NCAA Tournament

Gordio

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad the state above Ohio pulled it out, really dislike Kansas and they got shafted a few times. Also damn did Michigan State start to fall apart, Duke is starting to walk away with this - if they start running it on MSU it will be impressive. Anyone who think Duke gets all the calls needs to watch that first half, they are getting calls now because MSU is playing sloppy.

Glad the state above Ohio pulled it out, really dislike Kansas and they got shafted a few times. Also damn did Michigan State start to fall apart, Duke is starting to walk away with this - if they start running it on MSU it will be impressive. Anyone who think Duke gets all the calls needs to watch that first half, they are getting calls now because MSU is playing sloppy.

Yah i don't care much for Michigan, but like to see a good guy like Beilein triumph over a thug like Self. The amount of shadiness around that guy from Illinois-Kansas is ridiculous (yet somehow largely unreported in the mainstream media).

The whole Duke thing with calls isn't prevalent every game. It's just that their homecourt calls are tenfold of other teams and they're more likely to get a fair shake in hostile territory. I've always thought it would be pretty fair if every game were ref'd like a Duke road game.

Yah i don't care much for Michigan, but like to see a good guy like Beilein triumph over a thug like Self. The amount of shadiness around that guy from Illinois-Kansas is ridiculous (yet somehow largely unreported in the mainstream media).

The whole Duke thing with calls isn't prevalent every game. It's just that their homecourt calls are tenfold of other teams and they're more likely to get a fair shake in hostile territory. I've always thought it would be pretty fair if every game were ref'd like a Duke road game.

UNC gets the calls at home. If you sneezed next to Hanesborough it'd be a foul, just like if you didn't give Reddick 20' to shoot a 3pt'r.

It's that way at every game, the Ohio State gets some great calls at home.

UNC gets the calls at home. If you sneezed next to Hanesborough it'd be a foul, just like if you didn't give Reddick 20' to shoot a 3pt'r.

It's that way at every game, the Ohio State gets some great calls at home.

I don't disagree. It just seems like instead of the typical 65/35 split of marginal calls in favor of the home team, it's more like 80/20 in Cameron & 50/50 on the road. Like if there were a regional final in Charlotte or someplace, it's hard to imagine a bogus charge going against them at the end of a close game as happened to Baylor in Texas a few years ago.

Granted, this is obviously anecdotal and hard to find empirical evidence on. JMO, not trying to hate. I have Duke in the finals this year. Strange how many said they were the best team w/ Kelly all year and suddenly after one bad game vs Maryland, L'ville is now an overwhelming favorite (at least among the public...line is only 3.5).

I don't disagree. It just seems like instead of the typical 65/35 split of marginal calls in favor of the home team, it's more like 80/20 in Cameron & 50/50 on the road. Like if there were a regional final in Charlotte or someplace, it's hard to imagine a bogus charge going against them at the end of a close game as happened to Baylor in Texas a few years ago.

Granted, this is obviously anecdotal and hard to find empirical evidence on. JMO, not trying to hate. I have Duke in the finals this year. Strange how many said they were the best team w/ Kelly all year and suddenly after one bad game vs Maryland, L'ville is now an overwhelming favorite (at least among the public...line is only 3.5).

On the road people hate Duke. I guess by your math it balances out. But, if you watch games in Maryland, Virginia, Georgia Tech, any Florida school (though, they have the inferiority complex and always dog visitors).

Hindsight is 20/20, but I knew Zaga would not go far. I knew Michigan would be tough and likely out Kansas. I did not think Duke, and still do not think Duke, is that good. I do, however, based on the basketball I have seen them play, can win it all...

Now, time to finally talk about crazy... I hate Michigan. I usually refer to say that name. However, I would rather them win then Florida. I think they can. And will. Cuse needs to win just so I can feel good they beat Michigan. Cuse being my third favorite team. Of course, The Ohio State as my second favorite team I demand they win and would be fine if they beat Duke, my favorite team, at any point. You see, Duke gets plenty of respect. tOSU basketball gets next to none, I'd love them to win.

Who do I want to win? tOSU. Who do I not want to win? Michigan, Louisville - eff Pettino, or Florida. I could care less about Wichita State, or Marquette.

That OSU loss last night really tightened up a lot of bracket pools, I'd imagine. Many had OSU penciled into the Final Four even before Gonzaga was upset.

Please, Louisville, beat Dook tonight so I don't have to endure another week of Coach K love down here.

Interesting side note that this is Pitino's first chance to coach against K in the tourney since that UK/Dook classic years ago.

That OSU loss last night really tightened up a lot of bracket pools, I'd imagine. Many had OSU penciled into the Final Four even before Gonzaga was upset.

Please, Louisville, beat Dook tonight so I don't have to endure another week of Coach K love down here.

Interesting side note that this is Pitino's first chance to coach against K in the tourney since that UK/Dook classic years ago.

Please, Duke beat Louisville, so I do not have to endure another offseason of UNC fans talking how overrated Coach K is and how UNC is going to be so much better next year.

I seriously can't believe Louisville made it this far and has been playing this well. Peyton Siva knows how to choke at the worst times...and I still think we'll see that. Just thought it would be by the sweet 16. As much as I hate Duke, I see them winning.

It is interesting that everyone rips Boynton/Florida for not playing well in crunchtime but those same people have no problem picking L'ville to win it all. I mean, Russ Smith butchered the last possession against Notre Dame what - 5/6 times?

Edited by BuffOrange