FREE AGENCY THREAD

Those stats, taken in a vacuum, would suggest that the exchange was practically tit for tat.

Old age for youth. The Dolphins know they're still a couple of seasons away from being a true threat so the move makes sense. It's a lateral movement as of now, but in two or three years they will have made out much better.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you see this? That would be great. Pettine likes his CBs and Smith would be a huge upgrade. I would be thrilled with Gilmore, Smith, Leo and then Williams and Brooks. It would also allow us to move Williams to safety. I havent seen any reports of Smith visiting the Bills though. Hope it's true.

I saw this on twitter....but I'm not sure how to post it here. It said the bills eagles and dolphins are in play and right now he is looking over his options.

Sean Smith would be a GREAT signing! I think that would set us at cb and fill one of our weaknesses leaving #2 wr, #1 lg, #1 qb, and a starting lb as the remaining needs. Which could be filled through fa (except qb) - think Kevin Walter WR, Brandon Moore G, Karlos Dansby LB (all should be value signings). Thus leaving our draft options much more open to bpa.

Edited by section122

Dansby played the mike position with the Dolphins last year and ILB prior to that when the fish ran a 34.

I'd love to sign him to a three year deal at around $14 mill. He would help our run D immensely.

Was he the strong or weak ILB?

Sean Smith would be a fantastic pickup. It would keep those of us in the "PLEASE GOD DO NOT DRAFT A CB #1" camp happy, too.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Chiefs are in pursuit of Dolphins free-agent CB Sean Smith, and clearly Kansas City is a viable option for him.

might be too expensive if that many teams are after him. He would be the number two guy here. I would love to have him here though.

Why is anyone too expensive? Most of the people on this board worry about the dollars like they are coming out of your own pocket. If we want a player, we need to get him. Does it make you feel better when we get someone on the cheap? Starting CB's are not cheap anymore. NFL starters period, are not cheap. Lets hope we sign Smith or anyone else who is good for that matter.