The Bills have a few holes to fill

chef4131

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BINGO!!

The goal is not to win "any" games. The goal is to win the last game.

And we did last season :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

WR is deep in this draft. QB is not. I would be all for drafting Womack or best available OL at #8 and trying to fix Levitre catastrophe, then spending next 2 picks on WR(Woods, Hunter, Martin, etc) and devoting rest of draft to D and depth, and finding 1 developmental QB and 3rd string RB. Therefore shoring up defense, and lines, and WR. And then waiting for next years real QB class. If we draft Smith or Barkley and they suck and we are stuck with them, and miss out on Manziel or Murray because we are committed to a tomato can that we overdrafted and overpayed- this franchise will be screwed the next 5 years

However, one thing everyone keeps forgetting is that we ONLY have SIX picks in this draft and it could shrink down if we end up making trades to trade up. I don't think the draft is going to allow us to fill ALL our holes. People says this draft is deep @ LB, WR and TEs and we need a QB. Besides this we need a starting Guard, a 3rd WR, another LB, a 3rd string RB, a couple of more backup DBs.

No. You didn't miss anything, unlike the Bills FO which obviusly missed every class in "how to build a decent franchise 101". Sign Fritz to a disgusting large contract. Good decesion that was!!!!! Then we cut him kill the salary cap and leave ourselfs WITHOUT A QUARTERBACK!!!! At the same time we overprice our contract for a "superstar" super mario brother wannabe who can't improve anything but his bank ballance and our disgusting defense. We let our best player walk and lock up yet another DB leaving us with no true CB which we are garanteed to draft again this year or even worse draft a QB in one of the worst QB drafts EVER and if we are lucky we will draft Womak for crissake. A guard at #8! This team is so far gone they may as well pack up there bags now and than move to canada.

Hate to say it dibs, but you sound like a natural. :w00t:

Wait til the draft and UDFAs.

Yeah really--there's bound to be a few Easley's and TJ Grahams in this draft for Buddy and his brain trust to sink their teeth into. No worries there.

Receiver is a very overrated position. Good QBs make receivers better. Brady played with scrubs for most of his career. IMO, receiver is a position when we can find guys later. I'd hate to burn a high pick on a receiver because very few times are the difference in a team's W-L total. The best receiver in the game, Calvin Johnson, has played in one playoff game.

Actually, a few people here are pushing to draft an OG in the first. That's a zero impact position. I would take the WR from Tennessee before wasting it on an ensemble position like OG.

BINGO!!

The goal is not to win "any" games. The goal is to win the last game.

1-15? It's an achievable goal for Buddy and Co.

Damn ya'll. You made this a real thread...lost in this was how tarded the board looks with 4 Geno Smith threads, 3 Barkley, 20 on making sure everyone knows the positions we need and 2 on how good looking I am.

Here have some soup. I promise its got full flavor pickle juice...

Pickle juice is usually optional.

What major holes did we really create though? We let go off 32 year old guys from a terrible defense (McGee, Barnett, Wilson) and 2 UDFA receivers.

Qb, Wr, LB. O line....enough said

And we did last season :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

However, one thing everyone keeps forgetting is that we ONLY have SIX picks in this draft and it could shrink down if we end up making trades to trade up. I don't think the draft is going to allow us to fill ALL our holes. People says this draft is deep @ LB, WR and TEs and we need a QB. Besides this we need a starting Guard, a 3rd WR, another LB, a 3rd string RB, a couple of more backup DBs.

And San Fran has 12 picks...

If Stevie Johnson is a #1 WR, then a Ford Focus is really a Lexus.

Still with the # 1 #2 #3 ?

Lets just get a couple receivers that the defense has to respect.

If you have to coach against them and alot resources that might be enough to break the other facets of the game open.

Stevie has the respect of the league and corners. Thats an educated opinion sir and nothing less.

He demands attention.

Even moreso with a real QB.

Lexus are expensive and coddle the driver. Focus gets **** done. especially the hatchback.

dont get me going about the ST model or the RS from europe.

Focuses are very good value with high upside with good coaching

If Stevie Johnson is a #1 WR, then a Ford Focus is really a Lexus.

Like in real estate it's all location location location. A Focus in some **** hole dirt poor town in the Philippines or somewhere is a Lexus.

In Buffalo, SJ is a Lexus.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Really thin at this position,as is linebacker. Stevie ,stone hands T.J. Marcus Easley has shown nothing to me in a NFL regular season. With his heart and injuries ,he is still a risk. I know his heart is fixed.We need another vet. They say WR takes awhile to learn.

We're not. You didn;t hear. The sky is falling! DOOMED. AARRGGGHH.

Ok just kidding, but all of these threads are getting over the top. I was hoping for a free agent acquisition, but doesn't look like it yet. There are a few decent receivers in the draft. No Calvin Johnson's, but decent WR. Certainly better than the reach we made last year with Graham.

Receiver is a very overrated position. Good QBs make receivers better. Brady played with scrubs for most of his career. IMO, receiver is a position when we can find guys later. I'd hate to burn a high pick on a receiver because very few times are the difference in a team's W-L total. The best receiver in the game, Calvin Johnson, has played in one playoff game.

That's certainly NE's philosophy. I spent the last 3 days in MA and the heartburn, the agony over signing Amendola and letting Welker go.

And yet... and yet.... during their (successful) rebuilding process, Seattle spent 2 high draft picks on WR (3rd round 2009, 2nd round 2010)

The 49'ers have spent 2 1st round draft picks in the last 4 years

The Ravens drafted a WR in the 2nd round in 2011 plus Boldin for a 3rd and 4th round pick in 2010

The Bengals drafted a WR in the 1st round, above their QB in 2011. It seems pretty clear to me that's a WR who is making his QB better and they've been to the playoffs 2x since.

So I would have to say a number of the best teams do seem to attach some importance to this "overrated" position, certainly more than NE does