Tebow. What have we got to lose ?

jaybee

Incredible, if I were doing a letterman style top ten list of things that would make me decide to just give my fanhood the season off, that's number one.

Never in my life have I seen such a lousey player parlay immense collegiate popularity and non elite skills into a first round pick and undying media attention.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible, if I were doing a letterman style top ten list of things that would make me decide to just give my fanhood the season off, that's number one.

Never in my life have I seen such a lousey player parlay immense collegiate popularity and non elite skills into a first round pick and undying media attention.

hes not a lousy player..hes a lousy passer. hes a winner. and people arent suggesting he is the answer at qb.

I never believed the hype when people labeled Tebow as a franchise QB coming out of college and I don't buy the hype of Tebow being the worse QB ever now.

There was a weird dynamic between Tebow and the Jets - it was like OMG we can't put Tebow in, what if he plays well , we'll never be able to get the bastard out again.

Take a realistic look at Tebow and you see a guy with moderate talent and some intangibles, he's going into his 4th season and if he had any arrogance or youthful over exuberance I would think the season with the Jets kicked it out of him.

So while I wouldn't give much in way of money or draft picks ( a conditional 7th in 2014 at most) to have Timmy, I'd certainly be willing to have him compete here.

What have the Bills got to lose? Would you like me to make a list? First, we'd lose cap space for a real QB who can play the position. Second, we'd lose a roster spot that could be used for a real QB.

Cuz TBD experts said so. For the league minimum...how could you not give this guy a shot? Let him compete for the job. If he makes it...cool. If not, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Riddle me this? What is wrong with his throwing mechanics ? Thats what they all say. He looks like any other QB throwing the ball to me. Tebow is a diamond in the rough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJujm_6t4lo

Oh no we can't pick him up. That looks like WHY to much fun for Bills fans to endure. We can't afford the distraction of Tebow on such a solid, posed for a SB run team like Buffalo. :lol: :lol:

Even if we won with Tebow we would be the ugly duckling of the league which I for one am tired of .

ahhhh ???? . . . there is nothing ugly about winning, as matter of fact, in the NFL, it's the only thing. Who cares what it looks like or what others think about how you accomplished it? If the new Pope can play QB, get'er done Buddy!

Oh no we can't pick him up. That looks like WHY to much fun for Bills fans to endure. We can't afford the distraction of Tebow on such a solid, posed for a SB run team like Buffalo. :lol: :lol:

So because we aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year, you're suggesting we bring a QB who every GM in the league realizes is a joke of a football player, an immense distraction- basically the biggest clown in the NFL- so that Bills fans can have "fun?" Why would I get more excited to see Tim Tebow complete an 8-yard pass than Tarvaris Jackson? Because he's a virgin? Will I have more fun watching the Bills lose this year because Tim Tebow is on the roster and he is a fanatical Christian? Why are people so obsessed with this freaking guy? He sucks. He sucks so bad that going into the 2011 season he was behind some guy named Weber on the Broncos' depth chart, let alone Brady Quinn. He got to play because he is a virgin and a fanatical Christian and sings hymns while he's mic'd up during the game and thusly, he was polarizing and people were curious to see what he could do. And what did he do? He put up the most outrageously inept passing numbers I have seen in the NFL in as long as I can remember. In week 17, in a game at home against KC (who SUCKED that year) which they HAD to win, they lost 17-3. Fortunately for them, they got some help and backed into the playoffs anyway at 8-8. How triumphant. What a winner. Did you watch the game against the Bills that year? How about the two times he got embarrassed by the Patriots. Worst. Quartebacking Play. Ever. Ever!

Edited by metzelaars_lives

And with respect to the old "but the kid's a winner" routine, his record that season was 8-5 I believe. Ya know who else's record was 8-5 in games in which Tebow played? The backup guard. And the backup guard had about as much to do with a lot of those wins as Tebow. In fact, the kicker (Matt Prater) had much MORE to do with those wins than Tebow. They won more than half of those games DESPITE him. Their defense was playing lights out during that run. Just please, I implore you, go on espn.com and look at his game-by-game log that year. It is really shocking.

What have the Bills got to lose? Would you like me to make a list? First, we'd lose cap space for a real QB who can play the position. Second, we'd lose a roster spot that could be used for a real QB.

Not to mention, our dignity.

And with respect to the old "but the kid's a winner" routine, his record that season was 8-5 I believe. Ya know who else's record was 8-5 in games in which Tebow played? The backup guard. And the backup guard had about as much to do with a lot of those wins as Tebow. In fact, the kicker (Matt Prater) had much MORE to do with those wins than Tebow. They won more than half of those games DESPITE him. Their defense was playing lights out during that run. Just please, I implore you, go on espn.com and look at his game-by-game log that year. It is really shocking.

