Matt Scott - QB - Arizona

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing you're referring to his footwork and unorthodox deliveries. He was a bit helter skelter .....

Yeah, he's pretty loose but I was referring more to the wild and repeated inaccuracy.

You can get away with that in college to some degree but it's a deal-breaker in the pros.

I don't know if the rest of his film looks like that, but if it does I don't see how he could ever platy QB in the NFL.

He kinda looks like Tim Tebow. :ph34r:

Yeah, he's pretty loose but I was referring more to the wild and repeated inaccuracy.

You can get away with that in college to some degree but it's a deal-breaker in the pros.

I don't know if the rest of his film looks like that, but if it does I don't see how he could ever platy QB in the NFL.

He kinda looks like Tim Tebow. :ph34r:

He has a much quicker release than Tebow. I see your points though about his sometimes wild and inaccurate throws. Maybe he could be coached up, unlike Tebow because it's hard to un-teach a horrible slow delivery such as Tebows'..I do like his toughness. He stands in there and takes the hit to complete a pass.

Edited by first_and_ten

I'm going on record that he will be the best of the 2013 QB class. Better than Geno, Better than the other Matt, Better than Manuel.

Tell me which QB in this class has the best accuracy?

Who has one of the strongest arms and throws a nice spiral to get through the buffalo wind?

Which one has the quickest Dan Marino like release?

Who has the quickest feet and is the most sudden of the group? Tops in agility testing at the combine?

Who was a quick study, learning two different offensive systems?

Out of all the QB prospects in this draft, which one would likely be a top pick next year if he had another year to play? Who has great upside?

Which QB puked his guts out on the field and kept on playing, throwing a TD a few plays later? Buffalo kind of tough!

Who was told to add weight so he went out and added 20lbs of good weight?

Which QB did Rich Rodriguez say had an arm equal to or better than any QB he ever coached or coached against?

I'm sorry but I just cant get excited about Matt Barkley. What you see now is the best this guy is going to be. I want a guy that Marone and Hackett can turn into something special.

To me he looks almost as quick as Kaepernick coming out of school with a similar live arm, but probably more accurate.He is 6'2.5" which is tall enough.

The more I read and watch video on this guy, the more I like him above all the others. This guy was under the radar but now teams are starting to see the special qualities in this guy.

An excellent runner, yes. But also a very accurate passer with a strong arm and a quick release. Thought to be a mid round pick earlier this year, he is climbing quickly up draft boards.

Chip Kelly in Philly and the new QB coach in Jacksonville love this guy. Thankfully, the Bills have also been listed as a team that likes him. I think he is going to come off the board much

sooner than most of the draft gurus predict. I doubt very highly that he makes it through the mid second round, especially since he now weighs in the 215-220 range.

I'm going on record that he will be the best of the 2013 QB class. Better than Geno, Better than the other Matt, Better than Manuel.

Tell me which QB in this class has the best accuracy?

Who has one of the strongest arms and throws a nice spiral to get through the buffalo wind?

Which one has the quickest Dan Marino like release?

Who has the quickest feet and is the most sudden of the group? Tops in agility testing at the combine?

Who was a quick study, learning two different offensive systems?

Out of all the QB prospects in this draft, which one would likely be a top pick next year if he had another year to play? Who has great upside?

Which QB puked his guts out on the field and kept on playing, throwing a TD a few plays later? Buffalo kind of tough!

Who was told to add weight so he went out and added 20lbs of good weight?

Which QB did Rich Rodriguez say had an arm equal to or better than any QB he ever coached or coached against?

I'm sorry but I just cant get excited about Matt Barkley. What you see now is the best this guy is going to be. I want a guy that Marone and Hackett can turn into something special.

To me he looks almost as quick as Kaepernick coming out of school with a similar live arm, but probably more accurate.He is 6'2.5" which is tall enough.

The more I read and watch video on this guy, the more I like him above all the others. This guy was under the radar but now teams are starting to see the special qualities in this guy.

An excellent runner, yes. But also a very accurate passer with a strong arm and a quick release. Thought to be a mid round pick earlier this year, he is climbing quickly up draft boards.

