30 movies that came out 30 years ago

Just Jack

Your name isn't Vader. I refuse to read movie linky things unless they are posted by Vader. <_<

But, while not following your linky things I was able to find this Alyssa Milano stuff, and you can never have too much gratuitous Alyssa Milano stuff.

It's a Vader-worthy list. Amazing how many really entertaining movies came out that year. About every five years I'm flipping around and see Bad Boys and have to watch it. Best juvie hall movie ever.

It's a Vader-worthy list. Amazing how many really entertaining movies came out that year. About every five years I'm flipping around and see Bad Boys and have to watch it. Best juvie hall movie ever.

Very true, many very good, very memorable movies that year.

Plus Mrs Chef Jim's temporary lapse in judgment.

damn jennifer beale was hot in that movie....

was el norte put on that list just to make me feel uncultured? never heard of that movie

I think it was added just to make 30, I've never heard of it either.

Out of the 30, I've only seen 9.

i'm probably around 20.

never saw Jedi or Scarface in their entirety

Yentl...yeah no

El Norte, never heard of it

Terms of Endearment nope

Cujo, Christine, not into scary movies

DC Cab, probably my style but don't think i have ever really seen it

Silkwood, negartory

Jaw's 3-D...perhaps but really no recollection

I'm probably at 25 or so. Actually was living in Miami when they filmed Scarface and saw them filming a couple of scenes. And I can't believe so many of you have never heard of El Norte. But then again I lived in SoCal for a bunch of years so that's probably why I'm VERY familiar with it. <_<

I've seen 14 of them. Never heard of El Norte, either. Terms of Endearment was "Beaches" before "Beaches," in my opinion. And "Bad Boys" is one of my all time favorites. Kick ass fights and a soundtrack that includes Little River Band. Good stuff.

Your name isn't Vader. I refuse to read movie linky things unless they are posted by Vader. <_<

:lol:

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, there are many people who regard the year 1982 as the greatest year for "fanboy/geek" movies.

In that year alone there was: "E.T.", "Blade Runner", "The Thing", "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn", "Poltergeist", "Conan the Barbarian", "Tron", "The Beastmaster", "Creepshow", "The Sword and the Sorceror", "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior", "The Dark Crystal", "The Last Unicorn", & "The Secret of NIMH".

That's not all that came out that year. You also had: "An Officer and A Gentleman", "Fast Times at Ridgemont High", "Victor/Victoria", "Porky's", "Tootsie", "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas", "Pink Floyd: The Wall", "Annie", "Rocky III", "First Blood", "Airplane II: The Sequel", "48 HRS" and last but not least, 1982's best picture winner "Ghandi".

That's quite a year.

:lol:

In keeping with the spirit of this thread, there are many people who regard the year 1982 as the greatest year for "fanboy/geek" movies.

That would have been a fine post.....

LAST YEAR!