Chase Daniel worth a look

Please no, thurman just replie on twitter to Schefter and I couldn't agree more. What happened to kolb and Flynn? Weren't they suppose to be studs after leaving? They left the system that suited them best and their success went away. I don't want Daniel because he's coming to the bills. I just don't want another Flynn or kolb and yet again another setback for the team.

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

Please no, thurman just replie on twitter to Schefter and I couldn't agree more. What happened to kolb and Flynn? Weren't they suppose to be studs after leaving? They left the system that suited them best and their success went away. I don't want Daniel because he's coming to the bills. I just don't want another Flynn or kolb and yet again another setback for the team.

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

hes not even a kolb or flynn... he has 50 passing yards in his career. his peak accomplishment at the nfl is backing up a good qb.

when he got bumped to starter while drew held out, he couldnt even make it through non-contact mini camps without injury.

He's cheap and has some upside,he is absolutely worth it if you can get him for cheap.

I'm with you. If the Bills don't like any of the QBs in this draft as much as they like Daniels and Daniels comes cheap, then no harm in seeing what he's got.

I know some want a QB in the draft because "anyone has to be better than Fitz", but to me that isn't sufficient reason to cut Fitz and spend a high pick on one of those guys. The Bills must think a rookie in the 1st or 2nd has a significant chance of being a good starter in order to justify expending such a high pick. With the 8th pick, the Bills should be able to get a very good starter at some position. In round 2, you hope to get a good long-term starter at some position. No justification for selecting a QB with either pick if they don't think he'll be a good enough starter to get them into playoff contention no matter how frustrated folks are with Fitz. It might just be that there are no good QB alternatives this year. I leave that to the pro scouts to figure out.

I thought he was a better passer at Missouri than Gabbert was although he had Maclin and Coffman to throw to. Maybe that's not saying much. He's short but so are Brees and Wilson. If he can be gotten for a reasonable price, then great. Leave no stone unturned and maybe someday we'll all agree that the QB problem is fixed for a decade. I am all for a plan A, A1, B, C, whatever. Keep trying until its fixed,.

I always liked what I saw from him in preseason. Too bad it's preseason. NoSaint seems to know more about him that most of us. Can you explain why you think he sucks? I'm not doubting you, but every time I watch him, he's some what impressive. In a season in which there might not be any good QBs available in rd 1, a cheap stop gap that has a chance to blossom seems like a good move. Of he sucks, draft a QB that we like next year, as opposed to being forced to draft a QB because we need one.....even though they will likely suck or never develop into a star (which is what we need). I just don't like the idea of using a 2nd or 3rd rd pick on a QB when we have a good shot at drafting 2 future starters in those spots. Jmo.

hes not even a kolb or flynn... he has 50 passing yards in his career. his peak accomplishment at the nfl is backing up a good qb.

Could be said about Rodgers, Brady, etc. - basically most QB who backed up a star for a while.

As a QB for Missouri, he was a far better QB than Gabbert except for one thing - his height. He doesn't "look the way you want your QB to look".

It really wouldn't bother me a bit to keep TJax, pick up a FA dark-horse backup, AND draft a QB. Worked for Seattle.

It would bother me to pick up a FA dark-horse, and NOT draft a QB high

I know some want a QB in the draft because "anyone has to be better than Fitz", but to me that isn't sufficient reason to cut Fitz and spend a high pick on one of those guys. The Bills must think a rookie in the 1st or 2nd has a significant chance of being a good starter in order to justify expending such a high pick. With the 8th pick, the Bills should be able to get a very good starter at some position. In round 2, you hope to get a good long-term starter at some position.

I'm not particular if the Bills draft a QB in round 1-4 depending on who they like and how things fall, I just want them to stop looking at the temperature of the water and jump in the pool already!

I have no problem if the Bills pick up someone off the bench, either, but in addition to, not INSTEAD OF a draftee. I am tired of us bringing in retread QB hoping one will work out for a while - Fitz, Thigpen, VY, Tjax. If you bring in a guy and he works, fine but make that plan B not plan A don't wait around to see before drafting,

If the Bills can't see a QB somewhere in the draft that they think has at least as much potential as a lifetime backup or an UDFA who's been sitting on the bench, I think they need glasses.

Could be said about Rodgers, Brady, etc. - basically most QB who backed up a star for a while.

As a QB for Missouri, he was a far better QB than Gabbert except for one thing - his height. He doesn't "look the way you want your QB to look".

It really wouldn't bother me a bit to keep TJax, pick up a FA dark-horse backup, AND draft a QB. Worked for Seattle.

It would bother me to pick up a FA dark-horse, and NOT draft a QB high

He was undrafted. If he was a top ten pick other than height he would've been picked up - see Russell Wilson. Heck, colt McCoy.

He was then cut by the redskins who had terrible qb depth - Jason Campbell, Todd Collins and Richard barrel.

He was then cut twice that season by the saints. Once so they could carry 2 kickers, and another time for a bandaid cb to stick around a couple weeks.

You also have to remember the saints offensive depth is fantastic. So in preseason he's had backs like Chris ivory and mark Ingram - even cadet played fantastic and made their 53. He's had 4th receivers like meachem. A developmental TE named jimmy graham a few years ago. He still has Sean Payton calling his plays.

This is not Aaron Rodgers. He isnt a first round talent waiting for a shot. This is not Tom Brady. Frankly tom brady doesnt justify bringing in every qb. This is a journeyman backup that you hope doesn't see real game play. This is graham Harrell, it's colt Brennan, it's any number of less than gifted guys that will bounce around the league.

Theres a reason the saints have had open competitions at backup qb each year. ill give him credit for winning but the losers are out of the league. His stiffest competition for the job was a 32 year old patrick ramsey. Sean Canfield. He hasn't proven anything.

Edited by NoSaint

Chase has been linked to the Bills since the Marrone selection

Really! As evidenced by?

Lots of wallers complain about Fitz' noodle arm. Daniel's arm might not even be as good as Fitz. Why would the Saints give up on him when their starter is in his mid thirties and showing signs of decline?

Edited by Dr. Trooth