 years would be first round picks because somebody had the foresight to recognize that they were NFL players.

So take Manuel at 8.

I dont mean to knock your effort.

But to me, when a post title says "MOCK DRAFT" I expect to see all teams' picks, not just ours. Like what are the first seven picks that you expect, to make Barkley fall to 8, etc.

P.S., I'd rather take EJ Manuel at 8. The draft is a crap shoot anyway. Draft who you like. 4-5 years from now most of the players drafted in 2013 will be out of the league. For the ones still in, no one will care where they were drafted or what the "value" was of the round they were picked. In a perfect world, all the ones still around in 4-5 years would be first round picks because somebody had the foresight to recognize that they were NFL players.

So take Manuel at 8.

I don't follow all 32 teams closely enough to even pretend like my analysis would be complete if I were to do a mock.

That said I don't think Barkley being there at 8 is a stretch at all. He is all over the place from top 10 to late first. As for taking who I like thats what I did. I like Barkley and think the arm strength concerns are overblown. I also think Manuel at 8 is a stretch. I completely get your logic about grab who you like and I am in that same camp. I just prefer Barkley.

Solid job. But that's a reach for Jones, he's a 3rd rounder. Hunt won't last that long. Thomas likely goes earlier, as well.

I like people talking about how Barkley doesn't have much upside, but he's probably got the most out of anybody in the draft...

I tried putting a question to astro earlier in the thread but I can pose it to you too. What are the knocks on jones? He was excellent every time I watched him. Iirc he only missed 6 assignments all year! I'm not trying to be a douche I honestly would like to know.

rd 3 - 6 is ok. 1 and 2 though.................

I have some Barrett Jones love myself. So much that I'll be surprised if he's still there at #41.

I'm not opposed to Barkley but I think he's a QB who depends on his WR. Stevie is an unconventional route runner and probably not the easiest WR for a raw QB to sync up with. If we do take Barkley it would be nice if we could give him Woods - but would Woods last 'til #41?

It's possible!

RD1 Barkley QB

RD2 Woods his WR at USC

RD3 Jordan Reed TE

RD4 Aaron Dobson or Da'Rick Rogers WR

RD5 JC Tretter OG

RD6 Ty Powell OLB34 Harding or Michael Mauti ILB-S

Do you really think Woods will be there in Round 2? I know the Bills have shown a lot of interest in him.

I tried putting a question to astro earlier in the thread but I can pose it to you too. What are the knocks on jones? He was excellent every time I watched him. Iirc he only missed 6 assignments all year! I'm not trying to be a douche I honestly would like to know.

I'd like to understand this myself. On top of all you mention, he showed great toughness in playing hurt at the end.

My personal opinion is that he's actually higher on the team's draft boards, but because he missed the Underwear Olympics recovering his Lisfranc, he's off the scope of the Draftniks.

Either that or as you say, undervaluing C or concern about the injury.

Edited by Hopeful

Your mock is as good or better than any of the other ones I've seen.

I agree with the poster who would have like a WR in Rd2. I think our OL help will come in FA.

Agreed here. Nice work, 122.

Im a big fan of Jones and would love to have him as a Bill, but it may be tough to pass on some of the WRs who will be there in the 2nd. And the way this FO has been able to identify OL talent in FA makes me agree with Maddog.

You guys really want Barkely at 8? Really, that high? Ok.. Well to each its own.. Not my cup of tea that's way too high....

I guess that I will take a crack at my ideal mock:

1st - Cordarelle Patterson

2nd - EJ Manuel

3rd - Khaseem Greene

4th - Justin Pugh

5th - Vance McDonald

6th - Tavares King

Something like this

This would be great... If Geno is not there at 8...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

I have this feeling Buffalo is drafting Nassib.. I don't even think it matters if Geno is on the board.. Just a hunch.

(I however, like EJ.. If he's available in the second (doubtful) I'd draft them both.)

I agree I think it will be Nassib at 8. I would prefer Manuel as well, but what do I know.

I know that the Bills like JC Tretter. He's a RD4-5 guy, and we have the O-Line coach to develop our line. The Bills were 6th in rushing last year even with Freddy out for so long. Anyone think Hairston or Sanders becomes the LG?

If they draft Tretter, do you think they'd attempt to sign Luke Tasker as a UDFA? Just curious. JC & Luke are thick as thieves and the latter has ties to WNY and the Bills. BTW, I think your thoughts above on LG are a distinct possibility.

I personally think Margus Hunt will go at the bottom of rd 1 or at the top of rd2. If he is there in the 3rd we would be foolish to pass on this guy. He is an athletic FREAK!!! would be an instant starter IMHO.

Yeah a few players were ranked lower than I expect them to go by drafttek and I felt the same way. I would have to take these guys if they were indeed available at those picks. Hunt is very intriguing and huge! As I said he and Mario collapsing the pocket with Dareus and Williams coming from the middle would be exciting.

As others have pointed out shamarko will also prob go earlier than his ranking. I wouldn't mind "over drafting" him as he can play the Bryan Scott role. All of my defensive picks I took with flexibility in mind. They all seemed to be pettine style players.

I'm sorry, but I just do not get the Barkley love by the Buffalo Bills fans here. Buffalo is a place where the wind whips around on a nice day let alone one in late October, November, December and January. Yes they do play one game in the dome in Toronto. But they also play on the road in New York and New England. Did anyone see his pro day? Even the upbeat QB lovin' NFL draft experts couldn't give him a seal of approval like they did with every other QB's pro day this year. This article best sums up Barkley's lackluster pro day...

http://www.usatoday....ay-usc/2026329/

"Some of the concern among scouts isn't about the injury, but arm strength even when healthy. Barkley was sharp on short routes, but had some wobbles on deeper throws, overthrowing some and leaving receivers to wait for others."

I think that Bills fans are falling into the trap of wanting the "star" college QB and rationalizing as to why he would be a good fit for Buffalo. His long throws were bad. Defenses will know he throws bad long balls and sit on the short stuff. Barkley is a back up QB. I hope that Bills fans come to their senses and realize that the best QB prospects for our team would be Geno Smith, EJ Manuel or Matt Scott. These three dudes have it all. Are any locks to succeed? Of course not. But at least they have the required arm strength and athletic ability for the job of a starting QB which plays outdoors in western new york. There is no way the Bills want Matt Barkley. If they do, we are so screwed because it would mean they are being run by very stupid people.

I agree, i don't get the love for Barkley either. Not only in his arm strength but also with the recent failure of USC QB's, Sanchez / Leinart. Carson Palmer was allowed to sit and develop a bit and even so look at him now.

Bills fans just don't realize how tough it is to throw in RWS at times. That stadium is particularly tricky for kickers and QB's when the winds kick up.

I don't like Geno Smith or EJ Manuel either for various reasons, as both have the physical tools needed its just I'm very skeptical about their ability to fully develop into starting NFL QB's, reading defenses ECT.