Pope Watch 2013

Just Jack

wow...a Jesuit...now that's a scary thought..

Actually he sounds like a pretty good guy with some humility. 76 seems a little long in the tooth, but hey we didn't expect a youth movement this time around.

Francis is a good saint to name a pope after.

I'm optimistic...except for the Jesuit thing..

wow...a Jesuit...now that's a scary thought..

Actually he sounds like a pretty good guy with some humility. 76 seems a little long in the tooth, but hey we didn't expect a youth movement this time around.

Francis is a good saint to name a pope after.

I'm optimistic...except for the Jesuit thing..

Isn't that young/average for a pope?

Lighten up, Francis.

I've seen that joke made about 85 times already (and I'll get it in response again to this post I'm sure). I'm serious with the question though. Why do we always switch the name to our version instead of the name they actually choose? I'm sure we have more than our share of guys named Francesco in the US.

Will he take Francis the first (I) or does that get tacked on when there is another Francis? See John Paul I, was he always John Paul until John Paul II came along?

What is the Papal protocol? Enquiring minds want to know! 0:)

Since John Paul I... This has got to be the first "new" name in 100's of years? Cripes... There has been 16 Benedict's and 14 Clement's... Over 20 John's and strangely only 6 Paul's. Heck there is 6 Hadrian's and 9 Boniface's!

Pope name = very interesting.

:blush:

Will he take Francis the first (I) or does that get tacked on when there is another Francis? See John Paul I, was he always John Paul until John Paul II came along?

What is the Papal protocol? Enquiring minds want to know! 0:)

Since John Paul I... This has got to be the first "new" name in 100's of years? Cripes... There has been 16 Benedict's and 14 Clement's... Over 20 John's and strangely only 6 Paul's. Heck there is 6 Hadrian's and 9 Boniface's!

Pope name = very interesting.

:blush:

And one Pope Hilarius. That is by far the best name of them all.