Bills officially sign QB Kevin Kolb

I wish he had said he was here to suck and join IR. Then he really would have fit in

cmon guys we can't even be happy when players give a damn?

Thank you.

I don't mind him saying this...it may have been more realistic to say he was here to get the Bills in the playoffs, but I'm not upset about what he said.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

I don't mind him saying this...it may have been more realistic to say he was here to get the Bills in the playoffs, but I'm not upset about what he said.

We had like a 14 page thread this offseason calling for everyone's heads because Russ said in an interview that he wanted to return to being a playoff team instead of champion. Can't please everyone.

I got the notification on my phone.

I laughed. Showed it to my friends. They laughed. We all laughed.

Right, Kolb, right. If you wanted to win a Superbowl, you would have signed on for minimum as the backup to a contender. But, you took the best paycheck you could find, instead. We know what's up. You'll be on the bench by mid season, either due to injury, or tanking. :P

How is that admirable? I'd rather try and lose than have a SB ring that someone else won.

It was only a few years ago that Kolb was very highly sought after free agent. He wound up with a team who had the worst O-line in the NFL and got absolutely destroyed. I am excited to see what he can do behind a legit offensive line and see if he could live up to the hype that followed him before signing with Arizona.

I hate to be a downer, but I am really worried about Kolb. I think Fitz--with all his faults--made our o-line look awesome with really nice presence and a quick release. Kolb doesn't have that same pocket presence and is going to take a lot more sacks behind that same oline, and then everyone will start calling our oline one of the worst in football.

The only thing more laughable than Kolb calling the Bills a Super Bowl team is James Walker calling himself a writer.

i am surprised that you have become so jaded too.

Whether it's realistic or not, his fresh enthusiasm is not a thing to be squelched. I imagine Tavaris Jackson feels pretty stoked too.

I am alright with that.

I am somewhat realistic but that is what i want to hear from the New guy and i think he might buy into it actually

Go Bills

Isn't everyone's goal to win the Super Bowl every season? This is the stupidest fake issue ever created by a half-wit blogger. If it Sanchez or Tannehill said the same no one would have batted an eye

Edited by Smiley Dear

i am surprised that you have become so jaded too.

Whether it's realistic or not, his fresh enthusiasm is not a thing to be squelched. I imagine Tavaris Jackson feels pretty stoked too.

I am alright with that.

I am somewhat realistic but that is what i want to hear from the New guy and i think he might buy into it actually

Go Bills

I'm not jaded.

You might be misled by the fact that my comment concentrated more on slamming Walker than it did supporting Kolb's words but in no way do I find Kolb's words objectionable (funny).

As my subsequent post suggested (affirmation of others' posts) I am happy with what Kolb said.

Go Bills indeed!

And go Wolverines!!!

I'm not jaded.

You might be misled by the fact that my comment concentrated more on slamming Walker than it did supporting Kolb's words but in no way do I find Kolb's words objectionable (funny).

As my subsequent post suggested (affirmation of others' posts) I am happy with what Kolb said.

Go Bills indeed!

And go Wolverines!!!

I based it off this brother and thought it out of character indeed.

" The only thing more laughable than Kolb calling the Bills a Super Bowl team"

I know you are a fan of a good sort so i wanted to check you : )

We had like a 14 page thread this offseason calling for everyone's heads because Russ said in an interview that he wanted to return to being a playoff team instead of champion. Can't please everyone.

I think we're all just jaded over the lack of success in this town...we're now over-analyzing a new player's comment about wanting to win a Superbowl. :wallbash:

Everyone take two of these: :beer:

And get back to me after you're chilled out.

Edited by BuffaloWings

Isn't everyone's goal to win the Super Bowl every season? This is the stupidest fake issue ever created by a half-wit blogger. If it Sanchez or Tannehill said the same no one would have batted an eye

^ This.

Fitz is durable at $3.25 million for TN, Kolb is fragile at twice the price here, comparable potential.. Which team will make out better?

If Kolb makes twice what Fitz makes in 2013, it will be because he hit some serious incentives. So under that scenario, Buffalo will have made out quite well on his deal.

Have you ever read James Walker?

Do you feel you have the ability to recognize a person's writing skills? I'm doubting that you do based on your post.

If he had lauded Kolb for the SB comment, you would not have disparaged his writing skills.

To answer your question, it's easy to spot poor writing skills. You are confusing that with content and/or opinion, which in this case you disagree with.

What are walkers writing victories again? Finding someone to pay him? Kolb has succeeded in that. I'm not sure what other achievements you've seen from walker. He's awful, consistently

Successful professional writer are those who get someone to pay for their writing. The more prestigious (the term can be used loosely) the payer is one way to judge a writer's success. Is he George Will (blathering on about baseball---that is TRULY bad stuff!)? No, but this guy has made his way from a local paper to ESPN. Kolb has bounced from the Eagles to the Cards to the Bills--a team desperate for a starting QB. Yet he will still likely be fighting a rookie and another journeyman for the starting position. I would say Kolb's trajectory has not been consistently upward.

What are Kolb's incentives ?

I still don't know.....and have been checking the contract sites every few hours.

Still no details released.

Edited by Dibs

If he had lauded Kolb for the SB comment, you would not have disparaged his writing skills.

To answer your question, it's easy to spot poor writing skills. You are confusing that with content and/or opinion, which in this case you disagree with.

Successful professional writer are those who get someone to pay for their writing. The more prestigious (the term can be used loosely) the payer is one way to judge a writer's success. Is he George Will (blathering on about baseball---that is TRULY bad stuff!)? No, but this guy has made his way from a local paper to ESPN. Kolb has bounced from the Eagles to the Cards to the Bills--a team desperate for a starting QB. Yet he will still likely be fighting a rookie and another journeyman for the starting position. I would say Kolb's trajectory has not been consistently upward.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

No you're confused because you think you can read my mind.

Remind me how many guys play quarterback in the NFL as marginal starters versus how many hack bloggers are employed by ESPN and its equivalents?

You're hopelessly off on this.

I'd bet many of us make more than James Walker. His position as a divisional blogger is not prestigious. Being employed by ESPN in-and-of-itself is not prestigious.

If he wrote for the Boston Globe sports section you might have an argument.

James Walker versus Kevin Kolb? He'd compare more accurately with Aaron Corp.