Matt Scott - QB - Arizona

Yeah I said it. I just got done watching a video of Matt Scott in the Stanford game and he is the best QB prospect in this QB class that I've seen. He has a quick and accurate Marino-like release, great arm, he makes great decisions, he stands strong and delivers in the pocket when about to take a hit, he has great feet. Seriously, why hasn't this kid been talked about around here? After watching his tape and understanding that he got very positive reviews from his combine day, this guy must is the best kept secret from fans and media in this draft. I can't believe that NFL GMs are not noticing him as a potential star NFL QB...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUa4xUGoeM0

This guy Matt Scott has a Colin Kaepernick-type vibe to him. Great talent who is shrugged off by the experts, but who has a lot of guts and belief in their talents. I see no way that he makes it to the third round pick of the Bills. Why are we talking about bench warmer guys like Barkley and Nassib who have nothing on this kid Matt Scott?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That ball comes out fast, for sure. Passes are crisp, but not always perfect, throws behind the receiver a lot. A LOT of throws to the flat. And he sorta "wings" it a bit--not the best throwing mechanics in the world. Two deep sideline passes in the first four minutes, both pretty decent.

Chris Brown was talking about this guy right after the combine. Said that he believe the Bills will not draft a QB in the early rounds, and that Scott could be a target of the Bills in the 4th or 5th round. He throws a nice ball, has good footwork and a nice compact delivery. Was praised by scouts at the combine during throwing drills for his "zip" and accuracy on short and intermediate routes. From what I heard, however, he struggled somewhat throwing deep balls. Scouts said he was putting too much air under the ball causing the ball to "flutter" and be underthrown.

If the Bills truly do not see a QB worth taking in the top 3 rounds, this might be a good guy to target. Don't be fooled though...he's not Kaepernick and he's not Russell Wilson. I think he will end up going in the 4th round.

He seems to go with the play instead of scanning and delivering to the much open reciever, as you can see at times and espeically at 2:14 in this clip! HE'S A project but has a good tight delivery with a tight spiral but not impressed at all but just my humble opinion and haven't seen much film on him.

Edited by NFLBighits

This guy Matt Scott has a Colin Kaepernick-type vibe to him. Great talent who is shrugged off by the experts, but who has a lot of guts and belief in their talents. I see no way that he makes it to the third round pick of the Bills. Why are we talking about bench warmer guys like Barkley and Nassib who have nothing on this kid Matt Scott?

Wow! Seriously? Scott is 3 inches shorter than Kaepernick...Kaepernick has a better arm, and is a MUCH better athlete over all... Of course Kaepernick is a much better athlete than most QB's...And Pistol Offense or not, Keapernick set records at Nevada...I'm not saying Scott does not have some positive attributes...But Kaepernick-type vibe? No way... B-)

Yeah I said it. I just got done watching a video of Matt Scott in the Stanford game and he is the best QB prospect in this QB class that I've seen. He has a quick and accurate Marino-like release, great arm, he makes great decisions, he stands strong and delivers in the pocket when about to take a hit, he has great feet. Seriously, why hasn't this kid been talked about around here? After watching his tape and understanding that he got very positive reviews from his combine day, this guy must is the best kept secret from fans and media in this draft. I can't believe that NFL GMs are not noticing him as a potential star NFL QB...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUa4xUGoeM0

Wait, aren't you the Manuel crusader?

Potentially a mid round project. Not a starter. Nice to see game tape against a decent team. However a bit like Fitz. Some good TD throws but shame about the ending. We need a QB to get it done at the end of a game. Didn't see many QB runs.

Edited by peterlaw