Not to mention, our dignity.

Except the back up guard didn't have 21 TD's in 16 games. Or 2,800 yards. He's a winner. Literally,the opposite of everything you hated about our old QB. The perennial winner isn't good enough now?

20th or 21st rated D that year, I believe. Really lights out. Even if they started playing better when Tebow went in, I wonder why? Is it because he's a leader that inspired them?

I wonder if the Bills would be better if they were inspired. Hmmm.

Edited by FireChan

Except the back up guard didn't have 18 TD's in 14 games. Or 2,300 yards. He's a winner. Literally,the opposite of everything you hated about our old QB. The perennial winner isn't good enough now?

Tebow is awesome at defense.

Also, this winner got DESTROYED by the Buffalo bills in this winning campaign of his. The broken Buffalo Bills of 2011. This perennial winner somehow didn't take his team to the super bowl. How do these things happen?

Tebow is awesome at defense.

Also, this winner got DESTROYED by the Buffalo bills in this winning campaign of his. The broken Buffalo Bills of 2011. This perennial winner somehow didn't take his team to the super bowl. How do these things happen?

One bad game against the Bills? So he sucks? He beat the Superbowl caliber Steelers in the playoffs. Who cares what he did in a meaningless game against us?

If you judged RF by his w/l as a starter, you should judge Tebow the same. 7-4 in the regular season. Clutch. Makes big plays to win games. What more do you want? Just because we bring Tebow in, doesn't mean we can't also draft a QB. And if you're worried about "locker room drama," I think the Bills would enjoy getting talked about and noticed a little bit. Maybe then our good players wouldn't run out of here the first chance they get.

His defense wasn't great that year,and they still made it to the divisional round. Would you like explain who caused that? Did Elway suit up and not tell anyone?

We beat the Patriots that year too. Do they suck? Does Tom Brady suck? He didn't win the Superbowl either. So he sucks, huh?

Edited by FireChan

One bad game against the Bills? So he sucks? He beat the Superbowl caliber Steelers in the playoffs. Who cares what he did in a meaningless game against us?

If you judged RF by his w/l as a starter, you should judge Tebow the same. 7-4 in the regular season. Clutch. Makes big plays to win games. What more do you want? Just because we bring Tebow in, doesn't mean we can't also draft a QB. And if you're worried about "locker room drama," I think the Bills would enjoy getting talked about and noticed a little bit. Maybe then our good players wouldn't run out of here the first chance they get.

His defense wasn't great that year,and they still made it to the divisional round. Would you like explain who caused that? Did Elway suit up and not tell anyone?

We beat the Patriots that year too. Do they suck? Does Tom Brady suck? He didn't win the Superbowl either. So he sucks, huh?

Dude you are out of your mind. Tebow is terrible. Plain and simple. Watch him. Just turn on the tv...and watch him play. Do you want that? No. No you do not.

Dude you are out of your mind. Tebow is terrible. Plain and simple. Watch him. Just turn on the tv...and watch him play. Do you want that? No. No you do not.

I watched all of his games. I saw him win them. I want that, yes I do.

I watched all of his games. I saw him win them. I want that, yes I do.

What you saw was his team win. So now you think that our team will win with Tebow b/c he's magic? No. No he is not. He's a bad QB. He doesn't read defenses or throw a good ball. What is so hard to understand about the FACT that he doesn't read well or throw well. That's a huge problem.

What you saw was his team win. So now you think that our team will win with Tebow b/c he's magic? No. No he is not. He's a bad QB. He doesn't read defenses or throw a good ball. What is so hard to understand about the FACT that he doesn't read well or throw well. That's a huge problem.

Intangibles aren't magic. He's a leader and a winner, he inspired a team with a mediocre defense and mediocre offense to the playoffs. They didn't sign anyone else or trade for anyone else, they just put Tebow in and he did the work and won them games. We have't had a QB with the leader and winner intangibles in 10+ years, that's why we suck.

I never said he could throw a perfect ball. Or was great at reading defenses. I don't care about either of those. RF was great at reading defenses, look where he is now. Brady in his draft report didn't have a perfect throw, or the ability to read defenses. Look at his HOF career now.

Face it, Tebow has the qualities the Bills need more than anything. We haven't had a leader in a decade and it shows when our team gives up in the second quarter. Tebow is good enough to make plays in the 4th quarter to win, he's clutch

Teblow can't play Quarterback.. Also Denver's defense won those games in spite of him.

21st ranked defense. Tebow still scored 21 TD's that year. Don't think it was all them.