NCAA Tournament

Gordio

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the kind of player I dislike. I had the same dislike for Shane Battier.

Out of all Duke players from the last 30 years, you disliked the most likeable of them all (maybe Jayson Williams). Hurley, Laettner, Parks, Paulus, Langdon...

Pretty interesting first weekend. I don't think anybody saw Florida Gulf Coast coming & the West bracket has blown up. I too can not stand Craft, Ohio State got bailed out by a bad IMO. UNC had their chance against Kansas but unfortunately could not knock down their shots.(If they did the way KU played in the first half they could of been up by 20 + points at half time). As much as I hate to admit it I think Duke is going to be a tough out & look for them to advance against Michigan St. I like Michigan over Kansas, Indiana over Syracuse, Arizona over Ohio State & I kind of like Lasalle over Witchita St.

Seems like everyone in SWFL has found their FGCU gear or has gotten some.

I picture Buffalo being something like here when they eventually win a playoff game

I bet FGCU gets triple the number of applications now. Not just because of the basketball team, but all the news stories showing the beach dorms on campus. Frickin' dorms on a beach!! It's like spring break every day on campus!

Who cares what degrees they offer. You can sit on a beach in South Florida after class and look at coeds in bikinis. If this school existed 35 years ago, I'd go there.

PTR

Hey!!! What about ""Wojo"? LOL

He's being mentioned as a candidate for the UB job.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Hey!!! What about ""Wojo"? LOL

Wojo, without saying, is No. 1 on the anti-Duke list.

My problem with Battier is that he probably singlehandedly ruined college bball by taking so many charge calls. Now you have guys like Craft thinking it's great defense for an off-the-ball defender to sprint in front of a guy who is in mid-jump to take a bogas charge call.

College bball charges/blocks are a joke and is the one thing that really detracts from a very entertaining sport (although the flagrant elbow rule is slowly working its way up the list of annoyances).

I bet FGCU gets triple the number of applications now. Not just because of the basketball team, but all the news stories showing the beach dorms on campus. Frickin' dorms on a beach!! It's like spring break every day on campus!

Who cares what degrees they offer. You can sit on a beach in South Florida after class and look at coeds in bikinis. If this school existed 35 years ago, I'd go there.

PTR

He's being mentioned as a candidate for the UB job.

Two of my friends attended school there from '06-'10. They are flying high right now after these wins. One of my buddies actually still lives down in Fort Myers. I've visited twice, and yes it's right by the beach and everything around there is gorgeous. My friend freaking lived in a gated community right off the beach for less than I pay for rent. Ridiculous.

Florida Gulf Coast U is a pretty talented team. They flicked off SDSU like a booger.

PTR

it was jaw dropping...they were absolutely dominating...lob city...highlight reel....slama jama...whatever you want to call it it was insane...but they will be destroyed tomorrow and crash back to earth