Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd McShay just released his latest mock

RD 1- Buffalo Bills select Chance Warmack- G/Alabama

RD 2- Ryan Nassib -QB /Syracuse

:flirt:

I don't like either of those picks

You don't take a guard that high and I hv doubts about Nassibs arm strength

Levitre is not an elite guard. His is a good pass blocker (not great) and a good pulling guard. He is not a bad run blocker, but he's not a great one either. He gets overpowered a lot of times. He may be above average overall, but he's not in the Logan Mankins stratosphere.

Mankins is not the same player after tearing his ACL. The only guard I'd say is clearly better than Levitre is Carl Nicks.

Nassib in the 2nd isn't so bad, but a guard in the 1st is ridiculous when the Bills already showed their opinion of guard value when they chose not to pay Levitre.

I think Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, or Jarvis Jones is the way to go in the 1st.

Taking a guard, any guard, at number 8 is a reach. The Bills could sign ex-Jet Brandon Moore who was a Pro Bowl guard in 2011-12

or draft a decent guard in the 3rd round of a talent heavy OL prospects draft. The first 2 picks are needed to address the qb and wr positions.

Just my 2 cents.

I truly hate the idea of using a first round pick to fill a hole created during FA.

See: McKelvin, Leodis.

This. And as others have said (SJBF) if you're going to spend a high pick on OL, draft a tackle. Tackles can become guards. Guards seldom become tackles.

There was a Chris Brown blurb buried on OBD about the various backup OLmen and their potential at guard, including Zebrie Sanders. I couldn't find it, but it ran down the Bills backup OL and speculated which would be the best fit at LG. I wasn't impressed, but it's possible the Bills see their LG as being on the roster.

Hell, McShay even apologized for it.

"I feel like I should apologize to Bills fans for this pick given the team's quarterback situation, but there are reasons this makes sense."

Of course, I don't blame him for the second round QB pick, but I have to deeply question his rationale for Warwick, especially with all of the holes elsewhere.

I truly hate the idea of using a first round pick to fill a hole created during FA.

See: McKelvin, Leodis.

yeah, makes no sense at all ... if this is what happens, Buddy will have a lot of explaining to do

We can find guards is the 3rd round or later....

I hear ya, but I wouldn't mind North Carolina's guard(Jonathan Cooper) in round 2. This guy is right up there with Chance, if you ask me. Rd. 1 should be QB,WR, or LB

I hear ya, but I wouldn't mind North Carolina's guard(Jonathan Cooper) in round 2. This guy is right up there with Chance, if you ask me. Rd. 1 should be QB,WR, or LB

Cooper is a 1st Round pick all the way...He will get pushed down a bit, the same way Warmack will, and Decastro did last year...If Warmack goes in the Top 17 there is a VERY good chance Cooper goes #18 to the Cowboys who desperately need OG help...But once Cooper gets into the 20's his value becomes very strong...The Colts would then be in play at #24, I don't think there is a chance in hades Cooper gets out of the 1st... B-)

I'm amazed at the absurdity of this post.

Chance has played 0 downs in the NFL.

Glenn is not a Guard. Glenn is a good NFL LT.

Pure Drivel.

According to some of you David DeCastro is a HoFer Guard too.

Glad you're amazed.

DeCastro projects to a good, solid starter in the NFL. Nothing more. Warmack projects to perennial All Pro. That's not just my opinion, that's right off of two scouting reports from guys I've known since the mid-70s when they were gophers trying to break into the business. That said, their opinions mean squat until we see what kind of player Warmack turns out to be. We've all been wrong before. It happens. That said, some people around here, based on what I've read over the last 17 years in this forum, wouldn't know a great player if he bit him in the ass. Unless, of course, one of the talking heads told him who was a great player and who wasn't.

Glenn is not a guard? Really? He was pretty dominant at the position in college. He wouldn't have ANY problem sliding inside if he had to. It would be an easier transition than the one he successfully made to LT.

Like I said, myopic.

GO BILLS!!!

Glenn would move to RT before he would ever move to Guard. In other words, he won't be a guard.

See if you can wrap your head around this thought: Glenn is already a G who's playing LT.

