Bills sign Manny Lawson

BRAWNDO

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it maybe asking a lot but I would love to see a OG (Brandon Moore), a TE (Keller or Myers), a SS (maybe Pollard), a WR (Hayward-Bey or Gibson) and another LB (maybe Dansby). I personally like those particular players but what I'm really thinking is those level players, and we would be able to afford them all. It's actually what I am expecting, too. About 4-5 more 3-4m per year guys

I think Brandon Moore was only playing under a 2-3 million a year contract last year. That would be totally acceptable to me as a stop-gap Guard.

Sounds good

So with Lawson and Bradham being penciled in as our starting OLBs, I think that decreases the chance we pick Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo or any other OLB at #8.

I'm thinking QB, OL, or ILB.

Love the signing. Perfect player for the Bills D. Perhaps can move Scott back to his more natural safety position.

@JasonColeYahoo

LB/DE Manny Lawson deal is 4 yr/$12 mill with Buffalo. Gets $7 mill in first 2 years.

very reasonable price. A few more guys like this at that #. TE is worrying me a bit, as well as WR.

ok we got one LB we need 2 more...

Lawson was a good signing.

Olgetree in the draft. Dream senario is to trade down and get him, and Barkley/Gino fall into late/early 2nd.

So does Mario go back to # 90 now, and Lawson takes 99?

very reasonable price. A few more guys like this at that #. TE is worrying me a bit, as well as WR.

Olgetree in the draft. Dream senario is to trade down and get him, and Barkley/Gino fall into late/early 2nd.

So does Mario go back to # 90 now, and Lawson takes 99?

Dareus is 99, so the latter part is unlikely

Having digested this for a little over an hour, the move leaves me feeling very satisfied. This is the sort of signing good organizations make -- which leads me to wonder how in the hell the Bills pulled it off.

I feel the same way.

Not spectacular but fills a need and come at a fair price. This allows you to give the big contract to one of your own if you feel he deserves it.

The Bills need 3or 4 more of these types of signing- Gaurd, WR, and Saftey or LB.

Lawson will contribute a good deal and should compete to start. This is what the Bills need more of. FA who have displayed starting ability and are atleast 28 y.o or younger.

Decent signing, we needed bodies there plain and simple adds to a unit that is very thin. Can play in the new system. We still should go out sign a couple of other guys though a lot of talent is still out there. Good to see the team making a move though.

Anybody listen to Lawson's press conference? Said the Bills were very active in recruiting him, "spoke volumes to how much they wanted me here." Also said, "it's hard not to want to be a part of this organization."

Makes you think perhaps things are a little different on the inside than what the fans (and media) perceive?

Anybody listen to Lawson's press conference? Said the Bills were very active in recruiting him, "spoke volumes to how much they wanted me here." Also said, "it's hard not to want to be a part of this organization."

Makes you think perhaps things are a little different on the inside than what the fans (and media) perceive?

Or deadspin I might add.

Makes me think any average to slightly above average player the team goes after hard, brings him in the first day of FA, and pays him decent money is going to think the world of the company that thinks the world of him and gives him what he wants, a possible starting job, four year contract and decent money.

I didn't until now: http://www.buffalobi...-center/videos/

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/channel/press-conferences#/media-center/videos/Manny_Lawson_on_Process_of_Signing/bd0dfed9-568d-467b-98f1-fc8c3235ab69

Edited by 26CornerBlitz