Chip Kelly in Philly and the new QB coach in Jacksonville love this guy. Thankfully, the Bills have also been listed as a team that likes him. I think he is going to come off the board much

sooner than most of the draft gurus predict. I doubt very highly that he makes it through the mid second round, especially since he now weighs in the 215-220 range.

So... we gonna make the playoffs next year or are we going to be selecting in the top 5 in 2014?

I haven't been around very often, but this thread did catch my attention. I didn't know who this kid was until I watched the video.

After reading the first four pages of this thread and watching the video, I think Matt Scott will go in the late second or late third round and I think the original poster is right about the arm strength. The ball sizzles out of his hand. It's smoking. However, he does need alot of work and he did make some bad throws and at least three balls were tipped at the line of scrimmage. I see a second rounder if the right team is looking for a player like him. Philadelphia is the perfect place for him.

Let's not kid each other, arm strength weighs the most with draft scouts and NFL teams. They won't say it, but it's true. Matt Scott needs works and lots of it. He didn't get that many starts in the NCAA, but he has the physical talent to play in the NFL at a high level.

But, like Cam Newton, you can have all the physical skill and not be a great NFL QB. Newton was a big disappointment in his second year. Jaws pointed out what Newton didn't do, like make routine plays. And his reading of a defense was horrible. He's going to have to learn how to play the pro game or he's going to be like Vince Young.

Spot on post-combine scouting report on Matt Scott:

http://nflsoup.com/2...couting-report/

If there is a Kap or Wilson in this draft and there might not be, its Matt Scott.

The big drawback has been that he's only had one season starting. But that could also be looked at by just thinking about the kind of upside the kid has. He was really good without having a lot of experience. He beat USC and almost beat Stanford putting up a lot of points in the process.

Yes he's raw, but you aren't drafting on who can start right away, you are drafting what they can and should be in two years and into the future. IMO he's already better than Barkley and Nassib who both are what they are at this point having had a ton of college starts. Scott on the other hand is still learning, yet he possesses the physical tools and ceiling to become a Russell Wilson or a Drew Brees.

The big drawback has been that he's only had one season starting. But that could also be looked at by just thinking about the kind of upside the kid has. He was really good without having a lot of experience. He beat USC and almost beat Stanford putting up a lot of points in the process.

Yes he's raw, but you aren't drafting on who can start right away, you are drafting what they can and should be in two years and into the future. IMO he's already better than Barkley and Nassib who both are what they are at this point having had a ton of college starts. Scott on the other hand is still learning, yet he possesses the physical tools and ceiling to become a Russell Wilson or a Drew Brees.

So now inexperience and not being good enough to play ahead of Nick Foles is viewed as a positive ahead of 3 and 4 year starters?

But wait, neither of those guys threw up on the sidelines against USC. Now it makes sense.

So now inexperience and not being good enough to play ahead of Nick Foles is viewed as a positive ahead of 3 and 4 year starters?

But wait, neither of those guys threw up on the sidelines against USC. Now it makes sense.

To be fair, at one point Joe Flacco wasn't good enough to start ahead of Tyler Palko, nor was Russell Wilson good enough to start ahead of Mike Glennon.

Can't view things in a vacuum.

I have actually heard good things about him, but this video is not very impressive. Almost every single pass is 5 yards or shorter like the second coming of Captain Checkdown. Also, at 2:12 seconds hes got an easy score to the guy directly to the right of the guy he threw to who made a step inside and then up field. Wide open, but chooses a tougher throw instead for a modest gain.

Again, I have heard good things from him about the combine prior to this thread, but this video was not very impressive to me. I am not against him, but this video wasnt very enrolling in him being a top prospect.

To be fair, at one point Joe Flacco wasn't good enough to start ahead of Tyler Palko, nor was Russell Wilson good enough to start ahead of Mike Glennon.

Can't view things in a vacuum.

What? Russel Wilson played 3 years at NC State, with 2 of those ahead of Mike Glennon. Only reason why Glennon started was after Wilson transferred to Wisconsin.

What? Russel Wilson played 3 years at NC State, with 2 of those ahead of Mike Glennon. Only reason why Glennon started was after Wilson transferred to Wisconsin.

My understanding was that Wilson transferred to Wisconsin because the new coaching staff wanted to start Glennon...am I mistaken?