And he'd be fine at RT as well.

But if you and others around here can't see the idea of a Joeckel or Fisher (already better LTs than Glenn) and Glenn combining to form one of the most dominant left sides in football, and next to Eric Wood to boot, what can I say? Find some tapes of Art Shell and Gene Upshaw.

I'm not saying or even advocating the Bills do any of this. They NEED to find their QB, but there are FAR FAR FAR worse things they can do than creating the best left side in football.

GO BILLS!!!

The Bills have a better than average offensive line now. The addition of one of the top tackles or a future annual all pro like Warmack could make them a great offensive line. A great offensive line combined with a great running back can make an average QB look very good. I have no problem with Warmack at 1. Nassib is not a favorite of mine but I like him a lot better at 2 or 3 than I do at 1.

See if you can wrap your head around this thought: Glenn is already a G who's playing LT.

And he'd be fine at RT as well.

But if you and others around here can't see the idea of a Joeckel or Fisher (already better LTs than Glenn) and Glenn combining to form one of the most dominant left sides in football, and next to Eric Wood to boot, what can I say? Find some tapes of Art Shell and Gene Upshaw.

I'm not saying or even advocating the Bills do any of this. They NEED to find their QB, but there are FAR FAR FAR worse things they can do than creating the best left side in football.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree wholeheartedly

It all starts with the lines, the basis of building a dominate offense. That O line under Gailey couldn't make a 3rd and short if their lives depended on it, and against some pretty crappy teams I might add. What so many fans seem to think is that O line is fine with a G at LT and scrub / band aids at other positions besides center. BTW that Center hasn't finished a season the last 3 years running.

This is another year of rebuilding in 13 freaking years of rebuilding. I wouldn't be against the Bills taking any one of the top 3 OT's in Johnson, Fisher, Joeckel or OG Chance Warmack. with that #8. It sure would be a chance for the offense to get so much better at protecting unproven QB's and also help the run game.

What would freak me out is another DB taken with that #8, and how has the team done the last 13 years drafting DB's & RB's?

2000 DE

2001 DB

2002 OT

2003 RB

2004 WR, QB

2005--

2006 DB, DT

2007 RB

2008 DB

2009 DE

2010 RB

2011 DT

2012 DB

OG Chance Warmack or one of those 3 top LT's is about as safe a pick as you can get with Buddy Nix as GM. I just hope Marrone has input into this draft.

Nassib in the 2nd isn't so bad, but a guard in the 1st is ridiculous when the Bills already showed their opinion of guard value when they chose not to pay Levitre.

I think Dion Jordan, Ezekiel Ansah, or Jarvis Jones is the way to go in the 1st.

Levitre isn't in the same class as Chance Warmack, not even close from what I've read. The ONLY attribute that Levite has shown during his time with the bills is that he is durable

Look, Mike Mayock / NFL.com has Warmack rated as the best player in the 2013 NFL draft. NFLdraftscout.com has him graded Warmack as the 2nd best player in the draft. ESPN has him at #8. Scout.com has him at #5 overall.

How many pro bowlers do the Bills have on offense? What would be the affect of adding a pro bowl guard to that O line?

Glad you're amazed.

DeCastro projects to a good, solid starter in the NFL. Nothing more. Warmack projects to perennial All Pro. That's not just my opinion, that's right off of two scouting reports from guys I've known since the mid-70s when they were gophers trying to break into the business. That said, their opinions mean squat until we see what kind of player Warmack turns out to be. We've all been wrong before. It happens. That said, some people around here, based on what I've read over the last 17 years in this forum, wouldn't know a great player if he bit him in the ass. Unless, of course, one of the talking heads told him who was a great player and who wasn't.

Glenn is not a guard? Really? He was pretty dominant at the position in college. He wouldn't have ANY problem sliding inside if he had to. It would be an easier transition than the one he successfully made to LT.

Like I said, myopic.

GO BILLS!!!

So Some guy you read says Chance projects to a Perennial All Pro therefore "Chance Warmack is already better than Levitre"

Awesome logical reasoning.

I will make sure to highlight your amazing insight and strategy in the future.